RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Personalized Settings for 2013 RX

Old 03-27-14, 09:54 AM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So, did I purchase an ELM clone device? So, did I purchase an ELM clone device?
If so, can you post a link to a NON clone device and add non clone device to your web site links to give folks a choice?

This kind of stuff drives me nuts.

Last edited by Tom558; 03-27-14 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Added going nuts comment.
Old 03-27-14, 10:49 AM
todor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom558
So, did I purchase an ELM clone device? If so, can you post a link to a NON clone device and add non clone device to your web site links to give folks a choice?

This kind of stuff drives me nuts.
Sorry about the confusion - yeah, this whole hardware situation drives me nuts as well! I actually don't know of ANY Bluetooth adapters with an authentic ELM chip in them. They probably do exist, but I haven't come across them. The closest one to a legit device is the OBDLink, but they don't actually use an ELM chip either - they use a legit chip from a different manufacturer, which is compatible with the instruction set of the ELM 327 v1.3. Unfortunately, for this version of Carista, that's not a good choice as the Toyota/Lexus-specific functionality requires v1.4.

If you guys can find a place that sells a Bluetooth adapter with a real ELM327 chip in it, I will certainly put a link to it on our web site.
Old 03-27-14, 10:55 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Oops! I posted the previous message from my personal account, not the Carista account. Anyways, it's me.
Old 03-27-14, 11:53 AM
Tom558
Intermediate

Thanks for the update todor/Carista. I'm looking forward to getting the adaptor and trying out your software.
Old 03-27-14, 11:58 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this one is very interesting to me:
"Close windows and sunroof via long-press on remote (On / Off)"
There have been a couple of discussions on this and from what I remember, it couldn't be done.
Old 03-27-14, 12:05 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mors
this one is very interesting to me:
"Close windows and sunroof via long-press on remote (On / Off)"
There have been a couple of discussions on this and from what I remember, it couldn't be done.
I agree, one I want to try.
Old 03-27-14, 01:13 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for clarifying, Carista. My concern is that many of these Chinese ELM-clones look similar, all based around some notion of being v1.5 and having one of several form factors. However, I do not believe they are all of the same quality and there are plenty of reports noting problems. I agree in that I have not found a true non-clone ELM device either and especially one which supports Bluetooth.
Old 03-27-14, 01:44 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Thanks for clarifying, Carista. My concern is that many of these Chinese ELM-clones look similar, all based around some notion of being v1.5 and having one of several form factors. However, I do not believe they are all of the same quality and there are plenty of reports noting problems. I agree in that I have not found a true non-clone ELM device either and especially one which supports Bluetooth.
Yes, that's definitely true - over time I've received reports from users that some devices just don't work. I've had people try all sorts of things and they still don't work (not with Carista, not with Torque, nor any other app). So it really is a hit-or-miss situation with that hardware, but I'd say in MOST cases it's a "hit" and I try to maintain links to the "good ones" on Amazon
Old 03-27-14, 01:48 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
We are particularly proud of the "Ding when headlights are left on" setting, which is NOT available through the dealers' software on this car
You really want the ding. As of 2013, the lights no longer turn off on their own in the ON mode, as they used for over a decade before. Eventually they will turn off to prevent complete battery discharge.

Now, if the ding could be removed when the door is open and the vehicle is in the ACC mode, then it's a whole different story. Or when the engine is turned off with the door open.
Old 03-27-14, 01:57 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vlad_a
Now, if the ding could be removed when the door is open and the vehicle is in the ACC mode, then it's a whole different story. Or when the engine is turned off with the door open.
There IS a setting that controls the volume of that ding and the speed of the chime, but I don't think it's possible to turn it off completely... and also, I don't know if your particular car supports that setting (our test vehicle, a 2010 RX450h didn't).
Old 03-28-14, 10:19 AM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Carista,

Your product looks interesting, but I didn't see anything about the Rear Hatch/Door settings. Many of us change how we can open the Rear Hatch. Can you product adjust how you open that door? If so, what options do you provide for that?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-14, 12:39 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dmccombs
Carista,

Your product looks interesting, but I didn't see anything about the Rear Hatch/Door settings. Many of us change how we can open the Rear Hatch. Can you product adjust how you open that door? If so, what options do you provide for that?

Thanks.
Their software only provides access to what is already in your vehicle in the way of the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS). If you refer to that list for your vehicle you will see which items can be changed and what the various settings are. For example:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf
Old 03-28-14, 01:03 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Their software only provides access to what is already in your vehicle in the way of the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS). If you refer to that list for your vehicle you will see which items can be changed and what the various settings are. For example:

Crista says his app access more settings than in the Lexus PDF:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8453204-post11.html
Old 03-28-14, 02:08 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The LPS lists the Rear Door opening settings I am describing. The Carista product feature list did not list the Rear Door opening options. This is what I am asking Carista for clarification about.
Old 03-28-14, 04:54 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

We don't have the rear hatch settings in this version, but we're working on adding them in the next update.

We do have some settings that are not in the PDFs (depending on the vehicle) but we also don't have all settings that ARE in the PDFs for all models yet. As I said, we're working on it. When new settings are added, they will be available as a free update to existing customers. Our goal is to support ALL settings that the dealer can change (and from a technical point of view, that is indeed possible).

But the good thing is that it's free to see what settings Carista offers for your particular vehicle (once it's connected to the vehicle). You only have to pay if you want to change setting values.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Personalized Settings for 2013 RX