RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Built in Japan or Canada

Old 01-11-13, 11:56 AM
Cough
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two posters here indicate they have F-Sports made in Canada.

A quick search of cars for sale on the nternet shows FSports with 2T VINs = Canada

Not to say some arent made in Japan eg I know with the regular RX-350 that those with collision avoidance systems were made in Japan despite the fact that most were/are made in Canada.
Old 01-11-13, 09:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

At least in Canada, F-Sports come from the Cambridge, Ontario plant and yes VINs start with 2T. My understanding is this plant provides the F-Sports to all of N. America.
Old 01-12-13, 09:59 AM
Herride
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our F sport, made in Canada
Old 01-12-13, 01:57 PM
Drtdvl
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My F-Sport VIN starts with 2T - built in Canada.
Old 01-12-13, 10:29 PM
SleepKing
Driver School Candidate

My dealer showed me a list of the nation's inventory and a majority of the F-Sports are assembled in Canada, but there are still some that are assembled in Japan.

When we decided to buy a starfire pearl f-sport, our dealer just sold the last one (apparently to someone on this forum as well) so they would have to trade with another local dealer for one. We were given 2 options: one being from from Sacramento with the base options which was built it Canada, while the other is in SoCal that was built in Japan and had a remote starter for an extra $200. We were shooting for the one in SoCal, however that was was just sold as well so we ended up with the one from Sacramento.
Old 01-12-13, 10:59 PM
EVO_S4
Driver School Candidate

My 2013 fsport is vin start 2T so I guess it's canada
Old 01-13-13, 05:07 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by SleepKing
My dealer showed me a list of the nation's inventory and a majority of the F-Sports are assembled in Canada, but there are still some that are assembled in Japan.

When we decided to buy a starfire pearl f-sport, our dealer just sold the last one (apparently to someone on this forum as well) so they would have to trade with another local dealer for one. We were given 2 options: one being from from Sacramento with the base options which was built it Canada, while the other is in SoCal that was built in Japan and had a remote starter for an extra $200. We were shooting for the one in SoCal, however that was was just sold as well so we ended up with the one from Sacramento.
I wonder if there's an arrangement to receive small amounts of F-Sports for dealers along the W Coast due to proximity, costs and other logistics. Interesting to see if anyone towards the E. Coast actually has a Japan-built one.
Old 01-13-13, 05:58 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I didn't even think about looking at the VIN when I tested the F-Sport a few weeks ago. It would be easier if they came from Canada. The boat ride from Japan takes a month. I'll have to check with the dealer when I'm in the neighborhood. They had a few in stock and one being delivered when I was there.
Old 01-28-13, 10:27 AM
triquynh
Driver

FYI Guys - My F-Sport is being built in Canada according to my spec sheets. I was hoping that my RX350 F-Sport was made in Japan. Oh well!
Old 01-28-13, 10:44 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i check 5 dealers in socal and all the f-sport are made in canada. But, the very first RX-Fsport i saw landed to us was made in Japan.

question - does anyne here have f-sport with ML?
Old 01-28-13, 11:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by triquynh
Hi,

I am ordering a 2013 Starfire RX350 F-Sport with HUD, BSM, and Mark Levinson. My salesperson is telling me that my RX350 F-Sport will be built in Japan not Canada..is he right? Thank you!
All North American bound Lexus RX 350 F SPORT w/8AT will be made exclusively TMMC Cambridge ON, Canada plant. All others will be built in Japan for the other global markets with the 6AT RX 350 F SPORT and CVT RX 450h F SPORT.
Old 01-28-13, 12:20 PM
aanbaan
Driver School Candidate

I got mine delivered on Friday in Edmonton, AB... 350 Base + Touring... JT - Made in Japan. Don't think there are any rules. it seems random...
Old 01-28-13, 12:21 PM
triquynh
Driver

Mine will have the ML and HUD package once it gets here.
Old 01-28-13, 04:12 PM
RX808
Driver School Candidate

Here in Hawaii the Lexus seem to all be made in Japan. Not sure but it may have to do with the fact that our dearlerships have no affiliation with Lexus of North America.
Old 01-28-13, 05:55 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RX808
Here in Hawaii the Lexus seem to all be made in Japan. Not sure but it may have to do with the fact that our dearlerships have no affiliation with Lexus of North America.
That is very much the case. When I shipped my SC300 which I purchased in Honolulu, to Scottsdale AZ many years ago, it took that dealership a lot of work to get the car into the North American Lexus system to be able to service and provide warranty service. They ended up going through the same manual process as if the car had originated outside of the United States. Servco (who I suspect still has all of the Toyota and Lexus dealerships in Hawaii) has a direct relationship with Japan -- not through how the other 49 States work with Lexus through Lexus NA... I think of that every time I see some exception with Hawaii on the primary Lexus.com website or other marketing material.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Built in Japan or Canada