RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 03:26 PM
djkidkris
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)

I just got my new WeatherTech floor liners before winter hits Chicago. I picked up both front and rear liners from the Factory Store. I happen to live 5 mins away from the manufacturing factory and headquarters. Its pretty cool. If they don't have a floor liner that they carry in the factory store they make it on the spot while you wait. No special deals though for locals but I guess I save on shipping. Check out the pics I took.

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-img_20111101_120750.jpg

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-img_20111101_120849.jpg

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-img_20111102_153156.jpg

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-img_20111102_153215.jpg

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-img_20111102_153226.jpg
Old 11-02-11, 05:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Were yours in stock or did they have to make them?

Is the factory store still in Downers Grove or has it moved to Bolingbrook?
Old 11-02-11, 06:10 PM
jamiec
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The look better and cover more area than the Lexus all weather mats. I wish I waited and got these instead!
Old 11-02-11, 06:51 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They look great. The fit is really nice. Just in time for the coming Chicago winter.
Old 11-02-11, 06:51 PM
djkidkris
Driver

They had the 3rd gen RX readily in stock...a couple of people ahead of me were waiting for their liners because they didn't have them in the store. The location I went to was in Bolingbrook. There are 2 separate buildings with 1 being the factory store/manufacturing facility. I'm not sure if they still have a building in Downers Grove.
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-img_20111101_121534.jpg  
Old 11-02-11, 06:52 PM
tapau
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pictures, I have the same interior. I ordered mine from 4 wheel parts and they should be here this week. Did you get one for the cargo are. I was hoping to see how the tan color looked w/the color of the interior. I don't think I would get black for the back. I'm holding off on that one.
Old 11-02-11, 07:07 PM
djkidkris
Driver

Originally Posted by tapau
Thanks for the pictures, I have the same interior. I ordered mine from 4 wheel parts and they should be here this week. Did you get one for the cargo are. I was hoping to see how the tan color looked w/the color of the interior. I don't think I would get black for the back. I'm holding off on that one.
I didn't get the liner for the cargo because I got a $50 GC from costco for using their auto program plus an extra 15% off parts from the participating dealership so I bought the OEM Lexus All weather mat for the cargo. I like the OEM mats since they are 2 pieces which makes it easier to get to the rear compartment storage. I like the design too be cause its a sturdy rubber material and its ribbed to contain spills better. Oh and it has the Lexus Logo on it of course LOL.
Old 11-04-11, 08:43 PM
zmanRX350
Driver

Installed mine soon the day I drove my new baby home. Placed the Weather Tech mats on order while Lexus was building my RX in Canada. Only wish they had driver side mat left foot rest come higher. I can see with snow on shoes and foot up against the rest, that water (melting snow) will drip behind the Weather Tech mat. See pics.
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-p1010003-2-.jpg   WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-p1010004-2-.jpg   WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-p1010006-2-.jpg   WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-p1010008-2-.jpg   WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)-p1010007-2-.jpg  

Old 11-05-11, 05:44 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Our 2 RX have Weather Techs liners, Just wondering why they don't have yet for the CT, which we are planning to buy next year.
Old 11-05-11, 07:09 AM
jamiec
Driver

I just received my Lexus all weather mats from Sewell, sure wish I knew about these before I bought them. However, still would like a set, where can I order them? Is the vendor one of the sponsors for this site?

Anyone interested in buying a "barely" used set of Lexus OEM all weather mats?
Old 11-05-11, 08:06 AM
djkidkris
Driver

Originally Posted by jamiec
I just received my Lexus all weather mats from Sewell, sure wish I knew about these before I bought them. However, still would like a set, where can I order them? Is the vendor one of the sponsors for this site?

Anyone interested in buying a "barely" used set of Lexus OEM all weather mats?
Check out Steve from KBcarstuff.com he a vendor on CL that sells the liners...Sometimes there are free shipping deals.
Old 11-05-11, 12:06 PM
jamiec
Driver

I couldn't find them on the forum so I went to the internet. They don't have the 2012 RX liners yet and another vendor on Amazon says the 2011 won't fit properly.
Old 11-05-11, 01:35 PM
djkidkris
Driver

Originally Posted by jamiec
I couldn't find them on the forum so I went to the internet. They don't have the 2012 RX liners yet and another vendor on Amazon says the 2011 won't fit properly.
Pm Steve aka xenondepot or email him. He's very helpful. I'm pretty sure the liners will be the same for both 2011 and 2012. He should be able to help u out and let u know if they are identical for both model years. As far as I know there weren't any interior changes in 2012 but I could be wrong.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/club-lexus-vendor-marketplace/569725-new-husky-floor-liners-premium-quality-free-shipping-save-big.html

Here is the site

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/WeatherTec...loorliners.htm
Old 11-07-11, 02:09 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

zmanRX350: Nice choice on the Tan WeatherTech Liners!

We are still offering free shipping on orders over $70 which would apply to all of our Floor mats & liners. We carry WeatherTech, Husky Liners, and Lloyd Mats.

Steve
Old 11-07-11, 06:14 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

FYI, in my recent experience with the Weather Tech floor liners (front and back) for the 2011 RX, I ended up replacing them with the regular ones from Weather Tech (aka floor mat all-weather).

The reason is I find there is a clicking sound when I move the front seat as there is something under the front driver's seat that interferes with part of the floor liner (front and back) --- the right half of the mechanism under the front seat will hit the floor liner (front and back) when seat moves.

The best way to observe this is to make use of the seat memory and watch while the seat moves. Note that the contour of the floor liners are indeed well designed with details to attention but this is a small miss. You have to move the seat all the way to the front and all the way to the rear to hear the clicking sound. The problem doesn't exist with front passenger seat or the right passenger rear.

It is a pity as I find the material finish of the floor liner quite nice and it is very, very light, compared to the regular ones. The coverage for the front driver of the floor liner is way better than the regular WeatherTech mats.

I also have already removed the carpets and the floor liners are already in good contact with the bottom and they are properly secured with the anchors.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)