RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

RX dissapointment #13

Old 02-22-11, 04:43 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New thread same complaints. I think most of us on here purchased the RX because we liked it over the other options. We made the choice to go with it and I, for one, couldn't be happier.

Everytime I go on a trip I am reminded of why I got this vehicle. No need to go into specifics here. My wife is the primary driver as she uses it daily for work and kid transport. I feel that my family is well taken care of and safe.

All the positives make me forget about the "little things" mentioned here. Would I like for the overhead buttons to be illuminated? You bet. Would I like dual exhaust? Yes. Did I know these things before I bought the RX? Yes. Still the right decision in my book.
Old 02-23-11, 10:12 PM
tC350
Driver

Sounds like you should've got the NAV with the 8 inch screen, don't complain about the Rav4 having a bigger mirror screen....thats just petty
Old 02-23-11, 10:20 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lalin
That's not the point. I am not saying that the RAV is a better car than the RX.
My complain is that Lexus took the cheap road in MANY instances compared with cars that cost almost half of it.
Just a couple of examples:
My Pilot shows which tire is low and which door is opened. The RX does not.
The Pilot as ALL the buttons lit up. The RX does not.
Every single Toyota V6, and even MANY 4 cylinder cars have dual exhausts. The RX has one.
No full size spare tire.
A coin holder designed for a 99 cent store.
No sun glasses holder.
All those improvements dont add up more than a couple hundred dollars, especially at the manufacturers level.
A luxury car that is supposed to be "the pursuit of perfection" and omits such basic things falls quite short in my book.
Well, what's frustrating for us that drove the previous generation RX(second generation) is that that vehicle did have the homelink buttons lit up, it did have a full-sized spare, it did have a sunglass holder, and the power plugs were located where you could see them easily and have easy access to them, and that vehicle also had all four doors that had the illuminated kick plates. I don't have any experience with the rear camera in the rearview mirror, so I can't comment on that.

Bottom line is that while I'm still enjoying driving the 2010 RX, I would say I kind of miss my '07 RX quite a bit. My lucky sister-in-law is driving that vehicle now!
Old 02-24-11, 03:25 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no one vehicle that is going to have all the features one may like. I agree the buttons should be illuminated, along with a glovebox light, and I can't figure out why Lexus continues to have an odometer that CAN'T show total mileage plus the selected trip distance at the same time. C'mon, that is so basic. Why we have to cycle through the ODO ---> Trip 1 ---> Trip 2 system to switch between them is nuts.
Old 02-24-11, 04:34 PM
lalin
Rookie

[QUOTE=EMSLEXUSRX;6171931]Well, what's frustrating for us that drove the previous generation RX(second generation) is that that vehicle did have the homelink buttons lit up, it did have a full-sized spare, it did have a sunglass holder, and the power plugs were located where you could see them easily and have easy access to them, and that vehicle also had all four doors that had the illuminated kick plates. I don't have any experience with the rear camera in the rearview mirror, so I can't comment on that.

AMEN!
Old 02-24-11, 04:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Let's go back to the 1st gen with no power liftgate and optional everything because there were only two very basic packages. I believe the main difference between the two being cloth or leather. Lexus has come a long way, it's taken a few years, and yes there are areas of improvement. But all in all, we're talking about features that don't affect the way the RX drives or leave you stranded on the side of the road. Maybe Lexus will listen and make some of the changes. In the meantime I'll appreciate my RX for what it is.
Old 02-24-11, 08:02 PM
hensta
Driver School Candidate

It's a good thing the Nav with large rear view camera is an option. Sorry to hear the original poster missed out on that one. Then he'd only be at disappointment #12, but still should have sold it for something else at disappointment #3.
Old 03-02-11, 02:23 PM
Barrington
Rookie

We just picked up a new 2011 RX350 with the backup camera and it seems fine to me but I certainly do not rely only on it and always look in every direction for things to avoid. There will always be something that we wish were better/different. I wish it had more storage compartments and a larger console area to store stuff and of course the lit garage door button but overall it seems very nice so far.