RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What do you listen to in your RX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-13, 08:25 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How many RX owners listen to Rap/Reggae

Sup CL gang! I'm wondering because I keep on feeling people keep on indirectly try to convey the message that the music I listen doesn't roll with what I wear, drive, or act. Like today went to go get an oil change the dealership and service dude goes to check the mileage he turns the car on and gets the mileage. First he asks "This your moms car kid?" I politely answer "No used to be hers, it's hand down" Then he goes on to say while I'm signing something "I notice you listen rap, your a rare breed a lot of RX owner and actually Lexus owners don't listen to rap" I was starting to get steamed but I calmly replied "Well I am who am I was raised listening to rap" Then I just left to the waiting area... What you guys thinks?
Thanks in Advance
-MjThind
Old 04-02-13, 09:15 PM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the new aggressive styling and less of the floating ride Lexus is (was) known for, I think they'll see a more diverse selection of music rolling through the dealer service bays over the next decade. Lexus is certainly targeting younger drivers as of late.

I'm not big on the rap/reggae anymore, but certainly like the electronic music on XM 51 & 52.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-02-13, 09:17 PM
ecr72
Driver

Oh, and when I saw the thread topic I said to myself "This has to be the high school kid rollin' in the RX that used to be his moms." LOL

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-02-13, 10:15 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate Rap and reggae!!
Old 04-03-13, 12:42 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

rap (but the real rap, not the bs they make nowadays), techno, trance, sometimes add some rock or classic depending on a mood
Old 04-03-13, 05:40 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yurka
rap (but the real rap, not the bs they make nowadays), techno, trance, sometimes add some rock or classic depending on a mood
I actually listen to todays rap because the ***** is meaning less the real stuff gets me all depressed and ***** because actually has some meaning to it, LOL. Sometimes when get a B on a test or something I'll listen to some classic Ice Cube or something similar. Todays rap goes no where takes you no where which makes me a happy camper and I didn't have to act mature for duration of the song and then I after it ends its back to regular MjThind...

I listen trance too if I'm with my GF, I know that I have listened Inna, Alexander Stan, Mia Martina, etc. Well those are the more well known ones I'm pretty sure that I listen to more than just than those trance artists...
Old 04-03-13, 06:24 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

but there is nothing in nowadays rap,i mean all they do is say how many cars they got, even tho most of them are leasin them, so they not theirs, or how many bad B*** they meet at the clubs and how much cash they spend, thats about it, dont you get bored of it??? There is only about 2-5 actual hip-hop artists nowadays, K.Lamar, he is fine lyrically, J. Cole, Fiasco and thats about it i think.... this rick ross,meek mill, asap rocky, whole MMG and YMCB is a joke, drake can drop a song or two (like 5am) which is decent, other than that, all wack lol, even Snoop is producing some wack bs now, trying to be a fake Bob Marley. Nas dropped a good album this past year, but nobody cares about the lyrics no more,they want somethin just to bounce on in a club, which is sad
Old 04-03-13, 06:34 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm over 50, so probably irrelevant to many here, but I'd rather have silence and the sound of my ride, than listen to any kind of rap -- especially the mean-spirited or sexist variety. Give me something instead that lifts my spirits. I'll leave that to others to decide what it may be -- especially when the top is down on my vert along the PCH on a beautiful sunny California afternoon...
Old 04-03-13, 07:12 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Lately, well Dominican Dembow and Reggaeton (lots of it!!)
Old 04-03-13, 08:13 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BertL
I'm over 50, so probably irrelevant to many here, but I'd rather have silence and the sound of my ride, than listen to any kind of rap -- especially the mean-spirited or sexist variety. Give me something instead that lifts my spirits. I'll leave that to others to decide what it may be -- especially when the top is down on my vert along the PCH on a beautiful sunny California afternoon...
well im not sure about your tastes, but if there is nothing on the radio and my phone is dead, classic music channel works just great to lift up some mood. Some Mozart or Beethoven just does the right thing, especially when the day is nice, it just a perfect combination!
Old 04-03-13, 09:01 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Not going to lie.... but some classical music on a really nice day... does work to get you on a good mood (until you hit NYC traffic)
Old 04-03-13, 11:00 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yurka
but there is nothing in nowadays rap,i mean all they do is say how many cars they got, even tho most of them are leasin them, so they not theirs, or how many bad B*** they meet at the clubs and how much cash they spend, thats about it, dont you get bored of it??? There is only about 2-5 actual hip-hop artists nowadays, K.Lamar, he is fine lyrically, J. Cole, Fiasco and thats about it i think.... this rick ross,meek mill, asap rocky, whole MMG and YMCB is a joke, drake can drop a song or two (like 5am) which is decent, other than that, all wack lol, even Snoop is producing some wack bs now, trying to be a fake Bob Marley. Nas dropped a good album this past year, but nobody cares about the lyrics no more,they want somethin just to bounce on in a club, which is sad
Preach it man! My dad says the same thing you do... He usually says "Beats go hard, but lyrics are nothing but superficial possessions" I totally know and agree with what your saying, what today's rap dose is but blurs one vision of what reality is. For me it's just a brief escape from the some times harsh realties of the world...
Old 04-03-13, 11:05 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GilIS250
Lately, well Dominican Dembow and Reggaeton (lots of it!!)
Actually listen to a lot of Sean Paul, which is dancehall reggae virtually same type of beats just for I can understand Jamaican English better than Spanish...
Old 04-04-13, 06:14 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Perry Como & Bing Crosby.
Old 04-04-13, 06:26 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i'm 34 but the latest CDs ( yeah Compact Disc) that are in the head unit are:

1. Frank Sinatra Nothing but the Best Album
2. Lionel Richie
3. Carpenters
4. Fleetwood Mac
5. Chris Brown Fame Album
6. Pink

i'll start my day listening to Sirius XM hits 1, but after 20-30 mimnutes of recycled songs, i will switch to AM ( yes AM a radio) for some talk radio..once i get bored, the CD collection kicks in.
it's good that my 2011 still have the 6 disc CD changer.

Quick Reply: What do you listen to in your RX?