Originally Posted by yeuchau
Going to get my car tinted this weekend.
I know rx350 comes with smoke class in the back, do you guys know approx what percent would that be?
I am going with Liumar air blue for front windshield and 3M all around.
Anyone knows the difference between FX premium vs color stable?
if you're still here in CALIFORNIA, where we have California Highway Patrol 24/7.
i suggest you review the CA tinting LAW again.
currently the fine is $173 plus tax if ever you get pulled over and a "fix it" note on your citation.
so i would think twice before i tint the driver and passenger window.
OR just have some "change" ready every week
Quoting VC 26708(d)
(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:
(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.
(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.
(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sunís harmful ultraviolet A rays.
(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the installing company and the materialís manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the materialís manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturerís instructions meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the materialís manufacturer by full name and street address.
(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.