RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pre-Paid Maintenance Refund Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-12, 01:07 PM
DMC9114
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Paid Maintenance Refund Issue

So, shortly after purchasing my RX350 in early June of this year, I had notified the dealership’s finance dept (SOUTHBAY LEXUS) via email to cancel the Pre-Paid Maintenance that I had purchased with the vehicle. I sent my first email to them, not 10 days after bringing the car home and two subsequent follow up emails to which the dealership responded back each time with a confirmation that this request was processed. Moreover, they claimed that it usually takes anywhere from 30-90 days for refunds to process and once this happens, the refund amount will get deducted from the total loan amount.

Even after 90 days, my statement did not reflect any deductions from the total loan amount, thus I decided to directly contact Lexus Financial Services for verification. To my surprise, I was told that the request was never submitted by SOUTHBAY LEXUS… I also learned that a Request for Cancellation requires my signature and this was never request by the dealership.

I sent them an email (for documentation purposes) last week asking for an explanation- email was sent to the finance officer that I was dealing with, and the Fleet Manager was also copied. I still have not heard back from them. No explanation, no apologies, no nothing.

I would appreciate it if you guys can shed some light on how you would handle this situation.
Old 09-21-12, 09:49 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota/lexus financial will have nothing to do with this. Your dealer needs to initiate the cancel. As far as signature for the request of cancel I'm not sure. I did not have to sign anything. So what else did Lexus fiancial told you to do? I had to get the dealer and toyota financial both on the phone on a conference call to get this straighten out.

You need to stop sending emails and go up to the dealer to get it resolved. I'm unsure maybe if you're doing this is because the dealer is too far away??
Old 09-21-12, 11:20 AM
StLucchese
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, enough about courtesy emails. Even if you had documented everything you still need to demand a meeting with those who were involveed. I can see why nobody does not want to be liable and not give you a courtesy reply. In the meantime you can contact Lexus CORPORATE tell them your experience, especially about the finace manager.

You have the proof, so you should be alright, but give corporate a call and please schedule a meeting in person. If the managers are hesitate to do so, try to contact the owners of southbay lexus. good luck and update us

As hearing more of these kind stories about stealership practices, you must be prepared for the worst. All big businesses are cutting corners to save, their lacking on the customer service level
Old 09-22-12, 01:09 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just go the dealership and formally cancel the coverage. Usually the Finance Manager that did your purchase contract will handle the paperwork.