RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Picked up the 2013 RX F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-12, 05:12 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! They both look beautiful! It appears the wheels on the F-Sport have more of a smoked-out look compared to the wheels on the F-Sport appearance package?? I've only seen F-Sport appearance packaged RX's on my dealer's lot so far, and they don't have the darker look to the wheel, even though it's the same wheel.
Old 08-16-12, 12:09 PM
Magnussen
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EMSLEXUSRX
Wow! They both look beautiful! It appears the wheels on the F-Sport have more of a smoked-out look compared to the wheels on the F-Sport appearance package?? I've only seen F-Sport appearance packaged RX's on my dealer's lot so far, and they don't have the darker look to the wheel, even though it's the same wheel.
Wheels are darker on the F-Sport RX then on the appearance package.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110910858293...witem=&vxp=mtr
Old 08-16-12, 01:17 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F-Sport in black definitely looks better than the silver even though I like regular silver and white RX.

I wonder how much he paid otd...
Old 08-19-12, 12:46 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats!
Old 08-19-12, 03:04 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good. I would actually get one if they only came with a lighter color interior. I would love to have the 8 speed auto.
Old 08-20-12, 06:58 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

how's the shifting on this 8speed? Does it lag at all?
Old 08-20-12, 07:04 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
how's the shifting on this 8speed? Does it lag at all?
This. I HATE the way my '10 shifts.
Old 08-20-12, 09:10 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by panyo64
This. I HATE the way my '10 shifts.
they had a 8 gear tranny in MY10? I know I hate MY06 IS's paddle shifting as it lags and lags.

I hope the owner with this RX-F sport can rejustify....the betterness.....
Old 08-20-12, 12:02 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, been pretty busy at work, but to answer some of your questions:

- I got $1,100 off MSRP of ~$52,144. I didn't expect much discount, if any, especially for buying the first RX-FSport in the Northwest. Tax here @ close to 10% is what really kills you.

- Overall, I'm glad I waited for the F-Sport instead of picking up the regular 350. I'll need more time with it before I can give some in depth reviews on it.

-The 8speed is fairly smooth during normal driving conditions as it should be, but it's noticeably quicker than the 2012 RX loaner I drove when I had some things added to my F-Sport. I'm not sure what you mean by lag, but I don't notice any lag when downshifting via the paddles or the shift gate.

Of course, this is just from my experience, but you'll have to test drive one yourself to get a better feel of what it can or can not do.
Old 08-20-12, 01:06 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dai Ca GQ
Sorry, been pretty busy at work, but to answer some of your questions:

- I got $1,100 off MSRP of ~$52,144. I didn't expect much discount, if any, especially for buying the first RX-FSport in the Northwest. Tax here @ close to 10% is what really kills you.

- Overall, I'm glad I waited for the F-Sport instead of picking up the regular 350. I'll need more time with it before I can give some in depth reviews on it.

-The 8speed is fairly smooth during normal driving conditions as it should be, but it's noticeably quicker than the 2012 RX loaner I drove when I had some things added to my F-Sport. I'm not sure what you mean by lag, but I don't notice any lag when downshifting via the paddles or the shift gate.

Of course, this is just from my experience, but you'll have to test drive one yourself to get a better feel of what it can or can not do.
enough said! I will test one when i am able to locate one. Thanks!
Old 08-20-12, 04:46 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

Originally Posted by shaolin
enough said! I will test one when i am able to locate one. Thanks!
I think you'll like the F-Sport better. Much more aggressive look that kind of differentiate yourself from the loads of RXs out there. It's the little things that is an F-Sport only really stands out to me.

-8 speed transmission
-Black interior with contrast stitching
-Black headliner
-F-Sport badges on the fendors and Steering
-F-Sport tuned suspension (You can notice the difference on this compared to the 350)
-Dark graphite wheels
-Navigation/Enform system (this is not exclusive to the F-Sport, but it's a BIG improvement from the previous years)

More F-Sports should be coming in at this time and you shouldn't have a problem in California since AWD vehicles are not as high demand as up here in the Northwest.

I think the biggest question is how much of a price difference it will be between a similarly equipped RX350 vs. the F-Sport. If you were to get one now, do it before the "Golden Opportunity" event ends because I got 1.9% apr financing on mine.
Old 08-21-12, 03:19 PM
dknn
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dai Ca GQ
I think you'll like the F-Sport better. Much more aggressive look that kind of differentiate yourself from the loads of RXs out there. It's the little things that is an F-Sport only really stands out to me.

-8 speed transmission
-Black interior with contrast stitching
-Black headliner
-F-Sport badges on the fendors and Steering
-F-Sport tuned suspension (You can notice the difference on this compared to the 350)
-Dark graphite wheels
-Navigation/Enform system (this is not exclusive to the F-Sport, but it's a BIG improvement from the previous years)

More F-Sports should be coming in at this time and you shouldn't have a problem in California since AWD vehicles are not as high demand as up here in the Northwest.

I think the biggest question is how much of a price difference it will be between a similarly equipped RX350 vs. the F-Sport. If you were to get one now, do it before the "Golden Opportunity" event ends because I got 1.9% apr financing on mine.
Thanks for the input. I've been waiting for the F-Sport. PenFed has 1.49 rates up to 60 months and NavyFCU is 1.79 up to 60 months
Old 08-25-12, 07:50 AM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Is the F sport suspension harsher on bumpy roads? I would expect it to corner better, but curious as to how it feels on uneven pavement driving down a freeway. I had a "sport tuned suspension" once and it rattled my kidneys on some freeways.
Old 08-25-12, 12:14 PM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Fsport color--red

Really looks fantastic in person.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up the 2013 RX F-Sport-rx-fsport-207.jpg  
Old 08-25-12, 02:04 PM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

clexusking, thanks for the red (Claret Mica) example. That's the first in person shot I've seen of that color. I remain partial to the prior years' Matador Red but I can see the appeal of this new shade.

My incoming 450h (still wish they offered the 450h F Sport in NA) will be Stargazer Black. The dealer has a VIN showing up in the system so it's built. Now I'm waiting on the shipment from Japan....

Quick Reply: Picked up the 2013 RX F-Sport