RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Dirty RXs ;)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-11, 07:50 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's nice to see a clean RX once in a while. None around here recently including the one in my garage.
Old 03-11-11, 05:28 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Benny, David shared a few pictures of his trip in your 450h. Snow melt was pretty bad and he took a few short cuts. It's not pretty, I warn you. I'm speechless
WTF? Is it real?
Old 03-11-11, 06:07 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ lol no its photoshop...I cant tell whether or not you are being sarcastic. haha
Old 03-11-11, 07:23 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Haha, shhhh...let me pretending to be.....
Old 03-21-11, 05:36 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Say it ain't snow!

Can't quite catch a break yet. At least the plows and salt trucks weren't out. That might be Wednesday
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-img_0193.jpg  
Old 03-21-11, 06:31 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Can't quite catch a break yet. At least the plows and salt trucks weren't out. That might be Wednesday
We normally send our weather from down here to you. But with upper 70's and sun here today and going into the 80's tomorrow, I think we'll hang on to it for a while .

Not saying our Southern Hospitality doesn't want to share but .....
Old 12-01-12, 01:43 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Default Got salt?

OK, it's about time to resurrect this thread. This is what the RX looked like after a few inches earlier this week. Wasn't much but the damage was done. Oh, and it felt better than it looked (NOT!).
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-img_0512.jpg  

Last edited by kitlz; 12-01-12 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-01-12, 02:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Slightly off topic but I'm surprised by the amount of snow you folks in the US east coast have had more than us folks in the Great White North the last couple of winters. Must be the crazy global warming patterns - the world truly is coming to an end.

Proof in your shot Anita that silver is the best color when it comes to masking dirt. If it weren't for the closeup shot, I'm sure it would look clean 10 feet away. Regardless, even up close looks pretty good and it shows you take care of your RX - look at how clean the wheels, tires and side glass are.

No accumulated snow yet in Toronto but some rain here and there so far with the odd snow flake. I haven't stopped pampering my F-Sport. To take care of the high-maintenance all black interior, today I bought a dedicated Swiffer Duster (yes my wife thinks I'm crazy). I store it in the glove box and got one for my CT as well to take care of her too!
Old 12-01-12, 10:47 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Slightly off topic but I'm surprised by the amount of snow you folks in the US east coast have had more than us folks in the Great White North the last couple of winters. Must be the crazy global warming patterns - the world truly is coming to an end.

Proof in your shot Anita that silver is the best color when it comes to masking dirt. If it weren't for the closeup shot, I'm sure it would look clean 10 feet away. Regardless, even up close looks pretty good and it shows you take care of your RX - look at how clean the wheels, tires and side glass are.

No accumulated snow yet in Toronto but some rain here and there so far with the odd snow flake. I haven't stopped pampering my F-Sport. To take care of the high-maintenance all black interior, today I bought a dedicated Swiffer Duster (yes my wife thinks I'm crazy). I store it in the glove box and got one for my CT as well to take care of her too!
I keep a Swiffer Duster in the map pocket in the passenger door of my RX, too, to pick up the dust that shows on my black interior. It's in the Lavender Vanilla scent! (LOL!) It smells nice!
Old 12-02-12, 05:24 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by EMSLEXUSRX
I keep a Swiffer Duster in the map pocket in the passenger door of my RX, too, to pick up the dust that shows on my black interior. It's in the Lavender Vanilla scent! (LOL!) It smells nice!
Not sure if I'm ready for the scented version. That's a huge step. LOL. Great minds think alike!
Old 12-02-12, 05:38 AM
BCRCornet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duster/window cleaner

I keep one of these in the driver's side door pocket. The fluffy side does a great job for dusting the interior. The smooth side cleans the windows, used dry - necessary, because of the hazy film that develops on the inside of the windshield, especially.
Old 12-02-12, 05:44 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I have a Swiffer in the glove compartment, LOL! It's unscented. I prefer Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night car jar as an air freshener. Now if the Swiffer only worked on exteriors...

corrado, I don't know what to expect weather wise anymore. Last year we only had that freak snow storm around Halloween. So far this is the second storm to hit the area. And winter hasn't even started. I was in Florida during the first snow early November. A little vacation turned escape post Hurricane Sandy. Next one might be Sunday. I'm going to have plenty of dirty pictures to share
Old 12-02-12, 06:14 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I should show this thread to my wife to show how I'm not the only one (male and female) that also have Swiffers or other varieties in their Lexus vehicles, and some scented to boot! LOL I'm not the only crazy one!

Maybe this is the Canadian in me speaking and although I can do without the cold weather, feet of snow, and dirty cars, it actually makes owning an SUV (RX) that much more fun.
Old 01-01-13, 05:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

So we finally got our first and second snow falls the last week in the Toronto area totaling about 15 cm and the F-Sport finally succumbed to the onslaught of filth.

Actually, I think it still looks pretty good. Also showing the valve caps I added on the car to complete the "mods". I couldn't resist showing off my CT which looks pretty sharp here
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-rx_dirty_1.jpg   Dirty RXs ;)-rx_dirty_2.jpg   Dirty RXs ;)-rx_dirty_3.jpg   Dirty RXs ;)-ct_dirty.jpg  
Old 01-01-13, 06:07 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Aw, the F-Sport will be clean again, in spring My RXh survived the three storms last week relatively unscathed. I didn't have to go anywhere, work was closed. So there's just a film of salt dust. And no snow in the foreseeable future

Quick Reply: Dirty RXs ;)