RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 11:28 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi,

The mats would be the same. If you deselect your vehicle from the "Shop by vehicle" tool and use the configuration on the weathertech liners page you will see the 2012 fitment.

Steve
Old 05-15-12, 12:01 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,

The mats would be the same. If you deselect your vehicle from the "Shop by vehicle" tool and use the configuration on the weathertech liners page you will see the 2012 fitment.

Steve
Thanks Steve, but what about that quote from a customer which seems to have an issue with the Weathertech,,is it a real issue or is it just an issue to him?....because I am undecided about Weathertec (thicker rubber etc) and the Husky thiner rubber but equal quality and fitting...
Old 05-15-12, 12:10 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

svofan1: Which quote are you referring to?

Steve
Old 05-15-12, 12:22 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AndyL
FYI, in my recent experience with the Weather Tech floor liners (front and back) for the 2011 RX, I ended up replacing them with the regular ones from Weather Tech (aka floor mat all-weather).

The reason is I find there is a clicking sound when I move the front seat as there is something under the front driver's seat that interferes with part of the floor liner (front and back) --- the right half of the mechanism under the front seat will hit the floor liner (front and back) when seat moves.

The best way to observe this is to make use of the seat memory and watch while the seat moves. Note that the contour of the floor liners are indeed well designed with details to attention but this is a small miss. You have to move the seat all the way to the front and all the way to the rear to hear the clicking sound. The problem doesn't exist with front passenger seat or the right passenger rear.

It is a pity as I find the material finish of the floor liner quite nice and it is very, very light, compared to the regular ones. The coverage for the front driver of the floor liner is way better than the regular WeatherTech mats.

I also have already removed the carpets and the floor liners are already in good contact with the bottom and they are properly secured with the anchors.

...thi sis the one, have you seen it before?....thanks....Ralph L..
Old 05-15-12, 12:29 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I personally have not experienced this issue with my vehicle and generally speaking WeatherTech liners it like a glove.

SEVN86: Have you experienced this?
Old 05-15-12, 02:59 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Wink

I personally have not experienced this issue with my vehicle and generally speaking WeatherTech liners it like a glove.

..thanks Steve.....sevn86?.....lol...don't make me laugh....he has expirienced anything and evrything under the Sun when it comes to the RX 350..lol...lol.....

well...I am about to order the weathertech, I hope the fit is all that is being said about them...thanks Steve..
Old 05-15-12, 03:21 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

My pleasure bud! Please post up some feedback once you get a chance.

Steve
Old 05-15-12, 06:25 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Red face

My pleasure bud! Please post up some feedback once you get a chance.

Steve
I will...and if I can I will take a pic or 2..I am not too savy with the pic thing....
Old 05-16-12, 07:13 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I appreciate it. Thanks for your business!

Steve
Old 05-16-12, 03:56 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

...you are welcome Steve, do have an idea on how long it will be before I see the mats here in NJ?...just curious...do they requiere a signature when delivered?...thanks
Old 05-16-12, 06:43 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

5 pages of posts on floor mats? Just use the Lexus ones and buy new ones when they get too dirty.
Old 05-16-12, 07:40 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Not at all. I think this is an isolated issue with him and that it wasn't the mats causing that noise. I have 4 different sets of weathertech mats in four different cars and I don't have any issues. The fit and finish is excellent.
Old 05-16-12, 07:43 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by svofan1
...you are welcome Steve, do have an idea on how long it will be before I see the mats here in NJ?...just curious...do they requiere a signature when delivered?...thanks
Signature is required so be at home other wise you will have to wait for them to come back the next day like I did.
Old 05-16-12, 08:06 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Signature is required so be at home other wise you will have to wait for them to come back the next day like I did.
...lol...here we go again!!!...lol...I told you this is NJ not Texas....I bet I get them asap and NO SIGNATURE...it happened to you because they did not trust you...lol......
In all seriousness they send them via FEDEX?...or UPS?....if it is UPS I do have slips that I could sign ahead of time so they can leave them at the door...it has worked before....
Old 05-16-12, 08:22 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by svofan1
...lol...here we go again!!!...lol...I told you this is NJ not Texas....I bet I get them asap and NO SIGNATURE...it happened to you because they did not trust you...lol......
In all seriousness they send them via FEDEX?...or UPS?....if it is UPS I do have slips that I could sign ahead of time so they can leave them at the door...it has worked before....
lmao...they ship them through Fedex. Its an expensive item so i think they will require sig. The last 3 times i had ordered they would just leave them at the front door but im assuming they were getting stolen so they started requiring signature.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners from Factory Store (Pics)