RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2012 RX450H Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-12, 03:42 PM
rs2402
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 RX450H Bluetooth issue

I am new to this forum. I tried searching the forum for the Bluetooth issue I am having but I couldn't find it so I am starting the new thread. I have 2012 RX450H and whenever I switch between AM,FM. SAT, and BT , Bluetooth disconnects and you have to manually connect it again, which is very annoying . I tried this with iPhone3GS, 4 and 4S and all seem to have same problem. Did anyone else experience the same issue or know of any fix for this?
Old 04-28-12, 04:05 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a droid so not that familiar with the iPhone's. But did you use the book and go through the whole pairing routine with the phone and the car? I do have an iPod in the console playing it's heart out with music .
Originally Posted by rs2402
I am new to this forum. I tried searching the forum for the Bluetooth issue I am having but I couldn't find it so I am starting the new thread. I have 2012 RX450H and whenever I switch between AM,FM. SAT, and BT , Bluetooth disconnects and you have to manually connect it again, which is very annoying . I tried this with iPhone3GS, 4 and 4S and all seem to have same problem. Did anyone else experience the same issue or know of any fix for this?
Old 04-28-12, 05:00 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I can tell you my story and you can decide if there is a similarity....just bought 2012 RX 350 (no navi)...at the dealer, their "expert" try to do the BlueTooh thing with my wife and I in the car and this is what happened....we paired both of our phones, mine is a simple one but my wife's is an IPhone 4 ssoooo...the system will "connect" only one device at a time it makes sense, but here is the kicker...the "expert" said to my wife...."and you can have your music connected also" and he demonstrate it but guess what happend ...when she tried to use the phone it showed "no connected" and neither was mine.
In other words only one "device" at a time, further more we are both out of the car and we both get in, who ever was "connected" before gets reconnected again.
If it was my wife and she is not anywhere near..lets say in another continent (far away enough?) and I get in even if my phone is paired and in the system it will not "connect" automatically I will have to "connect" it manually......when my wife returns from the "other continent" she will have to manually "connect" her phone and at this point decide if she wants to call someone or listen to music....get my drift?...<S>
Lexus says that "the system will ask youwhich phone you will want to use when detecting the presence of both phones"...guess what?...NOT TRUE and they accepted it even thou it is in writing that it should be the other way...
I ahve learned, in my short life with Lexus, that my wife's phone will always be connect since she is the one using the RX most of the time and if she wants her music she will physiclly (wire) connect to the radio...
I know it was long but I hope it helps...good luck
Old 04-28-12, 07:01 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

In my 450 the first phone that enters the car is paired automatically with the phone. My sons Ipod 4 is paired as the music player. I can connect mine but have to tell it to do so at which time it will stay that way until changed again. If he enters the car first the phone will pair with his phone.

We normally run my phone as phone and his phone as a BT music player. No issue at all doing that.
Old 04-29-12, 07:25 AM
rs2402
Driver School Candidate

Pairing between 2 phones is also pain ,I am the only one who drives most of times so I have learned to live with that ..My main issue is switching between AM,FM,SAT and BT.

Let's say you are listening the music using Bluetooth and tune to AM or FM to listen to any radio station.. If you switch back to Bluetooth you have to manually connect it.
Old 04-29-12, 08:17 AM
f152tall
Driver School Candidate

Pairing between 2 phones is also pain ,I am the only one who drives most of times so I have learned to live with that ..My main issue is switching between AM,FM,SAT and BT.

Let's say you are listening the music using Bluetooth and tune to AM or FM to listen to any radio station.. If you switch back to Bluetooth you have to manually connect it.
I hope they come out with firmware at some point. That just seems painful.
Old 04-30-12, 09:26 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems with mine, 4 nor 4s. Both running IOS 5.01.
Old 05-01-12, 09:40 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Ahhhh, bluetooth so convenient, yet such a pain. Yes I agree reselecting the phone after switching to AM, FM, or SAT is a hassle.

However, the auto selecting the cellphone works just fine. We have other types of problems like this: My wife is talking on her phone in the house and I fire up the RX in the driveway and the RX "steals" the conversation and I'm talking to her called party. Or, her car loves to steal conversations. I'm on the phone in my car and she starts her car and her car steals the conversation and she's talking to my called party. It all depends who is in range, which phone has bluetooth turned on and which car is running at the time. Works flawlessly, although you need to refine your definition of flawless sometimes.
Old 05-01-12, 04:14 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

I am sorry I just tried to get the system to do as you are talking about and could not. I could go from AM,FM!,FM2, SAT,CD,USB to Bluetooth and back and forth with out any problems. My phone has both of our 2011 Lexus 450h and our 2010 Camry XLE set up for both phone and BT audio. When I set up the BT for the cars I did change the default names of the devices to Lexus and Camry but other than that it works fine. If we get in a car and one of us does not have a phone then the system will go out and set up on the phone that is there. I have to reset up my phone after I had to get another one before. I just go in and removed the phone and set it up again by the book get it to pair to the car download the contracts set up the speed dials and then set up the BT player after I turned to car off and let it find the phone to make sure all of that worked the way that it should. So to those that are having a time with it try deleteing all your phones out of the systems and the set them up one at a time turning the car off and back on each time to make sure it is working the way you need it to. Our phones are a Iphone 3g and a Atrix 4g .
Old 05-01-12, 07:49 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

How do you have it set to look for your player ? from phone or car? This is in the set up section on the nav screen. when going from radio to BP player on the ipone there is a pause before it starts playing. On the Atrix it goes right back to the beginning of the song that was playing before the switch. Now if you have a car without the Nav in it I do not know if it is set up the same or not so some else might have to help you with that.
Old 05-04-12, 09:28 AM
bmwhd
Driver School Candidate

We have 3 BT phones (iPhone 4, 4S, and Samsung Infuse) that all paired and re-connect flawlessly when they enter the car. We have also streamed music via BT but tend to use the USB connection as the GUI has more features. No issues with selecting BT from AM/FM/etc.

The only problem I've seen is that the USB connection sometimes get's confused if you've been using Pandora or Wunderradio on the iPhone prior to connecting the cable. I've had to disconnect/reconnect a couple of times to get it to connect to the iPod app.

This is on a 2012 and the iPhones are running 5.01 and 5.1 respectively. Not sure what the Infuse is running.
Old 05-09-12, 10:25 AM
rs2402
Driver School Candidate

I have set to look for the car. I went to local dealer and they were able to reproduce the issue but they don't have a fix for it.
Old 05-09-12, 01:20 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

you have the phones set to look for car, is this right? then what do you have the car set for?
Old 05-09-12, 04:41 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

...my bluetooth issue is that the 2 phones that I have paired (wife's and mine) do not get connected automatically when we enter the car (the that always stays connected is my wife's)..in other words the system will keep only one connecetd all the time, if I want change phones I will have to "connect' which ever I want to connect....so I never connect my phone since my wife is the one that drives most of the time...I do not have navigation...and it is a 350
Old 05-09-12, 05:26 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Both my Camry XLE and my 450h have nav in them. If both phones are in the car it allways picks up the last phone used. If one of us gets into the other car with only one phone the car will pick that one

Quick Reply: 2012 RX450H Bluetooth issue