RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New to me 2014 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-22, 07:05 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Default New to me 2014 F-sport

Hey guys i recently purchased a 2014 f-sport and I'm already planning on some mods. The car is not here yet but will be in a few days.

First thing first i want to get good all weather mats is weather tech the way to go?

What are the options for a remote start? Is OEM an option or go aftermarket?

Led door sills...i had these in my ISF and i have them in my 2007 rx350. Do these come with it? If not anything plug and play?

I have lighting mods planned for the exterior but i know what i want for that.

I'll be doing fluid changes spring time along with maintenance if it needs anything.

Tia
Old 02-10-22, 07:40 PM
MattRX
Racer

Received 716 Likes on 516 Posts

There are some threads of doing the lighted door sills. I never put them in my car, but it is indeed pre-wired for them if you check underneath (2014 F-Sport).

I have the WT in my 2002 Highlander and they are great, pretty good fit and they have held up well over the years

Knowing you had an IS-F, definitely get Bilstein B6 front struts and rear shocks, it makes the car handle better while making it more comfortable at the same time. Fronts come from a 2010-2013 Highlander and the rears from a 2014-2019.
The following users liked this post:
FinLIFE (02-11-22)
Old 02-11-22, 05:09 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

Mats are more of a personal preference and there are many different ones available. I have had WT but prefer 3D Maxpider floor liners. They have a more finished, less industrial look to them compared to WT.

I agree on changing the struts & shocks to Bilstein B6 to improve ride and handling. There are other threads with the parts numbers, or look them up on Rock Auto etc, although inventory may be low.

Research Remote Start as there are threads on it, even on the first page of this forum, same with lighted door sills. Just look down.

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...MaAgfDEALw_wcB
FinLIFE (02-11-22)
Old 02-11-22, 06:29 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 385 Likes on 305 Posts

Some folks prefer Husky floor mats over Weather Tech. Husky may be a better financial deal as well. Might want to check them out.
FinLIFE (02-11-22)
Old 02-11-22, 07:49 AM
smknkeyz
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I like my weather techs, but I'm sure there are others on the market just as good by now. I added factory mud flaps to my f sport. Black paint was getting dirty too quick without them. Tow hitch was another quick and useful add-on, I went with a curt. I'm one of the few that LOVES the handling on my F-sport stock suspension, and just finished a full refresh with factory f sport struts/shocks all around after rolling 170k miles on mine. I had already done the rears at 90k, but fronts were still original. I found a front brake rotor/pad upgrade helped a lot as well. Stay vigilant on ALL fluid changes, trans/transfer/diff ect. Good luck and enjoy the new ride!
FinLIFE (02-11-22)
Old 03-03-22, 06:45 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Got the car and have driven it a decent amount now. It has the OEM remote start installed which is cool and saves me some money. Also came with a hitch. I'm getting window tints done this weekend and I'll start on lighting mods when it gets warmer here. Does anyone know the part numbers for the led door sills? Both blue and white ?
Old 03-03-22, 02:10 PM
mtlrx
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

in black with white LED
L 67920-OE030-CO
R 67910-OE030-CO
double check and you know you are old when you can't read your own writing, verify O vs 0
I wanted these but just decided for the dealer price, I could use other things more. They are not cheap!
Old 03-03-22, 05:51 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Wow...about $240-250 each. I think I'll wait to find some used ones. Wish I still had my employee discount at Lexus.
Old 03-04-22, 02:50 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 201 Likes on 133 Posts

Yup I initially wanted these until I saw the price. It appears when the truck was newer they made knockoff versions that they sold on alibaba for a reasonable price. Even for the gen6 RX the oem ones could be had cheaper than the gen 5. I’m assuming they weren’t huge sellers as at least in the states RX owners aren’t the biggest modders.
Old 03-17-22, 01:15 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

https://lexusboutique.net
about 500 shipped. when i called the dealer it was almost 300 each. I don't know if i want to spend that much on something like that. I'm planning to install ambient lightening and maybe a starlight headliner
Old 03-19-22, 09:36 AM
toyotaguy2
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bilstein B6 shocks and RS-R lowering springs.
Old 03-20-22, 07:09 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

Never heard of RS-R until seeing the above post. They are a Japanese company that makes lowering springs and coilovers for many different vehicles.
Have you installed the lowering springs? If so, how does it drive and please post photos. How much did it really lower your RX?

https://www.rs-r.com/about-us/
Old 12-06-22, 10:42 AM
GknowFotos
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaguy2
Bilstein B6 shocks and RS-R lowering springs.
Any feedback on how your experience with this setup? I just did mine and so far, not happy at all.
Old 12-06-22, 10:44 AM
toyotaguy2
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GknowFotos
Any feedback on how your experience with this setup? I just did mine and so far, not happy at all.
Hello. I like the setup. Not too harsh for me. What don't you like about it?
Old 12-06-22, 11:49 AM
GknowFotos
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaguy2
Hello. I like the setup. Not too harsh for me. What don't you like about it?
First off, I need to go back and double check everything because i have lots of noise. Thumping up front as if strut mounts or strut bolt were loose, even tho i double checked them and retorqued. Also got something knocking out back as well. I replaced the strut mounts with KYBs and wondering if this is the culprit.

The ride itself feels much bouncier than i would have expected as well. I didn't clock my bushings and will be doing so, in hopes this might help.

Just to clarify, I've swapped suspension in literally ever car I've owned so I'm not new to lowered suspension.

By the way, mind sharing a profile pic of how yours sits?

Quick Reply: New to me 2014 F-sport