RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Exterior Lighting Upgrade Part 1 (Photos and review)

Old 09-01-11, 11:04 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Lighting Upgrade Part 1 (Photos and review)

Got my RX350 a few months ago.
Decide to start modding it.
First is LED upgrades.

The LED reverse lights are 1.5w high powered super white LEDs, with a projector that allows the light to be more focused and travel further. As you can see in the pictures, the light intensity is very good.

The reverse LED lights helps me during night time parking outdoors as well as inside parkades and underground parking that are often poorly lit. I can actually see the difference the LEDs make in the rear view monitor as well as in my backup camera screen when the car is in reverse.

The front marker lights are the same LEDs that I ordered from this Ebay seller. The front housing above the HID xenon projector is quite smaller, which explains why the light spread pattern is not as pronounced as the reverse lights (bigger housing). Very happy with them because I plan to match those up when I upgrade my D4S HIDs and will consider HID kit for foglights or just very bright LEDs for the foglights. The factory HID projectors do most of the job in lighting up the road at night, so to me the foglights are kind of like accessory lights. In the region I live in, there is rarely any fog, so most people use foglights as "dress-up" lights.

I guess some of the pictures didn't turn out that well. I just have a point and shoot Canon camera. In person, it is significantly brighter and the colour output is just perfect IMO.

Overall, very happy with these 1.5w high power LEDs with a projector design. I have tried many LEDs in my previous cars and these are way brighter than the former. Indeed, it is important to note that LEDs do come in different grade levels (A,B,C, etc) just like diamonds and what not. I have a few close friends that also purchased LEDs and HIDs from this seller and have absolutely no problems for at least 2-3 years. I plan on getting more LEDs for the interior from this Ebay seller in the near future. I will post more reviews and updates when I get some new goodies for my ride.

Btw, seller's ID is autopage268.

Linky: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...ht_6595wt_1041

Sorry for the big pictures. I resized them already prior to uploading them. Thought I share with fellow members about these high quality, bright LEDs.
I've had bad experiences with LED sellers on ebay located in China and Hong Kong. I would advise that everyone do their research before buying LEDs. I highly recommend getting LED products from this seller.

Any positive comments and suggestions are welcomed. Cheers!
Reverse Lights

Front marker lights

Old 09-02-11, 02:28 AM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

that looks great! you should try out our CREE projector reverse bulbs!!!! I guarantee you will like it a lot better than the regular LED reverse bulbs you have on your car now
Old 09-03-11, 02:49 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

As a side note, the LED lights are much whiter than they appear in the photos. I guess it's time for me to get a DSLR! LOL =)

JLCLightings: thanks for the complements. I will do some more research about the CREE LEDs, although I have been told many people are copying Philips, who is the original maker and founder of CREE LEDs. BTW, who is the manufacturer for the CREE LEDs you are selling? It's good to get some info now, might be interested later.
Old 09-03-11, 04:17 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

CREE is a world renounced led manufacturer located right here in the United States.

As for our CREE LED Reverse Lights, we purchase the LED chips directly from CREE and we manufacture the LED reverse lights ourselves, under JLC Lighting. If you ever need any info or got any questions, shoot us a PM