RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Clear Bra (Rock Guard)-merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-13, 09:30 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
Looking for clear bra installation in so cal. Any good suggestion?
Since no one reply i've go ahead and used Bain @ Doza Design. His site doesn't work but his work is pretty much to perfection. I've attached before and after pic taken by cell - will post from digital camera later.

http://www.dozadesigns.com/
Attached Thumbnails Clear Bra (Rock Guard)-merged threads-clear-bra-2.jpg   Clear Bra (Rock Guard)-merged threads-clear-bra-1.jpg  
Old 04-23-13, 11:46 AM
moh1976
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for clear bra installation in phoenix AZ ?
Old 04-23-13, 05:39 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people that did mine also do window tint, so you might look for those folks as well.
Old 04-23-13, 06:34 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Have you contacted your dealer to see if they have an installer? I had mine done there but it was by an outside company.
Old 04-23-13, 10:49 PM
moh1976
Driver School Candidate

yes my dealer has one. But looking at the reviews on yelp for that installer, I am kind of rethinking of getting it done from someone else. Though the reviews were regarding some windshield work but don't know how would be the quality of work. I'll perhaps ask them to show some cars already done by them.
What is the feedback regarding the "Suntek" clear bra?
Old 04-24-13, 06:23 AM
Bayman
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Many on this forum seem to go with Ventureshield or Xpel. I've only heard of Suntek tint film, not their clear bra. It is very important to find a good installer with good reviews. Take a look at the threads on these forums (not just the RX forum) and see if anyone from close by has had the clear bra done. You can also check the Autopia forum.

I've seen some terrible jobs where the film didn't wrap around the edges, visible bubbles, water/air trapped under the film, etc. When I was getting mine done, the customer before me was having his existing film removed because of a bad job someone else had done on his install. Good luck!
Old 05-08-13, 04:11 PM
rmhipo
Rookie

MX, Thanks for the pics! Have you been forced to buff out any small nicks on the film? I'm curious to know and see how the film holds up after the 1st and 2nd buffing sessions. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-02-14, 02:34 PM
murphle
Driver School Candidate

Purchased my 2014 RX350 in November. We did not opt for the clearbra initially, I wanted to think about it. I now have 5000 miles on it and there are a few small nicks along the front hood. We drove a ton to Chicago and Central PA-right through lots of nasty winter weather. Just washed and thoroughly cleaned my car-it looks awesome! The car is going in tomorrow for the 5K check-up and I intend to schedule installation of the clearbra ASAP. I wish I would have done it within the first week!
Old 08-11-14, 12:56 PM
xrob
Driver School Candidate

Hi there. Would love to hear some feedback from the users who had these installed over a year ago (or more). I am thinking about getting my hood touched up and then installing this. I have a 2010 with 90k miles and plan on keeping it another 4-6 years. Incidentally, some of the chips have started to rust. Is that a warranty repair item through Lexus? I thought most auto manufacturers had paint/rust warranties on vehicles that were at least 5-10 years. Thanks for the input!

Rob
Old 08-11-14, 05:21 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xrob
Hi there. Would love to hear some feedback from the users who had these installed over a year ago (or more). I am thinking about getting my hood touched up and then installing this. I have a 2010 with 90k miles and plan on keeping it another 4-6 years. Incidentally, some of the chips have started to rust. Is that a warranty repair item through Lexus? I thought most auto manufacturers had paint/rust warranties on vehicles that were at least 5-10 years. Thanks for the input!

Rob
90k miles within 4 yrs? traveling a lot i guess? definitely put some clear hood/bumper protectors.....
Old 08-12-14, 10:21 AM
mohrd
Driver

Originally Posted by xrob
Hi there. Would love to hear some feedback from the users who had these installed over a year ago (or more). I am thinking about getting my hood touched up and then installing this. I have a 2010 with 90k miles and plan on keeping it another 4-6 years.
Rob
Rob, my `10 Obsidian suffered from a ton of rock chips on the hood due to the sand (gravel is more like it) used on winter roads here. I had a total hood repaint done and the 3M installed (18" up the hood) early in 2013. What a difference. I`ve been through winter and spring without any marring of the protector or paint.

Door cups protection or ladies with smaller diamonds...

As I side note, my SC got full protection from new (hood, bumper mirrors, wheel openings, door edges, etc). It is now 10 years old and is showing it's age with some peeling, etc. But the material used back then is likely not the same quality as today's films.

Last edited by mohrd; 08-12-14 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-14-14, 08:54 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Right after I purchased my new 13 RX I began research on the 3M film. I finally settled on the Aerogard and found someone in Memphis to install it. That was almost two years ago and the film still looks great. The installer said to wax it just like the rest of the car. A few months back I bought a new Ford pickup and did the same thing to it. Those that live in the South know how bad the bugs are here and how their enzymes work on the unprotected paint.
Old 03-13-16, 05:54 AM
HWU
Driver School Candidate

Default Hood bumper protection

Good Morning,
We just picked up a 2015 RX350 w/ 10,000 miles.....lease turn in. Previous owner took very good care of her, in prestine condition. Heading out soon for a road trip, about 3000 miles round trip. I'm looking for suggestions on hood, bumper, front end protection. You know to prevent all those little stone chips, bugs, etc....! What are people using?

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-13-16, 06:28 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

the 3M clear bra is a great product.
Old 03-13-16, 07:51 AM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The clear film is excellent. If you do a lot of highway driving is recommend the weather tech bug deflector Its contoured to the RX , looks really slick . I've had it on my 04 since buying and it stops any large stones from piercing into the paint. Love it

Quick Reply: Clear Bra (Rock Guard)-merged threads