RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2013 RX350 Fsport

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-12, 06:54 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Hmmmm. Yep does not look like it has the F-sport appearance package.

F-sport Package.
Includes F Sport Front Bumper, P235/55R19 Tires & Split 5-Spoke Superchrome Finish Alloy Wheels.
You're right. It's NOT an Fsport because it does NOT have the Fsport badges on the sides like both of my GS350s.

The salesman kept saying it is but no one knows for sure and it doesnt say on the windows sticker. Damn...
Old 05-20-12, 07:18 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by jman-is350
You're right. It's NOT an Fsport because it does NOT have the Fsport badges on the sides like both of my GS350s.

The salesman kept saying it is but no one knows for sure and it doesnt say on the windows sticker. Damn...
They lied to you? That sucks! Id be pissed.
Old 05-20-12, 07:55 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jman-is350

As long as you did not pay the F-sport price and happy with the vehicle, I guess its no biggie. I believe the F-sport does not come out until the next couple of months but the RX can be ordered now with an F-sport appearance package which includes the front bumper and 19 inch wheels.
Old 05-20-12, 08:26 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TriniGS
As long as you did not pay the F-sport price and happy with the vehicle, I guess its no biggie. I believe the F-sport does not come out until the next couple of months but the RX can be ordered now with an F-sport appearance package which includes the front bumper and 19 inch wheels.
I got a good deal on it, my wife is happy and the next "real FSport" in white/ash will be ours.
Old 05-20-12, 11:07 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats! But don't really need 2 threads of the same topic.
Old 05-23-12, 08:42 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Congrats,
Man, you go through cars. Yep, when I saw the pics, I thought it was a little odd because it looks nothing like the one on Lexus web site - thanks to someone pointing out the difference. No wonder it did not feel different handling wise to you. The new FSport suppose to have the revise suspension, 8 speed trans (probably the same one from the IS-F), but no upgrade in the engine department - bummer. If you are going to upgrade to the FSport later on, definitely let us know how it drives.

Coincidence, that I also just tranded in my 04 RX for an Acura ZDX - Wife like the styling and I was looking for a little more sportiness. Anyway, again congrats.
Old 05-24-12, 06:28 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Same case for Canadian market, the salesman that I have known told me recently that F-Sport is not available now but in a month or so. Interestingly, he said the F-Sport RX in Canada won't have the roof rails. (that's actually my preference as I find extra effort in washing the rails on my 2011 RX and I seldom make use of them. They look good, though)
Old 06-07-12, 08:25 AM
qualityCar
Driver School Candidate

Default 2013 Rx350 - Appearance

The few comments about the 2013 cosmetic changes seem positive. So I think I'm showing my age(50) when I don't feel the same way. I personally do not like the new front end, to me, they've broken the nice fluent lines of the car with the grill changes. It looks unfinished. It sure feels like the changes they've made are an attempt to make it look sportier in a less than subtle way, which in my opinion, goes against the point of the 'luxury' brand. Too bad they didn't leave the sportier (attempt) to the F Sport. Do others agree?
Old 06-07-12, 09:07 AM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qualityCar
The few comments about the 2013 cosmetic changes seem positive. So I think I'm showing my age(50) when I don't feel the same way. I personally do not like the new front end, to me, they've broken the nice fluent lines of the car with the grill changes. It looks unfinished. It sure feels like the changes they've made are an attempt to make it look sportier in a less than subtle way, which in my opinion, goes against the point of the 'luxury' brand. Too bad they didn't leave the sportier (attempt) to the F Sport. Do others agree?
I agree. I personally prefer the F-Sport upper grill but I think the lower half and the associated fascia make it look unrefined. I do like the interior cues - pedals, paddle shifter, seat stitching etc.

I also wish they had decided to offer the 450h with F-sport. I realize I want to have my cake and eat it to with that. I like the idea of the day to day economy of the 450h but knowing I have the sport style and little performance tweaks at hand when I feel like it.

At the end of the day I've decided to go with the 450h in Stargazer Black special ordered with Luxury, ML, HUD, etc. I'm anticipating a July-August delivery date.

Last edited by mklemovitc; 06-07-12 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-12, 09:27 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No

[QUOTE=Sevn86;7244925]so the F sport appearance package comes with hybrid rims now?[/QALL
ALL the 2013 have the NEw FRONT end and LED's etc. I love mine; makes the 12's and earlier look outdated...lol. Many new and easier features on the '13 including ENFORM and better rear viewing on the Nav screen. I think people are nuts to get a left over '12 unless they get a SUPER deal!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2013 RX350 Fsport-phpjasipvpm.jpg  
Old 06-07-12, 10:43 AM
gladiator9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great.....congrats on your new ride. Ours is a 2010 pearl white with beige interior. Great ride and reliabality. Would like a set of the chrome wheels though. Has the horsepower changed with the use of reg. gas?
Cheers,
Jim
Old 06-07-12, 11:11 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by qualityCar
I like the new front, but not much more than I liked the old one.

I don't get all the hype either. I wished I liked it more so I would be willing to pull the trigger rather than wait to see what other changes Lexus makes especially under the hood.

I love the DTR, could care less about the power folding mirrors, bc I'll rarely ever use them, and the enform is a paid service, that I'm not going to pay for. Unlike others I loved the AFS, and hope they bring them back next year.

I went to the dealership and wanted to really love the new look enough to purchase, I even test drove it, but couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't see much difference when compared to the 2012.

With that said I'm cool with he direction but IMO they have to change things under the hood
Old 06-07-12, 11:15 AM
gqscholar
Driver

[quote=dctex99;7282132]
Originally Posted by Sevn86
so the F sport appearance package comes with hybrid rims now?[/QALL
ALL the 2013 have the NEw FRONT end and LED's etc. I love mine; makes the 12's and earlier look outdated...lol. Many new and easier features on the '13 including ENFORM and better rear viewing on the Nav screen. I think people are nuts to get a left over '12 unless they get a SUPER deal!!!!
You really think its that much difference?

When I test drove the 2013, I couldn't tell. When I seen them side by side in the dealership, I seen the difference but only from the front and not by much. They both have a protruding front that kind of sticks out. The RX sport have one, but it looks to much like dark vador mask for me.

With that said Congrads on your purchase.
Old 06-07-12, 01:48 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I absolutely love the new front end on the 13's. But, I agree it's more on the sporty side.
Old 06-07-12, 03:59 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gladiator9
Looks great.....congrats on your new ride. Ours is a 2010 pearl white with beige interior. Great ride and reliabality. Would like a set of the chrome wheels though. Has the horsepower changed with the use of reg. gas?
Cheers,
Jim
officially it is 270 HP now; you can't feel the difference, and using regular you get fresher gas!!! I have seen people putting regular in Corvettes when gas goes over $4 a gallon; so premium gets a little stale at small stations!!

Quick Reply: 2013 RX350 Fsport