RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Show me your phone mount

Old 08-17-12, 11:07 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I use the same thing. New EVO fits perfectly. Also will keep a bottle of water ice cold
Originally Posted by davezaristo
the cupholder on the left of the steering wheel below the vent fits my iphone perfectly.
Old 04-14-13, 03:37 PM
rnlove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best phone mount for iPhone 5 on RX450H?

Anyone have a recommendation for the best car phone mount for an iPhone 5 in a RX450H? I'd like it to stay close to the center console for easy charging, but don't want to use the cupholder. I also want to be able to access it for my music. Thanks!
Old 04-14-13, 06:57 PM
rsutoratos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just recently got this because I dont use the CD player at all..

It expands up and down so it never hits inside the slot. The screw is a bit long, im gonna machine it down. Its hard to see, ill take a pic tomorrow. Also looking to replace it with an allen screw so i dont have that big **** blocking the "cd" button below

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount (Black): GPS & Navigation Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount (Black): GPS & Navigation
Old 04-15-13, 09:02 AM
Ciege
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up with a mount and holder from ProClipUSA. A bit on the pricey side, but I like it. I got the Left Mount that mounts on the drivers side A-Pillar and a universal mount so I can put in any cell phone I want. I then got a pretty long USB cord that plugs into a charger in the "cavern" and strung discretely under the drivers column and up the weather seal of the door. All nice and hidden. I can see and use my phone for playing my music quite easily there.

I did try the center mount, but I didn't like it there in the middle of everything. They also have a console mount that sounds like what you are looking for.
Old 03-29-15, 05:30 PM
Bobroob
Driver School Candidate

After having tried the Blue Smile mount and finding that there's not a real good place on the RX to mount it and, what's worse, it didn't stick when I did mount it, I tried the Mountek that screws into the CD player. It works quite well. It's important in NYC to not set the phone in a tray because if you grab it, even when at a stop light, the NYPD will drop down from trees and streetlamps, ticket pads in hand, to write you an "electronic device" citation. Best to have the phone mounted somewhere in the cabin.
Old 03-30-15, 08:10 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

I know this doesn't pertain to the OP's situation with his/her phone, but I use my iPhone 6 for Siri directions frequently, so after Siri starts, I put the phone into the cup holder with the speakers facing DOWN. I found out this amplifies the sound significantly, not that it needs it, speakers UP sounds ok too. BTW, I switched Siri to a male voice. Far less irritating, for me anyway. If you want to try this, the change is available in "settings".
Happy Motoring. Ray A.
Old 03-30-15, 10:29 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts

We have the Pro Clip; had one in our 2009 and just ordered the mounting base for the 2015 while re-using the phone mount section. We put it in the center of the dash, a little towards the passenger. That way the driver can see the screen and the phone. It's closer to the charger plug in point as well. Wife uses it religiously; we both have Samsung S5's and can slip either one of them into the holder.
Old 03-31-15, 08:33 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default I use the Mophie Juice Pack Plus and the Juice Pack Car Dock

Originally Posted by rnlove
Anyone have a recommendation for the best car phone mount for an iPhone 5 in a RX450H? I'd like it to stay close to the center console for easy charging, but don't want to use the cupholder. I also want to be able to access it for my music. Thanks!
Check out: http://www.mophie.com/shop/juice-pack-car-dock-iphone-5

The Juice Pack Plus adds 2.1 amps of additional battery; the Car Dock sticks to the window securely; and one of the best features is that the phone snaps in quickly - and while it powers the phone from the car's 12v, Siri answers me thru the car's stereo in resopnse to my "hey Siri" queries.

It is actually easier/faster than the Nav unit's text to speech.

I can say "Hey, Siri - Read texts" - and she'll read them to me - totally hands-free.

And I can initiate a text to my wife - again, hands-free, by simply saying "Hey, Siri - send text to Princess".

I also say "Hey, Siri - Launch Waze" - or "Hey, Siri - What's the time?" - or, "Hey, Siri - What's on my calendar?" - or "Hey, Siri - Call Princess", etc.

I use this on my 2013 RXh w/Nav. Audio in is via the car's overhead microphone; and audio out is thru the car's audio system. Connection with the phone is bia Bluetooth. I can actually even make the command even if the radio is playing - although I usually just push the radio button off during the process.

Works stellar.

Last edited by NateJG; 07-10-16 at 01:28 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-01-15, 07:14 PM
plusONEran
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have the kuda mount?
Old 04-19-15, 07:55 AM
ExoticGarn
Driver School Candidate

You have got to check out the imagnet. I think it's pretty sleek and so easy to use.

Old 04-20-15, 11:49 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by NateJG
Check out: http://www.mophie.com/shop/juice-pack-car-dock-iphone-5

The Juice Pack Plus adds 2.1 amps of additional battery; the Car Dock sticks to the window securely; and one of the best features is that the phone snaps in quickly - and while it powers the phone from the car's 12v, Siri answers me thru the car's stereo in resopnse to my "hey Siri" queries.

It is actually easier/faster than the Nav unit's text to speech.

I can say "Hey, Siri - Read texts" - and she'll read them to me - totally hands-free.

And I can initiate a text to my wife - again, hands-free, by simply saying "Hey, Siri - send text to Princess".

I also say "Hey, Siri - Launch Waze" - or "Hey, Siri - What's the time?" - or, "Hey, Siri - What's on my calendar?" - or "Hey, Siri - Call Princess", etc.

I use this on my 2013 RXh w/Nav. Audio in is via the car's overhead microphone; and audio out is thru the car's audio system. Connection with the phone is bia Bluetooth. I can actually even make the command even if the radio is playing - although I usually just push the radio button off during the process.

Works stellar.
This is quite nice. I have a Mohpie Juice Pack for my iPhone5. I plan to get a 6 soon, as I'm eligible to upgrade after 7/1. I might consider this mount, but it's too soon. I still have to pick up my new, to me, RX450H.
Old 04-20-15, 04:36 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm more than happy with them all (450h, Juicepack, dash mount); and even use the desk mount on the table next to my bed.

I've had my 5s since last September; and with the cost of all of the accessories plus the fact that the 5s works well on iOS 8.3, I am in no hurry to upgrade.

BTW, both mounts are very one-hand-use - with the dash/glass mount very secure (wouldn't trust on a motorcycle) and yet very easy to one-hand install/remove the phone.

Mophie has not yet (as of a couple weeks ago) released a dash mount for the 6.
The following users liked this post:
charliecla (08-30-22)
Old 04-20-15, 04:48 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by NateJG
I'm more than happy with them all (450h, Juicepack, dash mount); and even use the desk mount on the table next to my bed.

I've had my 5s since last September; and with the cost of all of the accessories plus the fact that the 5s works well on iOS 8.3, I am in no hurry to upgrade.

BTW, both mounts are very one-hand-use - with the dash/glass mount very secure (wouldn't trust on a motorcycle) and yet very easy to one-hand install/remove the phone.

Mophie has not yet (as of a couple weeks ago) released a dash mount for the 6.
I need a bigger screen and more room for my fat fingers. Desk mount I hadn't heard of. I like the sound of that too. You're killing me here LOL
Old 04-21-15, 07:16 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

i'm also vote for the left cupholder for my cell phone mount
Old 04-29-15, 01:33 PM
nuphan
Driver School Candidate

Default Iottie easy flex 3

This one sticks to the dash pretty well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show me your phone mount