RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trouble with 2011 RX350 brake clicking boise and vibration what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 03:33 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

That is how the outcome should be. Enjoy your ride...

From your name, you might be Viet. Xin Cha`o....
Old 05-05-11, 03:45 PM
Brew1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good news, too bad about all the hassle though.....
Old 05-05-11, 07:33 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
That is how the outcome should be. Enjoy your ride...

From your name, you might be Viet. Xin Cha`o....
Yes I am Viet born and came when I was 8

Originally Posted by Brew1
That's good news, too bad about all the hassle though.....

There service department was very polite and treated me with respect and I do thank them for the loaner and updating me every step of the way with my car. But there nothing like the feeling of driving your own car.
Old 05-09-11, 09:16 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:sigh:

the noise keeps coming back and now I have to take the car back to JM lexus tomorrow morning to drop the car off to get it looked at again.
Old 07-27-11, 07:20 AM
readyride
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having the same problem.....

Originally Posted by DINH300
At 5:32pm today I got a phone call from JM lexus service department and they have looked at it and test drove the car in several times and have not found the source of the noise. They have been noticing it more and more as they test drive more. He began to explain to me it couldn't have been a loose bolt because they have torque every bolt up to specs. He begins to tell me they will have to take the car apart piece by piece to find the source of the problem and the car will be down for at least 3 or more days.

Ok at this point I am very concern, what I want to know now is about the Lemon law and does this effect me?

Wanting to know if they ever found the problem? Also what did u do? Thought since it was brand new... I didn't feel that this should be a concern... Now I have 1700 miles on my RX350 and it's driving me crazy... I feel it is getting worse... What to do? I went to a local mechanic... he heard the noise and felt it in the brake.. he took tire off" he felt that there was to much play in the brake pad.. now I need to go drive it and see if I here the noise.... The mechanic told me to online search if I could find someone else that has the same problem... So that is what I am doing! Please let me know what you have done!
Old 07-28-11, 08:46 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
:sigh:

the noise keeps coming back and now I have to take the car back to JM lexus tomorrow morning to drop the car off to get it looked at again.
Dinh, I sure hope they can isolate what's going on with your RX. I know it would really concern me if I were driving with this problem. I would hope JM Lexus can resolve your problem. They are a huge dealership in South Florida. I kind of accidentally stumbled upon this dealership while I was in South Florida back in April. My sister-in-law bought the 2007 RX350 that I had leased for four years, and we were were up in that area for my nephew's tennis tournament. Luckily I had followed them in my 2010 RX because I didn't want to be there all day and wanted to leave whenever I felt like leaving.

Well, we were on a break and going to lunch and my brother was riding with me followed by my sister-in-law and my nephew in the '07 RX, and all of a sudden that car broke down. We had to have it towed to the nearest Lexus dealership which turned out to be JM Lexus. I was taken aback by how large the dealership was! At least three times bigger than Lexus of Tampa Bay.

Turned out, it was the Air conditioner, I think the compressor froze up causing the car to stall. Luckily, she purchased an extended warranty on the car, and the whole thing was covered. She paid about $2000 for a warranty that covered a $4,000 repair!!

So I hope JM can resolve your problem. Good Luck!!