RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Is buying 2012 RX350 at invoice realistic? Is Edmunds Invoice close to correct?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-12, 07:41 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaOwner
again, you have every right to see the actual invoice if you want to buy the car. dnt follow what he says or what edmunds says
No, you don't have a right to see their invoice, the price is negotiated based on what each party is willing to strike a deal for, what Lexus' paid for the vehicle does not have to be disclosed. You can demand to see it but they don't have to comply, many won't. Any way, the dealer invoice is NOT the real price the dealer eventually pays for the vehicle. There is dealer holdback (2-3%) and often other cash back incentives Lexus' Corp. may offer from time to time and from region to region. One guarantee is that their final true price is LESS than the invoice price.

You can get close if you use TrueCar or Edmunds and accurately spec out the vehicle, but be aware this is not the 'real' price.
Old 03-12-12, 02:07 AM
dgraham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a special order in for a RX 350 with the ultr luxury pkg and Edmunds was right on - car is suppose to arrive Apr - May - I am paying invoice plus a fee but way below sticker.
Old 03-12-12, 11:00 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Great that you got your car

Sorry I am late to the party but the word I have received from Lexus was that the invoice price (not MSRP) on the car orders after this past feb. have increase around 3 % of so.

For those still looking to still get a 2012

In order to get the best price, try finding a dealer who still have RX's on their lot that were delivered prior to Feb.
Old 03-12-12, 11:03 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
No, you don't have a right to see their invoice, the price is negotiated based on what each party is willing to strike a deal for, what Lexus' paid for the vehicle does not have to be disclosed. You can demand to see it but they don't have to comply, many won't. Any way, the dealer invoice is NOT the real price the dealer eventually pays for the vehicle. There is dealer holdback (2-3%) and often other cash back incentives Lexus' Corp. may offer from time to time and from region to region. One guarantee is that their final true price is LESS than the invoice price.

You can get close if you use TrueCar or Edmunds and accurately spec out the vehicle, but be aware this is not the 'real' price.

You are right.

This is why I and many others I know always feel like the dealer is trying to cheat them.

IMO the dealership deserves a profit, I would never argue that. I just wish there was a honest disclosed price so I as the seller can negotiate what that profit should be if I was to purchase the vehicle.
Old 03-12-12, 11:13 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

> any particular reason you are looking at the '12 when the '13 is coming out in a few months?

Does anyone have any knowledge about 13 release dates? Few months is a lot closer than 6 month from the Sept. 2012 release? If its a few months, I am waiting.... or was this just a "figure of speech"?
Old 03-12-12, 11:22 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by Dolphin
> any particular reason you are looking at the '12 when the '13 is coming out in a few months?

Does anyone have any knowledge about 13 release dates? Few months is a lot closer than 6 month from the Sept. 2012 release? If its a few months, I am waiting.... or was this just a "figure of speech"?
I believe its late May.

WIth that said, Lexus has already did a mid Feb invoice increase on their 2012 and I wouldn't be surpriised if they tack on another increase on the 2013 rx.

On top of that the car might sell for close to MSRP for the first 5 or so months.

If you really love the changes, than the wait and price increase might be worth it.
Old 03-12-12, 12:16 PM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Good advise Scholar.... I am surprised May / June, somewhat early release.... but that is only a few months away....

I like the changes enuff to wait....plus, you are buying a newer model year, which for re-sale always returns some of the added cost. Right? My guess is, there some benefits in the new Enform 2.0 which prob makes the 13 worth the wait...the live traffic updates alone seem like a nice perk to wait for. I do like the facelift as well.

Pricing, who can tell, just wait n see... as with all cars, supply / demand dictates pricing, it's a battle on both ends.... I dread it, but its required part of owning a new car :-) thx for input...
Old 03-12-12, 08:13 PM
rkgriffin
Driver School Candidate

I was at the dealership today and the sales manager said the 2013 are in production right now and would be arriving as early as late April most likely May.
Old 03-19-12, 02:31 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Any idea when they will start taking 13 orders? I would like to get in the pipeline early, as I prefer specific colors and options.... thx
Old 03-19-12, 05:42 AM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Several folks have already placed their 2013 RX orders according to other thread posts.
Old 03-19-12, 10:21 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by mklemovitc
Several folks have already placed their 2013 RX orders according to other thread posts.
What prices are people getting?
Old 03-20-12, 12:54 PM
onefastdoc
Driver School Candidate

You can do better on the price. I bought my RX for $1500 UNDER invoice, but that was on December 31st, and dealers are usually giving cars away on that day.
Old 03-20-12, 03:48 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by onefastdoc
You can do better on the price. I bought my RX for $1500 UNDER invoice, but that was on December 31st, and dealers are usually giving cars away on that day.
Just something to note, invoice price sfor the 2012 went up around mid to late feb 2012.

About 1200-1600 depending on the options

Thats why sights like true car value invoice prices have increased for the rx
Old 03-21-12, 09:40 AM
bltkmt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We bought ours during the DecemberToRemember sale and got very close to invoice.
Old 03-26-12, 12:50 PM
dgraham
Driver School Candidate

Default 2013 RX arrival date

Originally Posted by Dolphin

My dealer told me that the 2013 RX's will be coming out in Aug/Sep 2012.

Quick Reply: Is buying 2012 RX350 at invoice realistic? Is Edmunds Invoice close to correct?