RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Add Intuitive Parking Assist

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 06:02 AM
rxgs2011
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Adding Intuitive Park Assist

Originally Posted by micox48
Does anyone know how much it cost to add intuitive parking assist? I just purchased a 2010 RX350 from CarMax and that was the only feature on the car it doesn't have that I really want.
$700.00 Approx. I too wanted to add the park assist to my 2010 RX450h, and the service advisor told me it could be done. When I talked to the man at the dealership who coordinated the after market installation of the system, all the details were revealed. The after market Park Assist is NOT exactly like the factory installed option. The dashboard integration is absent. Don't expect to get the display in the dash that shows the car and which sensor is detecting proximity. The after market equipment puts red LEDs in the rear headliner above the rear window. Only rear sensors are provided. An alert beeper is provided that is mounted in the tailgate or rear section of the car. Holes are drilled in the bumper and larger sensors mounted like the older Cadillac sensors that fit in from outside the bumper, not from inside. The sensors are painted the color of the car, but I have seen them left black, as they come out of the box. You have to get a body shop to paint them to match the car. My dealership provides that with installation for about $700.00. I decided against the after market solution, and bought a new RX 5 years later with the option factory installed. The factory option includes sensitivity adjustment and front and rear sensors. Warning sound volume can be adjusted and comes out of the stereo speakers. They just don't offer that after market.
Old 03-25-16, 05:53 AM
Kasibona
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is DEST? HANDLE?
Old 04-10-16, 09:13 AM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lesguy
In this pic, I see the installed grey buzzer. Was the plug for the buzzer, located right there in that spot on your RX350? I have no no empty plugs/no empty connector right there on mine. I do see the white and yellow wires that are going to the underside of the grey buzzer. Were those wires and the connector tucked away down under that silver/grey box that's show in your pic?
Finally found the plug for the beeper. It's not under the silver box but taped onto a wiring harness on drivers side of the silver box. Barely able to see it but it's there. Factory parking assist fully retrofitted with sound and with on-screen display

Last edited by lesguy; 04-10-16 at 09:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
stevies30 (07-23-20)
Old 04-12-16, 05:59 AM
Rx350vn
2nd gear

Congratulations on your success in finding cord offline @lesguy

Last edited by Rx350vn; 04-12-16 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-17-16, 07:02 PM
lebahawk
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Finally found the plug for the beeper. It's not under the silver box but taped onto a wiring harness on drivers side of the silver box. Barely able to see it but it's there. Factory parking assist fully retrofitted with sound and with on-screen display

good work Lesguy! ... can you do a write up on this to include all the parts needed with the part numbers and total cost for this mod. it will be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-25-16, 06:58 PM
MarkG2000
Rookie

Bought GS 200t and we thought..."told" it had Intuitive Parking Assist...but
it didn't. It only had BACK-UP...we HIT the ceiling when we found out otherwise.
Our fault...but we screamed..murder.

What came of this!
Lexus is going to put it in...Company will pay for HALF..and the
sales guy is going to pay the other half.
We feel bad about the young guy paying.

I think we'll pay the other half.
Cost from what we were told...$800.
Now the question is...is it Lexus equipment or 3rd party
Old 08-30-16, 03:31 PM
X-TNSIV
Driver

Great job guys! I may plan on doing this myself as well!

Now you just have to figure out how to retro-fit the blind spot monitoring system!!!
Old 09-05-16, 10:40 AM
MarkG2000
Rookie

Yes...DON'T DO IT! Comes from Korea..and looks like CRAP.
We even had the Dealership install it..the guy came to the
house..put it in. We had the Disgusting looking color light
thing BEHIND the dash as it was a very bad eyesore.
It still doesn't work..and there is NO BUTTON to turn it
off or on.
We asked for a button or switch...he never came back.
Make SURE it's factory..FACTORY!!!!!!
Old 10-02-18, 08:23 PM
Yordan
Driver School Candidate

funny. My ordered parts (used ECU and used wiring harness, both from ebay) just arrived in the mail.

ECU definitely works and the vehicle definitely appears to be prewired. A few pics

Parking Assist wiring plug, connected to the 'fake" ECU. (The beige/light tan colored box at the top of the pic)

Wire unplugged

Wire plugged into the Parking Assist ECU obtained from Ebay

Results (note: no sensors plugged in yet)

Hello, I know that this is an old thread and post, but I am trying to follow your lead and install the park assist on my Lexus RX 350 2010 and I'm having a hard time of removing the yellow plastic ECU and replacing it with the actual ECU module. Is held by clips and if yes how to pull out? Do I have to remove the glovebox and the air bag on the passenger's side in order to take this out?
Many thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
Old 04-20-19, 11:50 AM
neeleshbo
Driver School Candidate

Default Parking assist

Hi. Just bought a used Lexus RC300H Sport 2016. There is no front and rearparki g sensors. Am willingto add OEM parts that works with the Ecu. Can you guys help

since it appears no one has attempted this and documented it start to finish, I guess I'll be the first to dive in. The ECU and wiring harness has been ordered (used off of ebay). I have confirmed that I can visually spot the wiring for the front sensors and I've spotted the "fake" plastic placeholder ECU up under the front passenger side underpanel under the glovebox. ECU and harness should be here next week. I see a lot of aftermarket bumper sensors on ebay (China) for a fraction of OEM new cost. I also see used OEM for twice as much as China ebay, but still 1/4 of the cost of brand new. I also have found info where painting sensors with a thin layer of paint will result on minimal degradation to sensor sensitivity. I may go with used OEM and paint.

Stay tuned for those interested in adding OE parking assist option/feature
Old 09-15-19, 08:35 PM
poya131
Driver School Candidate

Default parking assistance for RX450H

Hi all,
any one did the same to install park assist on RX450h 2010?
Old 09-16-19, 03:30 AM
poya131
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
is part 2 required as well?
where part 2 and 3 located?
Old 12-25-19, 11:22 AM
CaFobulous
Driver School Candidate

Default Spacing and dimensions of bumper sensors?

Looking to add rear parking sensors but for the life of me can't seem to find someone in the East Bay / Bay Area with one so I can take measurements.

There is a good write-up I plan to follow but plan to take the rear bumpers to add aftermarket lane assist? Anyone had any write ups or simple steps?

Thanks
Old 07-23-20, 09:32 AM
stevies30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see this thread has been revived because this is a good mod. Did anyone ever make a list of the parts and part numbers necessary to do this?

Last edited by stevies30; 07-23-20 at 10:31 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-23-20, 10:22 AM
stevies30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it possible to add OE lane assist?

Quick Reply: Add Intuitive Parking Assist