RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

sirius/xm radio subscription

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-12, 09:53 AM
the lof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do the one year $91.16 for the year (866-519-7570), it's the half off deal, which replaced the former $77 deal.
Old 12-06-12, 06:56 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if you scroll to the bottom of the following page its 6 mos for $25.......... http://www.siriusxm.com/listen1

had it for 6 mos and before it expired, I called and got 5 more months for $25.
Old 12-07-12, 04:06 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just Another Data Point ...

I just combined my two XM Radio (XM Select) subscriptions onto one account and renewed them for a year. The price was their half off price of approximately $90/year for each radio. I just called the XM Customer Care number and the customer service rep was very cordial and helpful about the whole process. The only thing I did differently this year was to call the Customer Care number and select the cancel my subscription(s) option. I'm very happy about the result because it saved me the cost of one full subscription ... just under $180.

Just a note about combining two (or more) subscriptions. When they combine them they will give you a credit for any remaining days on both subscriptions. The renewal date becomes the new date when both were activated. This makes tracking them in the future more convenient and may give you a little more leverage in negotiating discounts when two subscriptions are up for renewal. They can both be managed from the same online account.

Just wanted to indicate that the half off pricing is still available now in December 2012.

Last edited by UCSB; 12-07-12 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-08-12, 06:33 AM
Hiroslamme
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My XM radio never stopped

My subscription never shut off from the time I purchased my Lexus in May 2009, as well as mom's car she purchased in 2010.
Old 12-08-12, 12:55 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmymagic
My service doesn't expire until August 16 but I got an offer from Sirius yesterday: $39 for 6 months (with automatic renewal at the existing--and higher--rate).
Just tell them not to use your cc and wipe it from their files. They now bill me(I think it costs like a dollar more) for the sevice I want and there's no automatic renewal.
Old 12-08-12, 04:38 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mac12
Just tell them not to use your cc and wipe it from their files. They now bill me(I think it costs like a dollar more) for the sevice I want and there's no automatic renewal.
No automatic renewal for me either. I have them bill me by invoice.
Old 12-08-12, 04:43 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiroslamme
My subscription never shut off from the time I purchased my Lexus in May 2009, as well as mom's car she purchased in 2010.
Are you saying that your free Lexus trial subscriptions never shut off at the end of the trial period? If you signed up and entered your credit card into their system, the subscription will auto renew each year at the normal rate. Is it possible that you have missed the charges on your (or your parents) credit cards? I have also heard of a few dealers that have thrown in lifetime XM subscriptions as a purchase incentive. I believe one of them was in TX. You can check your subscription status online.

Last edited by UCSB; 12-08-12 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-08-12, 10:56 PM
Hiroslamme
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how it occurred, but no charges to my CC or any incentive from dealer. I will admit, I use it very sparingly.
Old 12-09-12, 08:07 AM
jimmymagic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mac12
Thanks. That's what I was planning on doing.
Old 12-12-12, 06:29 AM
saz25
Rookie

Default best deal on SiriusXM

Hi all,
I've been getting great prices on XM, now SiriusXM for several years now. On my Corvette I always paid $77 per year, but only after threatening to drop the service year after year. I would get a renewal bill for approx. $15/month, and then call then back and complain.

Now with my new 2013 Lexus RX350, I did the same thing. When I called to renew, they said that they had a rate that was 12 months for the price of 6 months. So the price would have been $86. I thought about it for a second and said ok. But then when the sales rep summarized the total charges on the bill, it came to over $94, which includes approx. $8 taxes and music royalties. I balked at that.

I told them I would not do it unless they lowered the price to what I had been paying on my Corvette which was $77. They put me on hold and then came back on the line and agreed. So now I am paying $77 plus the fees and taxes. So the total is $84.43. That's it.

I then said that I preferred a paper bill and would not give them my credit card. The main reason is that I don't like their auto-renewal process. I'd prefer to decide on my own whether I want to renew each year. They agreed. I should receive a paper bill within a few days.

Just thought you'd like to know.

SiriusXM is the easiest company to push back on to get reduced rates. Besides their product isn't worth $15 a month. I would never pay that.
Go for it !
Steve

Last edited by saz25; 12-13-12 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-13-12, 02:36 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Just did the same too. They wanted $159 for the year, said I would cancel & got offer of $86 total. No other fees added $86 TOTAL.
Old 12-14-12, 03:36 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xfirechief
Just did the same too. They wanted $159 for the year, said I would cancel & got offer of $86 total. No other fees added $86 TOTAL.
I'm not sure if I think this is price gouging by XM or a case of sharp shopping by the consumer.
Old 12-14-12, 04:12 AM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by DunWkg
I'm not sure if I think this is price gouging by XM or a case of sharp shopping by the consumer.
I'm not sure. All I know is that I would not pay $159/year for their service. I don't think the quality warrants that kind of money.

I have never paid full price for XM. I have paid around $77-$84 per year for about 6 years now on various cars. Every year, just before the expiration date I call them. They always say that they can't give me last years "deal" and that it will now be full price. I say that I would drop the service unless I can get the same rate as I paid last year. They always agree. They may whine a little, but they have always agreed to give me the price I asked for. I first learned about this "process" on a Corvette forum.

Steve

Last edited by saz25; 12-14-12 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-14-12, 10:27 AM
Plumlaker
Driver School Candidate

Does anybody have any experience with being an XM customer(non vehicle) and then getting a new vehicle and transferring the old subscription over to the new car? Does XM allow that? Just want to have an idea about what I'm in for so I can be prepared!
Old 12-14-12, 11:56 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Plumlaker
Does anybody have any experience with being an XM customer(non vehicle) and then getting a new vehicle and transferring the old subscription over to the new car? Does XM allow that? Just want to have an idea about what I'm in for so I can be prepared!
It should be the same as vehicle to vehicle; I had 5 months left on my Cadillac and they transferred it to my RX account!!

Quick Reply: sirius/xm radio subscription