RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Factory defect Rx^^^NEED Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-12, 08:07 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would ask for a new car, that is what you paid for. That is BS that they want to put a new door on. More than likely they will paint the door in the shop that did such a good job with the first one.
Old 08-11-12, 08:40 AM
SAPNY
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

swap the door - if they exchange the car its even better
goodluck and keep us updated
Old 08-11-12, 08:45 AM
VVRX
Pole Position

In my mind to make things right a new car swap is the only resolution. It is their defect so let them deal with it. It should not be your problem period.
Old 08-11-12, 08:50 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take the demo door; it is more likely to match being both painted at the factory, and be done with it!!! We can't get a new house because of a broken window; lets be reasonable!!!
Old 08-12-12, 01:19 PM
NCRon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rx2012
Hi all, after 2months waiting, and several contact with manufacturer rep, the dealer agreed to exchange a new door. Or give me $2000 cash if I keep the defect door. I am not sure is it fair or not? Or I should insist to exchange a new car?
I think the dealer is making a good and reasonable offer. If it were me, I would let him replace the door but with the understanding that it has to be first rate and defect free before I accept it. I guess I'm puzzled about exactly what happened. I mean, did you just not notice the defect before you accepted the car? Also, I must have missed details on exactly what was wrong with the door. It must have been a major defect for you to want a new car. Which again raises the question of how you failed to notice it before you accepted it.
Lexus, by the way, has a well deserved reputation for providing high quality and good customer service, both at the dealer and the manufacturer level. I guess I'm surprised that you had such a problem with them. I just bought my third new Lexus and I have yet to have an unpleasant experience with the company or any of its dealers. I hope your saga has a happy ending. I'm betting that it will.
Incidentally, if you don't reach a happy ending and you have exhausted all alternatives with the dealer and the manufacturer, you probably want to see a lawyer. I don't know Canadian law but my sons are both lawyers here in the U.S. and I know that deceptive trade practices, fraud and the like are grounds for a lawsuit. Also, companies have a remarkable way of becoming reasonable the instant a letter from a lawyer hits the desk of someone high up the chain.
Again, good luck.
Old 08-12-12, 02:17 PM
rx2012
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply. You can find the defective pictures on page 2 of this post. Actually, the defective parts is inside of the door.

Originally Posted by NCRon
I think the dealer is making a good and reasonable offer. If it were me, I would let him replace the door but with the understanding that it has to be first rate and defect free before I accept it. I guess I'm puzzled about exactly what happened. I mean, did you just not notice the defect before you accepted the car? Also, I must have missed details on exactly what was wrong with the door. It must have been a major defect for you to want a new car. Which again raises the question of how you failed to notice it before you accepted it.
Lexus, by the way, has a well deserved reputation for providing high quality and good customer service, both at the dealer and the manufacturer level. I guess I'm surprised that you had such a problem with them. I just bought my third new Lexus and I have yet to have an unpleasant experience with the company or any of its dealers. I hope your saga has a happy ending. I'm betting that it will.
Incidentally, if you don't reach a happy ending and you have exhausted all alternatives with the dealer and the manufacturer, you probably want to see a lawyer. I don't know Canadian law but my sons are both lawyers here in the U.S. and I know that deceptive trade practices, fraud and the like are grounds for a lawsuit. Also, companies have a remarkable way of becoming reasonable the instant a letter from a lawyer hits the desk of someone high up the chain.
Again, good luck.
Old 08-12-12, 02:19 PM
rx2012
Driver School Candidate

But dealer told me it is impossible to get a new car. thanks for your reply

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I would ask for a new car, that is what you paid for. That is BS that they want to put a new door on. More than likely they will paint the door in the shop that did such a good job with the first one.
Old 08-13-12, 05:39 PM
stw2046
Driver

A new door and $1k in cash for compensation.
Old 08-13-12, 05:54 PM
nine49
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stw2046
A new door and $1k in cash for compensation.
I have to agree with a new door and $1k for all the trouble you went through. No way you should have been sold with that defective door on a $50k car, let along if it was a $10k car.