RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Dirty RXs ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 05:10 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I'd like to know where Joeb's RX is too considering we're in the same sorry state. Ain't no clean cars around here except the garage queens.
Old 01-10-11, 05:21 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I just had my RX washed, and I promise you the salt was all the way up to the windows, not good!! I'll grab a few photo's after wednesday, when it'll be all salty again...

I'll try to take photo's of my brothers RX450h as well, maybe park my RX300 next to his to see who win's...
Old 01-11-11, 03:56 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
I'd like to know where Joeb's RX is too considering we're in the same sorry state. Ain't no clean cars around here except the garage queens.
My RX is dirty just from snow melting on it.Also driving on some snow melting wet roads here and there.
Old 01-11-11, 02:41 PM
gladiator9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snow!! Than's exactly why we go to Arizona for 3 or 4 months in the winter. We live in British Columbia in the interior where we have a fairly mild winter, but still get some snow. Not much this year according to our kids, however our Lexus did get a taste of the white stuff when we were driving through Montana in Nov.
Hopefully it will all be gone when we return to BC in April.
Have a great winter.
Jim
Old 01-11-11, 03:25 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry about the darkness of the photos. I start work in the dark and get home in the dark and the photo was taken with my iPhone. My RX was already dirty, then a big truck splashed a huge amount of salty muck all over my RX.
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-photo.jpg   Dirty RXs ;)-photo1.jpg  
Old 01-11-11, 03:32 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Dayum Benny that is bad! Was it salt coming out of the sky instead of snow? At least the upper part of my doors are the true color and I can see through the windows. Call me crazy but it's almost more fun to look at them all dirty. Sure beats the 'it's too cold to wash my RX' blues.
Old 01-11-11, 05:41 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Well it sure felt like salt and mud were falling from the sky when that truck splashed it all over my RX Anita. I'll have to get it cleaned this week, it is hard to open the car without getting all dirty.
Old 01-11-11, 05:56 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Egad, that's bad.

I'd be getting phone calls from the neighbors with something like that parked in the driveway. Got a reputation to uphold...

Back a few years ago, there was a salt shortage. A local condiment company donated garlic salt to the street crews. Getting it on your car made you salivate and seek italian food.

This year a nearby town is trying to save money. They are spraying their salt with beet juice. Gives it a nice reddish tint.

Benny get that car cleaned up before mother Lexus sees it and takes it back due to owner neglect...
Old 01-11-11, 06:30 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Egad, that's bad.

I'd be getting phone calls from the neighbors with something like that parked in the driveway. Got a reputation to uphold...

Back a few years ago, there was a salt shortage. A local condiment company donated garlic salt to the street crews. Getting it on your car made you salivate and seek italian food.

This year a nearby town is trying to save money. They are spraying their salt with beet juice. Gives it a nice reddish tint.

Benny get that car cleaned up before mother Lexus sees it and takes it back due to owner neglect...
Geez, garlic salt and beet juice? What were they thinking?

Snow is already falling here. There should be around a foot on the ground by the time it ends tomorrow afternoon. My RX might start looking more like Benny's if work is open. The plan is to give him a bath by the weekend. But he'll only stay clean for a day or two. Another storm is brewing for next Tuesday.
Old 01-12-11, 06:49 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

We're in the middle of a snow storm now. The drive to work was slick, the car does slide a bit on its all seasons, winter tires would definitely be better with this greasy feeling snow on the roads. However, never did I worry that I'd get stuck, that's for sure.

My car won't get cleaned until the snow is cleaned up, although I am bringing it in again to the dealership to have them take a second run at swashing the interior rattles.
Old 01-12-11, 07:24 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Benny, good luck on getting the rattles fixed. I haven't had any, then again the radio is cranked while I'm driving most of the time

So there's about 8" of snow on the ground from the storm last night into this morning. Work closed Still had to go out there and dig everything out including my RX marshmallow But he'll melt, the sun is out already and the roads are pretty clear.
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-snowy-rx.jpg  
Old 01-13-11, 11:36 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Definitely seen cleaner days;

Old 01-14-11, 12:49 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Well my RX is still dirty, the dealership called me and the guy who addresses interior noises is off sick today. I've rebooked for next week. I guess my RX will be dirty for another week. It is starting to snow here again so no use in getting the car cleaned today.
Old 01-14-11, 01:52 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Maybe we should turn this into a weekly contest

I'm still sporting a salty exterior. But the weather will break the freezing mark this weekend. Time to suit up and get out there.
Old 01-14-11, 04:09 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by cwd
Forget it Kitlz, you dont have a chance with a silver RX The dark color RX will always look dirtier
I know but mine is filthy right now by my standards. If I don't do something soon the color will change permantly Fortunately a nice little package showed up today to help me win the battle if only for a few days
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-img_0102.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dirty RXs ;)