RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

limited options for the rx450h

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 06:54 PM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default limited options for the rx450h

Not sure if this is the right place for this question or if it should be in the hybrid section, so mods, please move if necessary.

On Lexus' website, where you can view the Pricing and Options section on the individual car, there are some options that seems limited to the rx450h awd version. I'm specifically talking about the Luxury Package and Tow Prep Package. Does anybody know if in fact this is correct as there are some options that are part of the Luxury Package that I like but can't get unless I step up to the awd version? It seems based on the website, the most "fully loaded" you can get with the rx450h is getting the Premium Package with the Comfort Package and then of course the misc options such as LED lights or ML stereo system.

Does anybody out there actually have an rx450h with the Luxury Package? I'd like to know in case this was jsut a mix up on the website and maybe it can be special ordered. I really like the Wide-view Side Monitor System, Seat Cushion Extender, and Power Folding Mirrors. We don't necessarily do any towing but having a Heavy Duty Alternator and Radiator along with a Transmission Cooler can only help the car with it's longevity, imo. I realize that they might not offer the Tow Package on the fwd because if you're going to tow and actually needs those benefits, you really should be getting an awd but if you look at the Pricing and Option list on the regular rx350, it does lists the Tow Package and the Luxury Package to be available on the fwd rx350.
Old 03-04-12, 08:14 PM
2011RX350
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't answer all your questions but can tell you I just bought a FWD RX350 with a lot of options. It has the Premium, Comfort, and Tow Prep and NAV, HID, 19", and some other stuff. It does not have the fold in mirrors, side camera. Not sure about the seat cushion extender but this one has more seat adjustments than anything else I have seen. I did not want the weight, fuel consumption and complexity of AWD, unless I were to live up North. The Hybrid is hard to justify financially unless you do a lot of stop and go city driving. Jmho...
Old 03-04-12, 08:54 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

First thing you should know is that Lexus really likes to decide which regions get what vehicles. That is why when you "build your own" you enter your zip code and you get vehicles that are sent to your area. They may not have everything you want, and may include things you dont. The only way around this is if you go to your dealership and ask them to special order, or trade with another dealer across the country.

Then the luxury package and tow package is indeed only for AWD models. I myself have a luxury packaged RX because I special ordered it. I was forced to get AWD to get the luxury package. On top of that, things like HUD and maybe the LED headlights are only available with the luxury package.
Old 03-05-12, 01:23 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in N. CA and all of the FWD 450h models I have seen have basically the same configuration. With a cost of about $54,430. This configuration has been remarkably stable and is identical to the configuration offered since the 2010 model year; the same config as my FWD 450h. But, I would suggest that you go down to your dealer and ask them to look through available inventory to see if there are other configurations around ... long shot. You can also go to each dealers web site and look at the 450h new inventory and see if you can find anything different. The web sites show you each vehicle's options and prices. I think what you will see is that there is very little inventory. Possibly because of a switch over to the 2013 model coming up.

I've been averaging around 33 MPG out of my FWD ... so they are definitely worth considering.
Old 03-05-12, 07:32 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I certainly do not know what all dealer websites are like, but here in Pittsburgh and even North East Ohio you can not check their new car inventory.
Old 03-05-12, 09:12 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that the websites are hard to price out what you really want to have. I have the 'everything" package including Tow Prep, hitch and cross bars. I had to order it that way.

Interesting note, I was in Manhattan last week and while walking back to the hotel from the Intrepid museum I stopped in to Manhattan Lexus. I wanted to price out my car as I have had many Americans say that my price is high (72K canadian all in). In talking with one of the sales rep and getting him to price out all the options I have in my 450h his price came to 68,500 plus the dealer and prep charges and taxes. This did not include the stuff the Canadian spec ones include such as block heater, mudguards, floor mats and bumper protector.

I feel good, and yes I know that Manhatten might not be the cheapest place to buy one but these were the MSRP's.
Old 03-05-12, 12:16 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cafpaf
I certainly do not know what all dealer websites are like, but here in Pittsburgh and even North East Ohio you can not check their new car inventory.
Here are a few local dealerships to show you how things work here in SF bay area:

http://www.lexusstevenscreek.com/
http://www.lexusofpleasanton.com/
http://www.magnussenlexusfremont.com/

Generally, the new car inventory is under New Models > New Car Inventory. It is extremely useful.
Old 03-06-12, 07:19 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've notice a similar issue with regard to an IS350 or IS250 here in Tampa. You can't even build one of these and get the "Luxury Package", unless it's the convertible or possibly an AWD IS350. Forget about it on the IS250's. Now, up until the 2012 model, you could find a Luxury package model anywhere up North. This is one of the reasons why I really had to check the IS line off my list, because if you don't get it with the Luxury Package, the car doesn't even have automatic headlights, no memory seats or any of the nicer things that you can get on the RX.

I also think they changed the options for building the RX350 with the Luxury Package on the website for my area. I'm not even sure they're offering the Luxury package anymore, and it's confusing since they give you Choice A, B or C.
Old 03-09-12, 07:13 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Special order is the only way to get what you want it the car. Take some time but if you get it like I did it was less than 90 days.
Old 03-09-12, 07:43 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus submit their orders at the end of each month, so you can get it sooner if you request it by month's end.
Old 03-09-12, 10:14 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If some delar has already order the car from Japan first. Both of my cars were built for me with the extra options that I wanted in them. The MRSP of my 400h was over 63K. No dealer would order this car with the hope that he could sell it fast to get it off his floor plan. Placed order for the car the 7th of September, Car was made on the 13th of October, car was in Jacksonville, Fl (off the boat the 13th on November, car was in Mobile on the 22nd and we took it home on the 26 of November.