RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Just Jumped!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-11, 02:10 PM
Fiddledd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Jumped!

Just committed to a 2012 RX 450h!!! After moving too slowly on others and missing out, I'm jumping on this one while it is still on the ship. White with black interior, FWD, navigation, etc etc etc. I've heard different things regarding the fuel requirements for this one - those of you who already own them, what are you using? I've never owned a vehicle which takes anything other than regular unleaded. I'm still in shock - not sure whether to dance or cry. Or both!
Old 10-17-11, 02:49 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Pop open a bottle of red and throw the steaks on the grill, time to celebrate

The web site indicates it's regular so good for you . I've grown accustomed to buying the expensive stuff but the way price fluctuates it's no big deal anymore. Anyway I'm getting great mileage and that's the reason I bought the (h). In a few months with oil back over $90 a barrel you'll feel very good about your choice.

When is it due at the dealer ???
Originally Posted by Fiddledd
Just committed to a 2012 RX 450h!!! After moving too slowly on others and missing out, I'm jumping on this one while it is still on the ship. White with black interior, FWD, navigation, etc etc etc. I've heard different things regarding the fuel requirements for this one - those of you who already own them, what are you using? I've never owned a vehicle which takes anything other than regular unleaded. I'm still in shock - not sure whether to dance or cry. Or both!
Old 10-17-11, 03:20 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats Fiddledd. Can't wait to see pictures with that color combo. My vote is to dance
Old 10-17-11, 05:57 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First chance you get, go out and dance in the rain

http://www.google.com/search?q=dance...w=1280&bih=796
Old 10-18-11, 08:43 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations are in order. I know you are gonna love it.
Old 10-18-11, 02:54 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Ahh....nothing beats the smell of new car. Congrats.
Old 10-18-11, 04:41 PM
JohnS
Driver

How are the LED low beams on the 450 different from the bi-xenon HIDs on the 350?
I know there are two of the LEDs but are they brighter in some way than the HIDs or do they just look cooler?
Old 10-18-11, 04:47 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

The LEDs are weak compared to HIDs. The bi-xenons on my 330 were better. But I had to have them. They're definitely cool looking and so sexy
Old 10-18-11, 04:57 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Like Anita said the LED's are cool because they're the latest hi-tech but for me it's about the quality and amount of the light. The HID's are high-tech as well. The lamp burns with one intensity when it's on. High and low beam is by using a shutter to partially block the lamp for low beam. That should help the lifespan. The color and contrast from behind the wheel are exceptionally good. I've walked down the street and looked back when they're on and low beam does not blind the oncoming driver any more than LED's or the older halogen bulbs. Also they come with ALS (auto leveling system) and the inboard lamp turns with the wheel direction corresponding with the speed of the car. I really love that

But they're all good, decide and get your preference.
Originally Posted by JohnS
How are the LED low beams on the 450 different from the bi-xenon HIDs on the 350?
I know there are two of the LEDs but are they brighter in some way than the HIDs or do they just look cooler?
Old 10-19-11, 03:05 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm. I didn't white/black was hard to find. I just bought a 450h last month with white/black. Didn't get the Levinson (had it in my GS) and while the Levinson is very nice, honestly I don't miss it that much.
Old 10-19-11, 08:20 AM
Fiddledd
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, friends! It's due into port in San Diego on the 20th (tomorrow!) - and should be at the dealer around November 1st. Just looked at the printout of what is on it, and it has the HID headlamps - are those brighter? hope so, because I have difficulty seeing well at night anyway and need good headlights. Under optional equipment is listed: Comfort Package, 12 speaker Premium Audio, 19" wheels, Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps with AFS, Navigation, Intuitive Parking Assist, Premium Package, remote start.... they are adding window tint and mud flaps for me. :-)
Old 10-19-11, 08:23 AM
Fiddledd
Driver School Candidate

And by the way, I'm the one whose current vehicle is being repurchsed under lemon law (it was NOT a Lexus). It'll be turned in next week. I'm very disappointed in that purchase, because I loved the car when I bought it in January. But I'm very grateful for the lemon law and the manufacturer doing the right thing in giving my money back. They do get points for that.
Old 10-19-11, 09:15 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddledd
And by the way, I'm the one whose current vehicle is being repurchsed under lemon law (it was NOT a Lexus). It'll be turned in next week. I'm very disappointed in that purchase, because I loved the car when I bought it in January. But I'm very grateful for the lemon law and the manufacturer doing the right thing in giving my money back. They do get points for that.
Which car do you have that is considered a lemon?
Old 10-20-11, 04:27 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Levinson system

Originally Posted by The X Men
The Levinson system in the GS is one of the worst in the Lexus line.
I think I have to agree with you but it still is a discernible difference. Probably not worth the extra $ you pay for the difference but it was installed in the GS that had the color & options I wanted so it was not a deal breaker. I haven't even heard the Levinson in the RX line; is it similar to the system in the GS?
Old 10-20-11, 04:49 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I think ML in the 3rd gen RX is pretty decent. I haven't heard it in other gens so I can't say if it's better. It could use more bass.

Quick Reply: Just Jumped!