RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

sirius/xm radio subscription

Old 03-11-13, 12:11 PM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

Thanks for the welcome!

We can now merge your accounts together, so in your case, since you have a radio on the Sirius platform and radio on the XM platform, we can now merge those accounts together, which will help with billing and renewals. As you know, you also receive a multi-radio discount, since you do have multiple accounts with us.

Could you send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks!
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by Ciege
@SiriusXM
Very cool of you to join the discussion, if in fact you are a rep of SiriusXM...

Can you tell us if anyone there with any sort of power understands that with the plethora of different methods for audio streaming that your current charges are just too much? These threads about how to get 50% off probably wouldn't exist (for the most part) as most people seem to find your prices a little outrageous.

I carry several subs, that I can't merge since one is a "Sirius" radio and one is an "XM" radio. I did get a multi radio discount last year on my 2nd sub, but it required talking with someone for several hours to get it taken care of. ANd they still say they can't merge and sync my accounts...
Old 03-11-13, 12:29 PM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

Yes, we can absolutely help with that. Feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, and we'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
Thanks for the good info.I will definitely call to get my three vehicles renewed together. Calling at three different times in the year is nuts.
Old 03-12-13, 09:06 AM
Ciege
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email Sent.
Thanks...

Originally Posted by SiriusXM
Hi there-

Thanks for the welcome!

We can now merge your accounts together, so in your case, since you have a radio on the Sirius platform and radio on the XM platform, we can now merge those accounts together, which will help with billing and renewals. As you know, you also receive a multi-radio discount, since you do have multiple accounts with us.

Could you send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-13, 01:48 PM
ISRocker
Rookie

I just renewed my XM subscription today. They wanted about $180. Had to tell them I wanted to cancel. Sent me to another department where they offered me $86/year. That is about $96 with taxes. I have to do this every year with my IS and my wife's MDX...
Old 04-15-13, 05:18 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I don't even find the programming that good anymore. I think it's too expensive for the quality you get. iPod / pandora are free, better quality, and more selection custom tailored.

Sorry, but Sirius used to be a great value. They simply aren't anymore.
Old 04-15-13, 06:33 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I don't even find the programming that good anymore. I think it's too expensive for the quality you get. iPod / pandora are free, better quality, and more selection custom tailored.

Sorry, but Sirius used to be a great value. They simply aren't anymore.
To much talking on 60s channel among others. Maybe they feel more people like the talking but I don't. That is why I will pass on the $25 for 6 month come back offer I got today. Dorothy
Old 04-16-13, 02:05 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dotbowels
To much talking on 60s channel among others. Maybe they feel more people like the talking but I don't. That is why I will pass on the $25 for 6 month come back offer I got today. Dorothy
Glad I'm not the only one here. It's not just one channel either. They all love to blab about stuff. If I want a talk show, I'll turn to that station. Same reason why I channel surf on FM. People start talking, I start surfing. At least the latter is free.
Old 04-18-13, 06:48 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's always AM if you want talk radio. And it's FREE!
The sound quality is very sub par.
Compare sirius hits 1 vs your local radio FM station ( especially if it's HD broadcast).
Old 04-18-13, 09:49 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Just got the $25 for 6 months deal and I thought about it but then you good people reminded me of all that talk they do so I just put 14GB of music on my phone for my trip and I will keep my $25 and use it for gas money.
Old 04-21-13, 04:33 PM
Trbulnc
Driver School Candidate

Just cancelled my 2 subscriptions I have had since 2004. They didn't offer me lower pricing. Asked the reason and I said pandora was free and I can pick my own music. She cancelled and thanked me. That was it. I thought the music selection had really declined.
Old 04-21-13, 04:51 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

They called me with the 12 month/$100 offer today. I said I already got a 6 month/$25 offer. She said do you want me to reactivate you right now. I said I'm still thinking about it. She said thanks & good bye.

Some of them are real clowns & prob on commission. Dorothy
Old 04-22-13, 04:56 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

However you paid them in the past make sure you let them also know that you do not want Sirius to charge your account.
Old 04-22-13, 05:59 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

As an owner of a new '13 RX hybrid, the quality difference between my Pandora and the XM/Sirius is huge - Pandora is so much clearer and with the fact that I can customize it - that's huge....

The traffice is nice, weather, nice, stocks, okay.... I feel as if Pandora won't just be free music forever though - they'll innovate and I can see them offering the same in the future.
Old 06-12-13, 05:25 PM
qb14
Driver School Candidate

I bought a '13 Hybrid a little over a month ago and the XM reception that I get in my RX is significantly worse than in the '11 CT that it replaced and the aftermarket XM radio in the '03 Civic Hybrid that the CT replaced. The reception in the Civic was great. There were a few spots that had signal loss every day. But very few. The reception in the CT was even better. I got lost signal loss in some of the same locations as the Civic. But not all of them. There were no new places where I would lose signal.

I get far more signal loss in the RX than I have in the past 10 years in the other two cars. Granted the additional dropouts that I get are in tree lined areas. But they are the same tree lined areas that I've driven 2 times a day, 5 days a week for the past 10 years, without getting signal loss in those areas.

Do any other RX owners who have (or previously had) XM in other cars have worse signal loss problems in the RX than they do (or did) in the other cars?

If the problem is unique to me, I'm concerned that this may have problems getting it fixed. I could easily see a repair technician just blame the signal loss on trees.
Old 06-12-13, 05:47 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Signal loss problems in the RX and my Camry were the same, However, we have a lot of trees here on the gulf coast. I do not know if it were the trees or the cars but it was no big lost to me. I never could get into the no commercial and all I would here was them blowing there on horn in a commercial.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sirius/xm radio subscription