RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

The RX350 vs Lincoln Variant (service loaners compared)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-11, 07:10 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The RX350 vs Lincoln Variant (service loaners compared)

I'm a is 250 owner who had a RX350 as a loaner and hated it.... the i drive, the lame graphics of the screen.....the whole experience was just bad.

Now I have a Lincoln suv till Monday, a 2011 MKX

I gotta tell you, they got EVERYTHING right about the interior and controlling your experience, the SYNC system is bad ***!! Why can't lexus come up with beautiful screens and dashboards like this!

This is in 2D mode, there is a 3d mode too, I'll snap pics tomorrow.

These are LCD screens baby, only physical thing is the speed needle

Beautiful!

Notice the shading on the tach?!

The overall experience is excellent. Very quiet and fast!

Last edited by Jmags; 03-17-11 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-17-11, 07:17 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

http://tinypic.com/r/dfvjbs/7
Old 03-17-11, 07:21 PM
Killer_IS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice, yo Jmags do you live in montauk???
Old 03-17-11, 07:22 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Killer_IS
nice, yo Jmags do you live in montauk???
No lol, I just set it to some random address so I didn't give away my home address
Old 03-17-11, 07:25 PM
Killer_IS
Rookie

oh lol, bc i was going to say. We need more people out here in East Hampton to meet and stuff
Old 03-17-11, 07:32 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Ill give you that sync is nice, but the car is hideous (inside and out) styling wise. American car makers still dont know how to implement chrome tastefully, they think the more the better. And the lincoln grin up front is ghastly.

the only reasons why sync is nice is bc Ford was smart enough to outsource the important stuff to another company, ie microsoft.
Old 03-17-11, 07:41 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't like the dash at all. Way too busy. I am a less is more kind a guy. Enjoy your trips to the service department, you will be there. I have a friend with a Lincoln and he is there far more than I would like to be.

To each his own, I hope you enjoy.
Old 03-17-11, 07:47 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

vid of the other side
http://tinypic.com/r/iz7psk/7
Old 03-17-11, 07:49 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I don't like the dash at all. Way too busy. I am a less is more kind a guy. Enjoy your trips to the service department, you will be there. I have a friend with a Lincoln and he is there far more than I would like to be.

To each his own, I hope you enjoy.
LoL it's a free car for three days they actually dropped it off early, I have it form Thursday at 4pm to Monday at 11am

I signed up here
http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=2642491...N3016.yahooInc
Old 03-17-11, 07:52 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXSF
Ill give you that sync is nice, but the car is hideous (inside and out) styling wise. American car makers still dont know how to implement chrome tastefully, they think the more the better. And the lincoln grin up front is ghastly.

the only reasons why sync is nice is bc Ford was smart enough to outsource the important stuff to another company, ie microsoft.
The outside is pretty ugly, but the interior is far beyond the RX350.

There's like 4 cig lighter ports for power, 2 USB ports to connect Ipods/phones... and a RCA audio video in...
Old 03-18-11, 07:22 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by The X Men
The RX350 have a I-drive system????

I hope BMW doesnt found out Lexus stole their I-drive
U know what i mean :P
Old 03-18-11, 08:57 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I agree, toys are nice but the MKX is pretty fugly. I don't see them on the road. My parents looked at it a little over a year ago. They thought it was priced too high for what it was and a bit on the cheap side. So they wound up getting the MKS instead. From what I've seen on their MKS, the nav and other controls are not user friendly. Dowloading a CD to the hard drive takes 15 minutes. About the only things I liked that are not found on the RX, and I know it's not an SUV, are the tire pressure monitoring system that shows tire location and heated seats in the back.

Personally you couldn't pay me enough to drive any Ford or Lincoln vehicle. Never going to make that mistake again.
Old 03-18-11, 09:57 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

I had the choice between the two and went with the RX after the test drive. I felt that the Lincoln didn't have the giddyup that the RX has especially on the highway when attempting to pass. I also felt that the interior was inferior to the RX. The interior on the RX is simple yet delivers. The Lincoln felt like something was going to break.

The leather in the RX is soft and feels nice. The Lincoln felt like I was sitting on a rough cardboard box that didn't give much.

The SYNC is awesome and I will give the Lincoln that, but I don't dislike the RX's system. If the minor oversights in the RX could be fixed it would be closer in this area.

Overall the RX was just better. Plus I did the research and could not find any bad reviews on the RX. The Lincoln, well, its a Ford product.
Old 03-18-11, 02:27 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

My sister was just looking at thee Lincoln suv, and said to the salesman, "I don't see many of these on the road"....his response? Shhh, its because people can't afford them. Her response: "I see plenty Lexus' on the road!"
Old 03-18-11, 02:48 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ebenz315
My sister was just looking at thee Lincoln suv, and said to the salesman, "I don't see many of these on the road"....his response? Shhh, its because people can't afford them. Her response: "I see plenty Lexus' on the road!"
LOL! But getting back to the MKX, I actually like the exterior and interior of the new MKX, although I think trying to learn how to use SYNC would be a little bit of a challenge. My problem would be with the dealership. The Lincoln dealership is mixed together with the Ford dealership, and I don't think you'll be getting that Lexus treatment!

Right before I got my 2010 Lexus, I had gone with my sister-in-law as she was looking at some Lincoln Navigators at the Ford/Lincoln dealership. I've gotta say I was pretty turned off by the way we were treated. It was that typical, oh, these are women who don't know anything about vehicles type of attitude. I told my sister-in-law no thanks, we're outta here!

Quick Reply: The RX350 vs Lincoln Variant (service loaners compared)