RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Can I buy just the "ENFORM" service for RX350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 01:23 PM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can I buy just the "ENFORM" service for RX350?

I am leasing a 2011 RX350. It's coming up on a year now and I've really like the "Enform" feature where you can sync destinatons to the Navigation from a computer.

My salesman told me originally that the cost would be $120 per year. Just received letter today from Lexus that the price is $265 per year.

Apparently, I can't order just the Enform but have to buy the "Safety" also.

Anyone been able to get a better price by just buying the Enform?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-27-11, 01:47 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by atomarchio
I am leasing a 2011 RX350. It's coming up on a year now and I've really like the "Enform" feature where you can sync destinatons to the Navigation from a computer.

My salesman told me originally that the cost would be $120 per year. Just received letter today from Lexus that the price is $265 per year.

Apparently, I can't order just the Enform but have to buy the "Safety" also.

Anyone been able to get a better price by just buying the Enform?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Here is your answer.
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...bscriptions.do
Old 10-27-11, 01:50 PM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

My salesman must have had that backwards. Apparently, I would have to buy the safety features in order to get the ENFORM feature which I want.

The $264 price is a bit high just to sync my destinations. That's a bummer.
Old 10-27-11, 02:06 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Yes the safety part is cheaper. Actually I rarely used the Enform portion of the package so just renewed the safety portion.
Old 10-27-11, 02:07 PM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Yes the safety part is cheaper. Actually I rarely used the Enform portion of the package so just renewed the safety portion.
I am the opposite. Don't need the safety part but Lexis is forcing me to buy both.
Old 10-27-11, 03:14 PM
rxsuperman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is my understanding correct that even if I don't subscribe to Safety Connect, Lexus still provides complimentary 24x7x365 roadside assistance via a phone call away for the first 4 years of new vehicle ownership?
Old 10-27-11, 05:24 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rxsuperman
Is my understanding correct that even if I don't subscribe to Safety Connect, Lexus still provides complimentary 24x7x365 roadside assistance via a phone call away for the first 4 years of new vehicle ownership?
The road assistance is part of the Lexus 4 year/50,000 mi warranty, it is separate from Safety Conect/Enform. You don't these services to have the roadside assistance, just call them up on your cell phone if you have problems.
Old 10-27-11, 06:28 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I too just wanted the enform portion of the service. I loved having the e-destination being a Realtor. Lexus does not offer this, however I called Lexus and filled a complaint/ request that they offer that portion as a stand alone like the safety. They said several people have requested such, so I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I squeaked.
Old 10-27-11, 07:11 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I too just wanted the enform portion of the service. I loved having the e-destination being a Realtor. Lexus does not offer this, however I called Lexus and filled a complaint/ request that they offer that portion as a stand alone like the safety. They said several people have requested such, so I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I squeaked.
If you are a realtor and found the e-destination useful I would think you could easily justify the 72.5 cents per day cost (even cheaper if you go for a multi year plan). Get lost and drive a mile or two out of your way with a client and you have wasted that kind of money on gas and depreciation. Plus if I was a client and the realtor had already downloaded properties to show me on the NAV I would think he/she had their act together. Image is important.

Last edited by Evitzee; 10-28-11 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-28-11, 05:01 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I will be doing that also. Should I call Lexus corporate office? Do you have that number?
Old 10-28-11, 10:57 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I did not renew because I only liked the Enform service. I had set up two folders called Golf Courses and People and then synced the destinations from my computer. The little Lexus L on the maps was nice also. I did not remove my folders before I let my subscription lapse. Now the folders remain in my NAV system under eDestinations, however, I am not able to delete or modify the items that are in these folders. I guess the only way to get rid of them is to go through the operation that removes all user data from the NAV system. I don't want to do that and have to go through all of the effort of reinputting all of the items in my Address Book.
Old 10-28-11, 06:27 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Bob for that pointer. I have the maximum number of folders, some with destinations from a vacation I probably won't repeat.

Good to know should I decide to cancel, thanks!
Old 01-04-14, 10:28 PM
elizabethb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a Realtor also and just discovered Enform. I thought the eDestinations would be great for showing appointments but I'm starting to think it might not be worth it. I'll probably stick with what I've always done, put all the addresses in before I meet the client. Then when I'm in the car with the client I just click on previous destinations, select the next property and off we go. If anyone has a better suggestion please let me know. Thanks;-)
Old 01-05-14, 04:14 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

I do like the Enform service but it's a bit pricey in my opinion. I wish they would separate the e-destination feature from rest of enform offering instead of forcing you to buy the entire package.
Old 01-05-14, 08:39 AM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It looks like Eform is a bit cheaper than OnStar.

In our shopping for a SUV, being able to contact a live person and have a destination loaded into our navigation service became important to us. We went into the purchase of our RX budgeting about $300.00 a year for this service.

We call the Destination Assist folks about once a week. Sometimes to demonstrate the service to friends, when a search in the Nav system does not find our destination or when driving and not wanting to be distracted with a Nav System search.

We have asked for a destination using garbled information and the DA folks have figured it out.

We have not called asking for a hotel or restaurant recommendation along our route but we have not taken a long trip in our new RX yet but plan to give it a try in the future.

The safety part of the system has not been needed yet but it is nice to know it is there.

Quick Reply: Can I buy just the "ENFORM" service for RX350?