RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Rear Seat Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 02:43 PM
tapau
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Seat Cover

I have 2 kids and though I try to not let them eat inside the car it's inevitable. Has anyone purchased a seat cover for the rear seats? I'm thinking about getting this pet seat cover below

http://www.autoanything.com/pet-travel/69A5982A0A0.aspx

What do you think? Any suggestions are welcome .... heck I'd even consider getting new kids
Old 11-23-11, 06:14 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Custom Covercraft Canine Cover

Tapau, I've had a custom Covercraft Canine Cover in gray poly for almost 2 years in my RX400h. I highly recommend it. My 65lb Golden rides well in the back on many errands and trips with me each week. I don't have experience with the more generic versions which also cost a lot less, but this custom one fits very very well, is extremely well constructed, and holds up to washing and air drying. I use my shop vac to remove hair when I clean the inside, and tend to only wash every few weeks when needed. If I need the backseat for real people, it's out within 3-4 minutes of removing the velco attachments, and back in place without much more work. As evidence I really like this product, I just received an order for a new custom tan poly for my on-order RX450h (that should arrive in the next couple of months gotta match my new parchment interior ).

A couple other considerations... There are different material types -- poly is less expensive and has more color options, but the big point for me is my dog does not tend to slip on it. The Crypton material, while super strong and more waterproof by design, is a lot more slippery -- also the Crypton unfortunately only comes in those big paw print versions which may be great in a truck, but I just couldn't see it with my semi-analine leather interior . The poly version has a waterproof protection layer underneath, and I had no problem cleaning up from a little carsick problem my girl had early on -- wiped it up and put the cover into the washer when I got home. No problem. Also, check around on prices, as they vary from different places -- ordering from the mfgr is the highest price. I found mine at Autogeek. It shipped direct from the mfgr and was in my hands within a couple of weeks.
Old 11-23-11, 06:18 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

I use a single bucket version of what you are pointing out for the wife's C70. I use a pet hammock for my RX. However, you are looking to haul kids, not dogs. I am not sure how comfortable it would be but I can tell you the bucket cover serves the purpose quite well.
Old 11-23-11, 06:52 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tapau
What do you think? Any suggestions are welcome .... heck I'd even consider getting new kids
Now that is what I call commitment to your car! You can always get a one peice seat cover for the back seat. You will loose the ability to fold them down likely. I do like the Canine cover though looks very nice
Old 09-01-14, 12:03 PM
mperloe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I visited the link, and when you choose a cover, they said they don't have one for the recent RX. Which one did you get?
Old 09-01-14, 12:28 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mperloe
I visited the link, and when you choose a cover, they said they don't have one for the recent RX. Which one did you get?
This thread is almost 3 years old. :-) Not sure which link you are referencing, but if it's the one I put in related to a Custom Canine Cover, it looks like their website does not cover RXs after 2012 for some strange reason. I've searched my files and can't find the receipt for my latest custom cover that goes on my 2013 RX450h perfectly, but IIRC, I ordered for a 2012 RX, since the seat configuration and dimensions are the same except for the backs on the cargo area side that no longer have the little tabs the tonneau cover pieces hooked into for the 2012's and before -- that does not interfere with the way the canine cover is held onto the back of the seat with it's velcro tabs.

If you're worried about ordering a different year, you could always contact the Canine Cover folks and see what's up, or their more generic bench seat cover (does not fit as tightly and wouldn't be my preference) for the later model RX seems to be available...

Hope that helps. Good luck.