RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New to the boards...picked up a '12 loaded RX350 for the wife

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 09:03 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default New to the boards...picked up a '12 loaded RX350 for the wife

this past Saturday.

AWD, etc. the works.

It's a beautiful ride and was my wife's dream car/truck (over the CLS55 AMG- grateful for that) but I can't drive it. I'm embarrassed because it's so a "girls" truck.

She made me spend 9 hours the next day detailing it- the works with polisher and all. It looks amazing and the 3M film kit made it easier to detail but I just can't bring myself to drive it. It's not a c0cky thing; it's just that I've always considered it a girls car....like a VW Rabbit Cabriolet.

Bought a 350 because we couldn't find a 450H with the options we wanted- looked in OR, NV, AZ, UT, and NM.

Oh yeah, we got hooked up and got it for $1,250 under invoice.

Last edited by elimmigran; 05-09-12 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-09-12, 09:14 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats! I guess it depends on where u live. Here it's 60% female and 40% male that drive the RX.
Old 05-09-12, 09:16 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

First of all, congrats on the new RX! Do post pics or this thread is worthless.

Second, there must be must be something wrong with your eyes The 3rd gen RX is nowhere near a girl's ride. With it's sleek, sporty look, well I guess if you meant the likes of Danica Patrick driving it, then so be it. But if you're talking about it being a soccer mom's ride, then there's definitely something's wrong with your eyes.
Old 05-09-12, 09:30 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

LOL...

I only gave it 2 coats of wax on Sunday. I'll take some pics after some more wax this Sunday.

As a guy who has owned all sorts of rides from sports cars to low riders and DUB-style show cars, there's an ego, perception issue that doesn't want me driving it.

I drove it to the dealer the day after we bought it to swap the chrome wheels (wife is not into bling- she likes the grey or murdered-out look) and I felt awkward driving it. The guys at Lexus gave me ***** about it but it didn't bother me one bit. Everyone I know who drives one is a woman...
Old 05-09-12, 09:39 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Delivery date....

Old 05-09-12, 09:52 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, I guess with that color, it doesn't look aggressive so I don't blame ya. If it was darker, it would have been a different story. And replace that dealer plate frame unless they'll pay you for advertising for them.
Old 05-09-12, 09:58 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by happy1977
Well, I guess with that color, it doesn't look aggressive so I don't blame ya. If it was darker, it would have been a different story. And replace that dealer plate frame unless they'll pay you for advertising for them.
The wife and I have been married for 12 years. During this time, I've had over 10 new and used custom rides so she wants to ride the new car appearance for a while. This is HER first new car since HS (Geo Metro) so she is ecstatic! Since college, all she's had is hand-me-downs.

Buying her this ride was the best feeling in the world for me...she deserved it and perhaps she'll lay off the "let's have a kid" kick for a while.
Old 05-09-12, 10:01 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Does ur wife's car have the ebony interior?
Old 05-09-12, 10:02 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Does ur wife's car have the ebony interior?
Black. My 550 is white with black interior and she wanted the same for hers....copycat.
Old 05-09-12, 10:04 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

I'm taking it in for the 3M crystalline tint this Saturday. I want her to be as happy as can be.
Old 05-10-12, 07:24 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elimmigran
this past Saturday.

AWD, etc. the works.

It's a beautiful ride and was my wife's dream car/truck (over the CLS55 AMG- grateful for that) but I can't drive it. I'm embarrassed because it's so a "girls" truck.

She made me spend 9 hours the next day detailing it- the works with polisher and all. It looks amazing and the 3M film kit made it easier to detail but I just can't bring myself to drive it. It's not a c0cky thing; it's just that I've always considered it a girls car....like a VW Rabbit Cabriolet.

Bought a 350 because we couldn't find a 450H with the options we wanted- looked in OR, NV, AZ, UT, and NM.

Congrads

I love the white RX, it screams luxary IMO.

Somehow the RX got the "for a women" label on it, but hey I don't mind, I drive my wife RX all the time and love it everytime. LOL
Old 05-10-12, 04:41 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by elimmigran
this past Saturday.

AWD, etc. the works.

Please. Only the most insecure of men are afraid of driving a 50k SUV because they think they're "girly." Sounds like you'd look down your nose at a Spec Miata driver too.
Old 05-10-12, 04:43 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by panyo64
Please. Only the most insecure of men are afraid of driving a 50k SUV because they think they're "girly." Sounds like you'd look down your nose at a Spec Miata driver too.
I'm not insecure. It's just not my style.
Old 05-10-12, 05:42 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

You don't know what you're missing, elimmigran

Congrats on the RX. Looks like your wife really loves it. You should tell her to get online, LOL!
Old 05-10-12, 05:56 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...right we don't want you...we want her....lol....afterall I am not surprise about anything that comes from the "land of fruits and nuts"....just kidding...don't get offended,,,,,,I guess besides g
a "girl suv" you should add..."old people too"...lol......oh!...I just realize that you would do anything to avoid having kids...I got it...kids no more toys for you!!!!!

Quick Reply: New to the boards...picked up a '12 loaded RX350 for the wife