RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Possible Color Combination '13 RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-12, 12:48 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible Color Combination '13 RX450h

My wife has decided she wants to finally get her first Lexus. The vehicle she wants is a '13 RX450h, Deep Sea Mica with Light Grey Interior (Ebony Trim). She really doesn't like wood on the interior and the Light Grey with Ebony doesn't stand out. An F Sport is not in the running as it is not a hybrid.

My question is does this combination exist? I checked the roll call and did not see one. I have checked dealer inventories on the Lexus website and found only one 450h on the east coast this way. There are a few 350s with this combination.

Before I start the negotiation process I want to be sure they are making them this way. We had a brief test drive at the dealer and the salesman told me it would not be a problem.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 12-25-12, 02:14 PM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

According to my 2013 RX brochure the combination is manufactured. It may be pretty unusual and require the dealer to do a system-wide inventory check or, as a last resort, special order one for you.

A true special order from the factory takes about 3-4 months. That's the route I went and am very happy with the outcome. If you're in Northern VA, I'd recommend Lindsay Lexus to you as they're quite accommodating of that approach.
Old 12-25-12, 04:24 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

I will talk to the dealer tomorrow to find out the availability. I am hoping that there is one in the system as they may be more willing to negotiate, especially at the end of the year. I am not sure how good a deal I can get on a vehicle that has to be ordered.

Any thoughts?

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 12-25-12, 10:20 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a valid color combination. The dealer can search Lexus inventory and see if it is available.

There is a 2013 price thread on this forum. You may want to read the most recent entries to see what kinds of deals people are getting. Here in N. CA my dealer sent me an email at the beginning of the December to Remember sale indicating that there would be at least $5,000 + (note the plus) off RX 350's and 450h's. You can interpret what they may have meant in terms of how much above $5,000 they may have been talking about ... in 2010 when I purchased my 450h from the same dealership, I got $6,500 off. I suspect something like $5,500 off would be a good deal now in 2013 (but, I would still try for a higher number). Discounts vary around the country and seem to be less on the east coast. So don't be surprised, if you get a different offer at your dealership (invisible sales incentives from Lexus may vary in the various sales regions around the country). I drove by my dealership a day or so ago and they had a large supply of RX's ... so I am sure the deals are going to be still very good.
Old 12-25-12, 11:16 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UCSB
It is a valid color combination. The dealer can search Lexus inventory and see if it is available.

There is a 2013 price thread on this forum. You may want to read the most recent entries to see what kinds of deals people are getting. Here in N. CA my dealer sent me an email at the beginning of the December to Remember sale indicating that there would be at least $5,000 + (note the plus) off RX 350's and 450h's. You can interpret what they may have meant in terms of how much above $5,000 they may have been talking about ... in 2010 when I purchased my 450h from the same dealership, I got $6,500 off. I suspect something like $5,500 off would be a good deal now in 2013 (but, I would still try for a higher number). Discounts vary around the country and seem to be less on the east coast. So don't be surprised, if you get a different offer at your dealership (invisible sales incentives from Lexus may vary in the various sales regions around the country). I drove by my dealership a day or so ago and they had a large supply of RX's ... so I am sure the deals are going to be still very good.
Hey UCSB,

Which dealer are you referring to that sent you the notice about the Dec. sale? I'm looking to buy now and would like to,contact them. Please post up the dealer name. Thanks!

Scott
Old 12-26-12, 01:41 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Lexus of Pleasanton. On prior purchases, I have found that Magnessen's Lexus of Fremont can come through with some low prices also.
Old 12-26-12, 01:57 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Originally Posted by UCSB
It is a valid color combination. The dealer can search Lexus inventory and see if it is available. There is a 2013 price thread on this forum. You may want to read the most recent entries to see what kinds of deals people are getting.
I e-mailed the dealer today with the combination she wants and we are going to have an extended test drive tomorrow.

I have been following the price thread on this forum for some time. There is some excellent information on there. It seems 10% off MSRP is not that unreasonable. I will report back how it goes. Wish me luck.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 12-27-12, 02:31 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

It looks like we hit a snag. There are a grand total of 2 RX450h's in the country with the color combination, neither one anywhere near where I live. There are no other ones in the system. The dealer is willing to put in an order request for the color combo we want, but there is no guarantee. They are going to check with the Lexus district manager tomorrow to see if he knows of any others in the system.

My other concern is that this entire process is going to negatively impact my price negotiations. I know if I picked something in their incoming inventory and closed the deal by Dec. 31st I would be in a much stronger position. However, seeing how this combination is unique, I am unsure how far a can push on the price.

Any thoughts? (I will post this question of the price thread as well and keep you posted on this adventure on this thread)

FamilyRX
(coming soon)

Last edited by FamilyRX; 12-27-12 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Incorrect signature
Old 12-27-12, 05:17 PM
whoDean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We ordered a '13 RX350 Deep Sea Mica/Black Luxury Package, took over 2 months to come in but we negotiated 9% off MSRP.

If you are willing to wait you can get exactly what you want.
Old 12-27-12, 07:38 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Did you negotiate on price before or after the vehicle arrived?

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 12-28-12, 01:35 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Default Update

After a lot of searching on my part, I may have found the correct combination on a dealer lot in Maryland, which is in my Lexus region. It has most of the options she wants and some that she can do without, but not a deal breaker. I have sent the information (VIN, Installed Options, Dealer Stock #) to the local dealer. I called them a few minutes ago to follow up. The said they had made a couple of calls and are waiting for a response. I will call them back in about an hour to see how it went. If I don't hear back from them, I will call the out of town dealer myself.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 12-28-12, 06:42 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

The RX comes in many nice exterior colors ... maybe you should just consider another color combination. It is always great to have a backup plan. The grey/ebony interior looks nice in some of the other available colors. After owning my 450h for over two years, I think I would be just as happy with several of the other colors that are offered.
Old 12-29-12, 01:38 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Default Update

I called my dealer today regarding the out of state RX. That vehicle was already spoken for as the customer had special ordered the car 6 months ago. What I still don't understand is why this vehicle showed up on Cars.com and the dealer group's website (not their Lexus site though). Also, the off-the-line date on the car is April '12. Where has this car been this entire time? I called the out of state dealer just to check on the availability and they told me the same thing they told my dealer.

The next step is for my local dealer to put in a request for the combination we want on Wednesday. As far as choosing a second color, I realize this increases our chances of getting a vehicle, but if there is a chance we can get exactly what she wants it will be worth the wait. That being said, let's see how long the wait may be.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)

Last edited by FamilyRX; 12-29-12 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 01-04-13, 04:57 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Default Update 1/3/12

Not much of an update. I stopped by the dealer today, still no word from the district rep. A check on the computer revealed on 6 Deep Sea Mica RXs available in a 2500 mile search radius, only one with a light grey interior located in Colorado.

I will check back with them on Wednesday when they get their February allotment listings.

Wish us luck. The wife is losing hope.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 01-04-13, 07:55 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FamilyRX
I called my dealer today regarding the out of state RX. That vehicle was already spoken for as the customer had special ordered the car 6 months ago. What I still don't understand is why this vehicle showed up on Cars.com and the dealer group's website (not their Lexus site though). Also, the off-the-line date on the car is April '12. Where has this car been this entire time? I called the out of state dealer just to check on the availability and they told me the same thing they told my dealer.

The next step is for my local dealer to put in a request for the combination we want on Wednesday. As far as choosing a second color, I realize this increases our chances of getting a vehicle, but if there is a chance we can get exactly what she wants it will be worth the wait. That being said, let's see how long the wait may be.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
We had the same thing happen to us back in July. An out of state dealer had a 2013 450h AWD deep sea mica listed on their inventory list, as well as cars.com showing they had one. We had been searching all over to find one to make sure we liked the color, so decided to drive there, as we were traveling around the country anyway. Once there, they did not have it ,and we never did find out what happened to it, or why it was on their inventory list. We gave up, so decided to at least get a trade in offer for our 2010 to see how it compared to a previous trade in offer we already had from another dealer. Long story short, the internet sales lady we had been trying to locate the deep sea mica with gave us an excellent discount, at the time, for a Nebula Gray Pearl with all the options we wanted including HUD. She then came in with a lower trade in value, but matched the excellent previous trade in offer we obtained a few weeks earlier, as well as switched the tires to Michelins and a couple other perks. We are very happy with how it all turned out, and the odd thing is we still have not seen a deep sea mica.

Quick Reply: Possible Color Combination '13 RX450h