RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

right side mirror tilt down function....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 10:19 PM
tdgandmsb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right side mirror tilt down function....

Hi. My mirror used to tilt down when in reverse, but doesn't do it anymore. Is there a lock on this function that I may have inadvertantly hit> Thanks! mark
Old 02-28-12, 10:24 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When you go to adjust your right or left mirror, there is a switch that you push to indicate the mirror that you are going to adjust. If you put this switch in its neutral position (by just pressing the switch again when you done), the tilt function will be restored. It has been a while since I did this ... so I may have this backwards. I think you just left the switch in either the left or right position and that disabled the tilt function. This is definitely not an obvious thing and I think most owners disable the tilt function ... maybe even before they realize it is there.

Last edited by UCSB; 02-28-12 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 10:29 PM
tdgandmsb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANK YOU! That's exactly the answer I was looking for! You saved me lots of time. Much appreciated. Mark
Old 02-29-12, 03:15 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UCSB
When you go to adjust your right or left mirror, there is a switch that you push to indicate the mirror that you are going to adjust. If you put this switch in its neutral position (by just pressing the switch again when you done), the tilt function will be restored. It has been a while since I did this ... so I may have this backwards. I think you just left the switch in either the left or right position and that disabled the tilt function. This is definitely not an obvious thing and I think most owners disable the tilt function ... maybe even before they realize it is there.
I think you may have that exactly backwards. If it is in the middle it wont tilt the mirrors but if left or right is chosen it does.
Old 02-29-12, 11:51 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

One of the mirrors must be selected (light lit) for the auto-tilt to work. Either one is fine, both mirrors will tilt. Although the Driver's side always tilts more, because it was designed for the Japanese market and Lexus has, after almost a decade of including this function, still has not reprogrammed it for LHD markets.
Old 02-29-12, 12:53 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I could be wrong on this, but I think they compensated for that with the right hand mirror being wide angle.
Originally Posted by panyo64
Although the Driver's side always tilts more, because it was designed for the Japanese market and Lexus has, after almost a decade of including this function, still has not reprogrammed it for LHD markets.
Old 02-29-12, 01:15 PM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a possibility to change or "force" the incline/tilt of the mirrors?
I tried manually but I certainly does not know how to "save" the incline for the having the same desired position for the next manoeuver.
Do you?
Old 02-29-12, 05:24 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You have three preset driver positions you can save on the drivers door for seats, steering wheel, and mirrors. When you shift from reverse back to drive, the mirrors wil automatically shift back to which ever of the three presets it started on. I don't think reverse is anything but shifting them down.
Originally Posted by Alpy64
Is there a possibility to change or "force" the incline/tilt of the mirrors?
I tried manually but I certainly does not know how to "save" the incline for the having the same desired position for the next manoeuver.
Do you?
Old 03-01-12, 11:05 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not believe that you can adjust the degree of automatic tilt for the mirrors. I have tried several times to no avail. I even check with the forum group about a year ago and got the same answer. You can certainly adjust it manually; but not automatically. At least I have not been able to do so.