RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

My Lightly Customized F-Sport w Carbon Fiber Wrap - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 09:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Congrats Shaolin! Nice color Glad you went for it. Enjoy your ride.

If you read this, do me a favor and post in the F-Sport roll-call thread at the top of the forum so we keep track of the F-Sport family. Thanks!
Old 01-28-13, 09:42 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats Shaolin! Nice color Glad you went for it. Enjoy your ride.

If you read this, do me a favor and post in the F-Sport roll-call thread at the top of the forum so we keep track of the F-Sport family. Thanks!
Wife and I wanted the white originally but something happened at the dealer. One of the sales guy forgot to close the moonroof and the car got rained on....so i say f no.

Anyway, we're so so with another silver car and the sales guy check and say...we actually just got a nebula grey, 2 miles, pull in 2 days ago that wasn't really updated the inventory. Since my original pick was nebula grey isf, didn't get it, so i end up getting the nebula. anway...

btw, so where did you get the f badge in the trunk? i also need the leather key protection - not sure why '13 they stop giving those out for free. talk about service for returning customer...
Old 05-17-13, 12:15 PM
polechange
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wax or DuraGloss polymer?

The shine on your clear coat is amazing! What did you use and how often did you apply? I have used DuraGloss Clear Coat Protectant and really like the new polymers, but carnuba waxes I have used as well. Please share and did you use a machine to buff? Looks great!
I would do the same but my RX has the sensors for parking assist and cannot cover the bumper due to the small circle sensors.
Old 05-17-13, 12:20 PM
polechange
Driver School Candidate

Just to share...I just applied fog light lens covers as my retired car, a 2000 Audi had a road rock crack the fog light lens..... and they are expensive to replace!
This company "lamin-x" has amazing easy to apply plastics with great optical clarity and fast delivery!
I got the thick 40 mil clear ones!
The 2012 product fits perfect, just trimmed a little with exacto knife and easy:
http://www.lamin-x.com/Lexus-RX-2010-to-2012-s/1193.htm
Old 05-17-13, 12:28 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Very nice. I was never a fan of these types of mods either, but you have me rethinking it. Especially the front bumper
Old 05-17-13, 01:54 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

They've been on my 2010 RXh fogs for nearly 3.5 years now. No issues with discoloration or anything. Have they saved a lens ??? Can't say they haven't, but neither have been chipped or cracked . The fog lens's in my Acura coupe from years ago found every flying piece of debris on the road with consistency.
Originally Posted by viperdoc
I agree. Very nice. I was never a fan of these types of mods either, but you have me rethinking it. Especially the front bumper
Old 05-18-13, 10:19 AM
Mweuch
Driver School Candidate

Just got a 2010 CPO last week and where can I get custom kit for the RX as far as front bumber, grill and things like that? I am very new to Lexus! Also is it a good idea to put alarm in the RX or the stock alarm is just fine? Thanks and am glad I find this forum Ive been reading alot of helpful info on here these past few days. Thank you all!

Johnny
Old 05-19-13, 10:18 PM
RoverBoi88
Pole Position

wow!!!! def amazed!!! got me thinking of doing that to my RX! gotta have the guy come out, do the clear bra, then insert that carbon fiber. should be sexy on Matador Red!!!
Old 04-22-14, 09:07 AM
viperdoc
Pole Position

I finally bit the bullet and had the middle section of the bumper vinyl wrapped in a matte black (thanks to corrado for the inspiration). I think that on my car, with it being the claret mica, it looks better than the carbon fiber would, since now it matches the lower lip. I was able to paint the outer rings of the sensors black to match....but I haven't done anything to the actual sensor part which is still the red color. I am worried that if i tried to paint them they will stop working. And I don't feel like paying another 80$ for black replacement sensorts (and that's from ebay!). Has anyone painted their sensors and had them still work? I may just have to try and give one a very light coat of paint and see what happens. I also had to use matte black plugs in the front to cover the holes left by the morons at the dealership when they screwed the license plate bracket into the bumper....but I think it looks better with out the license plate there.
Attached Thumbnails My Lightly Customized F-Sport w Carbon Fiber Wrap - Pics-vinyl.jpg  
Old 04-22-14, 09:58 AM
wallykeys
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally bit the bullet and had the middle section of the bumper vinyl wrapped in a matte black (thanks to corrado for the inspiration). I think that on my car, with it being the claret mica, it looks better than the carbon fiber would, since now it matches the lower lip. I was able to paint the outer rings of the sensors black to match....but I haven't done anything to the actual sensor part which is still the red color. I am worried that if i tried to paint them they will stop working. And I don't feel like paying another 80$ for black replacement sensorts (and that's from ebay!). Has anyone painted their sensors and had them still work? I may just have to try and give one a very light coat of paint and see what happens. I also had to use matte black plugs in the front to cover the holes left by the morons at the dealership when they screwed the license plate bracket into the bumper....but I think it looks better with out the license plate there.
Looks good viperdoc! Perhaps you might want to try using "Plasti dip" to cover the sensors. If the sensors stop working, you can just peel the plasti dip off with no ill effects to the sensors. I would think the sensors would work fine since they're already painted!
Old 04-22-14, 10:28 AM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Hmmmm....I hadn't thought of that. It's a nice option since you could just peel it off. I may give that a try. Thanks!
Old 04-22-14, 11:06 AM
wallykeys
Rookie

Hmmmm....I hadn't thought of that. It's a nice option since you could just peel it off. I may give that a try. Thanks!
Love the "Plasti Dip"!
Old 04-22-14, 11:26 AM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Holy Cow! I just watched a few youtube videos...amazing stuff. I wish I knew about that before I paid the $40 to have the vinyl done.....oh well. It looks like it will work great on the sensors....I found a forum where a bunch of folks used it on parking sensors with success. I may also use it to black out my roof rails on my car. I actually use the roof rails in the winter for skiing so I don't want to remove them, but I hate that they are silver. Thanks so much for the heads up!
Old 04-22-14, 12:19 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

I don't know if you would have liked the end result had you used the PD on the bumper viperdoc. Vinyl will always look much better than PD IMOP! I think the PD will work just fine on the rails!
Old 04-22-14, 12:23 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Yes, I must say I do like the smoothness of the vinyl. Hopefully it will hold up to road debris.

Quick Reply: My Lightly Customized F-Sport w Carbon Fiber Wrap - Pics