RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

XM radio subscription

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-11, 09:48 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XM radio subscription

I still have a few months left on my trial period for XM and when it ends I will let it lapse. I have learned both from here and others personal experience that if you let it die, they will negotiate a better price for you to keep you. That is all and good but I have another issue that I would like some feedback on.

I am in Canada and up here although XM and Sirius are the same company, they run as two separate providers with differing content. Most notably Sirius has NFL football which is one of the things I would like to have. XM does not offer but has hockey. Six of one, half dozen of other but I want them both like you can in the States.

Has anyone from Canada tried to activate the XM in the US with a canadian car? It is my understanding that the hardware and software are the same its just what channels are opened for you. I may go the route of having a friend in the states activate it for me but would like some feedback from someone that has done it.
Old 12-19-11, 10:26 AM
kwbuggy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What bugs me even more about XM Canada is that we get no Canadian news channel even though Sirius Canada carries the CBC News Channel. The CBC owns 20% of Sirius/XM Canada and don't even offer their signal on both products. I could do without Fox News, CNN or even Bloomberg Business News if only I could get some Canadian news while travelling in the USA. And don't try to tell me that Canada 360 provides real Canadian content!
Old 12-19-11, 10:33 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have canadian news channels? Who knew?

I want sat radio to drive to the cottage or on road trips so that your not always looking for radio stations. I find that a live sporting event or a talking book, makes the trip seem to go faster. I get bored with ipod music. Its okay for a while but then my alphabet soup kicks in (OCD,ADD, AHAD) and I want the next thing. For me radio is better than recorded music as I dont know what is coming next.