RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 01-06-15, 03:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

The 3rd gen RX Tire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 06:50 AM
Kostyan
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ColAngus
I'm the resident Michelin Hater, so please allow me to advise "anything except Michelin".
I went with Hankook Ventus Evo2 or some dumb named thing. They're summer only and i was happy with them at the end of last season (despite their poor reviews).
Got ya but my wife is hauling kids in her RX and I would rather trust a well known brand than take chances with a no-name brand. My experience has not been that bad with Michelins - only as OEM, because it was always most expensive as replacement. In our prev. 2nd gen RX we run Good Year Assurance Comfortread for 40-50k mi and were very happy with them, but I see a general forum consensus with my own research that Michelin Premier LTX is a very good tire. Other than that, I was looking at Bridgestone Ecopia 422s.

I was dumb to pass on a great deal on ebay for Premier LTXs for 650 SHIPPED on a set of 4 which was a couple months back, thinking I did not need the tires. And now the prices went up. The cheapest I can find the Premier LTXs is in H-rated guise for 781 SHIPPED after the $70 rebate. If anyone happens to see a better deal, please let me know.
Old 03-22-17, 02:11 PM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kostyan
Got ya but my wife is hauling kids in her RX and I would rather trust a well known brand than take chances with a no-name brand. My experience has not been that bad with Michelins - only as OEM, because it was always most expensive as replacement. In our prev. 2nd gen RX we run Good Year Assurance Comfortread for 40-50k mi and were very happy with them, but I see a general forum consensus with my own research that Michelin Premier LTX is a very good tire. Other than that, I was looking at Bridgestone Ecopia 422s.

I was dumb to pass on a great deal on ebay for Premier LTXs for 650 SHIPPED on a set of 4 which was a couple months back, thinking I did not need the tires. And now the prices went up. The cheapest I can find the Premier LTXs is in H-rated guise for 781 SHIPPED after the $70 rebate. If anyone happens to see a better deal, please let me know.
OK, but I wasn't preaching no-name, Chinese garbage, either. Hankook is not no-name and there are multiple giant tire brands aside from Michelin. Bridgestone, Good Year, BFG, Firestone, Toyo, etc etc.

*In before someone incorrectly says BFG = Michelin.
Old 04-06-17, 02:00 PM
Kyle76
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time for new tires

My OEM tires are Dunlops, and they're just about in need of replacement. I'd like to get a quieter tire, if possible. My car is a 2014. What are good choices?
Old 04-10-17, 08:31 AM
kezgao
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle76
My OEM tires are Dunlops, and they're just about in need of replacement. I'd like to get a quieter tire, if possible. My car is a 2014. What are good choices?
My vehicle came with Michelin Latitude Tour as the OEM tires. I absolutely love them, smooth, quiet and efficient. I just x-ice for the winter, last weekend I just put the Latitudes back on, definitely a difference.
Old 04-10-17, 05:42 PM
charleston
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $552 -Awesome Deal on Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus

Comes out to about $550 for a set of 4 235-55-19 after mail in $60 rebate - Free Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322142110466...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 04-14-17, 08:29 PM
Kyle76
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a set of Latitudes today. Even my wife noticed how much quieter they are. The road noise is nearly nonexistent, except on really rough pavement. Wind noise is about all I hear now.
Old 04-27-17, 01:05 AM
lexus789
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hi...
replaced OE tire with TOYO 265/40/R22 , good ride but a bit noisy on highway.
Old 04-27-17, 07:15 AM
tkill
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2010 RX350 AWD 180,000 miles

I have 5,000 miles on my Yokohama YK740 GTX. I am very pleased with them. Very comfortable and quiet. Also, better wet traction than I was getting with my Goodyear assurance comfortreads. I went to Discount Tire planning to shell out the cash for Michelins, but the sales guy convinced me to give these a try for a much lower price. So far, I'm very pleased with that decision. Time will tell how the tread life goes.
Old 05-01-17, 01:38 PM
svidas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus

I installed these tires on 12/1/2015 and now 16,500 miles later Lexus says they will need to be replaced soon as they are at 5/32 to 4/32. I have rotated them often, mostly by myself. I aim for good mileage so no jackrabbit starts or stops. 2013 RX 450h, 19 inch.

Warranty is 60,000 miles, BUT they says must be at 2/32, even wear, must show signed records from tire place on rotations. I would need to wait til they are rock hard baldies and then likely have them refuse warranty since I rotated them myself!
Old 05-04-17, 11:16 PM
supratreo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, about to put F sport wheels on my wife's 08 and was wondering if anyone had pics of those wheels with something other than 235/55/19s on them. Also, other than my Supra, I've used michelins on ALL of my vehicles and have been very happy with them. I will most likely be putting Primacys on these wheels.
​​​​​ I'm actually going to switch the Supra over to pilot sports this summer too haha
Old 06-15-17, 05:53 AM
hybrinit
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 22's

Originally Posted by lexus789
hi...
replaced OE tire with TOYO 265/40/R22 , good ride but a bit noisy on highway.
Cool! It's been awhile since I've seen someone put 22's on the RX!

I had to replace my tires from 265/35/22 and thought about putting 285/40/22, but wanted to see if 275/45/22 all terrains would fit. They barely fit. They rub just a bit only when I'm driving on the freeway and I hit a dip or turning sharp corners.

Old 06-17-17, 09:14 AM
1Colin
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 Lexus RX350 Tires

What tires would you guys recommend as replacement for my Lexus. I have Michelins on there now. Please let me know what's recommended or what anyone's used personally and recommend.
Old 06-17-17, 09:30 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Welcome to CL. There is a sticky tire thread listed above the main page. You should post this question there and read around a bit as this has been covered many times. The Michelins are very good tires, but there are other options from Pirelli and Bridgestone.
Old 06-17-17, 12:15 PM
1Colin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Welcome to CL. There is a sticky tire thread listed above the main page. You should post this question there and read around a bit as this has been covered many times. The Michelins are very good tires, but there are other options from Pirelli and Bridgestone.
Thank you for the reply. Can you link me to it as I am new to this I couldn't find it
Old 07-01-17, 08:00 AM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ColAngus
I searched this forum, but it looks like no one has reported on the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2... If anyone knows anything, please advise.
I think I may try to get them. I will not buy Michelin or Continental. The Dunlop & Pirelli & Bridgestone all have some realistically weak reviews from our group. I really like the idea of Summer Only because I have Blizzaks for winter. These seem like a good fit although I have never owned Hankooks.
If I need to avoid like the plague, please let me know.
^UPDATE TIME!!!
These are actually some fantastic tires and I'm extremely pleased with them. This is my second summer on them and I'm now over 7000km with them in a variety of conditions from extreme rain to very high heat as well as hard cornering and aggressive maneuvers. I don't think I've done an emergency stop, but I can tell you that they help inspire confidence in hard stops with our weird (seemingly undersized) brakes.
I just took them on a hard drive over the Rocky Mountains and through Roger's Pass and I worked them quite hard. They were excellent enough to comment about them on more than one occasion.
I had never owned Hankook tires, before and I was nervous about it, but these are a huge upgrade on the RX350. I got them cheap as Hell, too. Tire Rack was selling them for something crazy like $100 each ($US) when I bought them. When they arrived, they were two years old from date of manufacture (which I'm fine with) so I imagine that's why Tire Rack was blowing them out. I got screwed out of the mail-in rebate, but whatever.
Compared to the abominable Michelin trash that came OEM on my vehicle, these are a phenomenal upgrade that even the most inattentive drivers would notice.
They are VERY quiet and have a soft, supple feel on the road without the squirmy feel that comes from soft tires with poor tread blocks. It's a wonderful balance. I have not heard them chirp, once. I think the vehicle would roll over before these buggers started to let go!

Cornering: 9
Wet: 7.5
Braking: 8
Abrupt Turns: 8.5
Quiet: 9
Value: 9.5
Acceleration: 8.5

BUY THESE TIRES, OR WHATEVER NEWER MODEL HAS REPLACED THEM!!!

Pirelli are too much money and so are Toyo. Michelin are the worst tires on the market AND they're expensive (quick, where do I sign?!) Goodyear are tolerable, but that's it - they're nothing special and Dunlop is slightly worse than that. Chinese junk is still junk (near Michelin in quality, but at least they're cheap). Hankook is a small player, but they have really made an excellent product, here.

*Keep in mind that these are high performance, summer-only tires, so if you live in a very cold place, you SHALL have winter tires if you're using these.

Quick Reply: The 3rd gen RX Tire Thread