RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What freebies/extras can i request my sales person?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-12, 06:24 PM
SAPNY
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What freebies/extras can i request my sales person?

I just purchased a new rx 350 CPO and am wondering what extra freebies i can request?
I thought abt rubber mats and the leather cover for the key
Thanks for any advise
Old 07-25-12, 06:53 PM
Jonrx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got these at time of purchase: front windows tint, chrome doors pillar, side door moldings or protector, pinstripe done by hand, michelin tires swap, roof racks. GL.

Make sure they write them down.
Old 07-25-12, 07:24 PM
SAPNY
Rookie

i bought a pre-certified car (not brand new) 12k miles for $32000 (without tax)
do you think they will do all of this work?
They said they will vacuum and polish as they have already buffered everything
Old 07-25-12, 07:27 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

If you've already purchased the vehicle you probably have missed the opportunity to ask for extras. The time to get these things is during the buying process.
Old 07-25-12, 07:30 PM
SAPNY
Rookie

Yes i purchased it last night - its my first so i was not aware of what i could ask for? i mean i lowered the money from $34k to $32k and thought and i wanted this car as i liked the color and 12k miles so its under factory warranty for another 2 years - i didnt have to pay for the certification 100kmiles/3 year and im getting extended warranty for 7 yrs

Last edited by SAPNY; 07-25-12 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 08:59 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had it to do again I would get them to throw in an LFA Watch made by Meister from the Parts Dept!! I was too excited about learning about the car to be greedy!!! I iknow some have gotten car covers if they need them or other trinkets from the parts department!!
Old 07-25-12, 09:10 PM
SAPNY
Rookie

hey DCTEX,
i was super excited to find a low mileage car with the colors i liked so i really didnt think of anything at the moment but I will definitely ask about the brand of mats - i did request rubber mats in addition to lexus carpets!!!
for me it was about saving money
Old 07-25-12, 10:22 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SAPNY
hey DCTEX,
i was super excited to find a low mileage car with the colors i liked so i really didnt think of anything at the moment but I will definitely ask about the brand of mats - i did request rubber mats in addition to lexus carpets!!!
for me it was about saving money
Same here; but I would rather get that LFA watch free(cost them a lot less at wholesale on a watch) than pay the $275...tho they offered me 15% off the day I bought the car!!
Old 07-26-12, 04:30 PM
Quatro40
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After you sign the dotted line there is no freebies anymore, always get everything you need before signing off on the deal.
Old 07-26-12, 05:14 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you are happy with your RX and the price you paid. Sometimes you run the risk of making yourself dissatisfied with your purchase when you get negative responses to your request for additional items after you signed your contract. Ask me how I know. Best to enjoy what you have.
Old 07-26-12, 10:54 PM
mrsunny
Driver School Candidate

I got couple of Lexus coffee mugs, key gloves for the remotes, 2 Lexus key chains, luggage net and ofcourse We had to ask for all of those. I actually wanted the cross bars and all weather mats but was shot down by my dealer saying that it was part of a different package and so he made us happy with all these small gifts. It doesn't bother much because he gave me a really good deal on the car!
Old 07-27-12, 12:56 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The key gloves come std with with car ... or at least the 450h. SAPNY, as others have pointed out the negotiating needs to occur as part of the sales process, not afterwards. Having a car you are happy with is the real gift ... congratulations.
Old 07-27-12, 08:25 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UCSB
The key gloves come std with with car ... or at least the 450h. SAPNY, as others have pointed out the negotiating needs to occur as part of the sales process, not afterwards. Having a car you are happy with is the real gift ... congratulations.
on the RX350 the key gloves are part of a package that includes cargo mat, cargo net, & wheel locks for $255; but someone else told me that these are really cheap to the dealer individually supplied by Lexus as "give aways" same with the "medical kit" that one dealer sells on ebay for $10 retail!
Old 07-27-12, 08:40 PM
SAPNY
Rookie

My car has the wheel locks, cargo mats and the net in the trunk
My sales person gave me two leather key covers and lexus keychain (which i didnt want)
I am hoping the sales person gives me all weather mats as I did request them and mentioned I would write a good review (my way of showing appreciation and giving them incentive)
i was happy with the car and price so I didnt really request other things which I will always remember for next time
Im picking up the car tommorow so wish me luck!

Last edited by SAPNY; 07-27-12 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-28-12, 11:54 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Sounds like you got a good deal and are satisfied. The dealer may give you service and goodwill. Sometimes that's worth more than freebies you really didn't need. Tinting in NJ has legal limitations.

Quick Reply: What freebies/extras can i request my sales person?