RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPod Scrolling - FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-11, 10:50 AM
tacomaboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really itching for this fix. I took my car into my dealership and the only TSB they can find is for the 3350 firmware, which I already have, and is a bad version.

Can anyone who has gotten their dealership to fix their car *PLEASE* PM me so I can call that dealership and have them contact my dealership locally so they can fix it?

Funny thing is the HS loaner they gave us has the same issue, so I know they could really use this fix in the service dept. I spoke directly with the tech and he said his wife has an IS with the same issue and he would love the fix as well!!
Old 01-06-11, 06:55 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll apologize again. I don't own a PC computer and paying the fee to enter the the TSB database requires a PC.

I'll be happy to search the database for the appropriate bulletin, but not sure when I'll be near a PC.

I know it's been stated before, but the change is from 350 to 35A and iPod scrolling is improved. I haven't seen the service bulletin, but my advisor had no problem getting the fix.

Sorry for what may seem like my procrastination.
Old 01-12-11, 02:57 PM
rattmobbin
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by yahj
this TSB is it for non-nav too?
+1. I can't stand this behavior in our RX.
Old 01-13-11, 01:26 PM
tacomaboy
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have the name of a dealership that was able to get this fixed??
Old 01-13-11, 02:42 PM
DunWkg
Racer

My service advisor is off for a while.

Why don't you try emailing Lexus customer service. They always get back to me, if the answer is available.

Provide as much information as possible and include your VIN and perhaps they will give you the specific TSB. Include your dealership's name, your service advisor's name and maybe customer service will contact them.

http://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/ask
Old 01-13-11, 08:11 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

after 2 visits and leading by the hand, my dealer applied the aforementioned tsb and it now works the right way.
Old 06-08-11, 05:10 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

has anyone IN CANADA had this problem fixed by the dealership? I inquired again at my dealership and they said it does not exist, although they said there's a nav update coming in September.

I would really like to have this fixed as I'm taking the RX in for service in a few days.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-11, 05:37 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default In Canada, Eh?

Originally Posted by DOUS
has anyone IN CANADA had this problem fixed by the dealership? I inquired again at my dealership and they said it does not exist, although they said there's a nav update coming in September.

I would really like to have this fixed as I'm taking the RX in for service in a few days.

Thanks!
I took my car in this morning for its 12-month service (to Regency Lexus, in Vancouver). I had tried in February to have firmware version 3357 (or better) installed, and even brought in the [U.S.] TSB number. No joy - they disavowed all knowledge of the TSB or the firmware upgrade.

I tried again this morning, with the same result.
Old 06-13-11, 10:47 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Originally Posted by Hal56
after 2 visits and leading by the hand, my dealer applied the aforementioned tsb and it now works the right way.
I don't get it. Why should we have to do the research when the dealers should know? I tried to get this fixed and the SA told me that the tsb was not for the scrolling issue.

I should have known. They said the same about my "auto hatch" not existing but after showing them the instructions I got off the web they were able to do it.

I take our RX for the 10K service in a couple of weeks and I am going to complain to get this fixed.
Old 06-13-11, 03:43 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Go to the main Lexus Facebook page and seek some help. State your case calmly and explicitly and you should receive an answer there.

Maybe Canadian sold RX's are different??

Sorry for your inconvenience. I have one other suggestion, but it takes the cooperation of your service advisor. Hook up your iPod/iPhone to a new RX and show him/her how it scrolls. Then hook up to your car and show him/her the difference. Try to get an RX in your model year.

There is a fix for RX sold in US.

Yes, unfortunately, you may need to dig up your own TSB.
Old 06-14-11, 12:00 PM
stw2046
Driver

Mine's done too!
A lot of those service guys at the dealerships will tell you they never heard of this and that....
Just tell(or let them know) you forked over $50k+ for this thing and they better look it up for you. Seriously
Old 06-14-11, 03:09 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by stw2046
Mine's done too!
A lot of those service guys at the dealerships will tell you they never heard of this and that....
Just tell(or let them know) you forked over $50k+ for this thing and they better look it up for you. Seriously
I thought about it. You're right and I'm wrong.

So k9shelly1,
Darn right, you (we) paid for a working car. Demand that service advisor pull his head out and find the TSB. Many of us have had the repair done, you should too!!

Although those Lexus customer service guys that hang out on Facebook can make things happen too!!
Old 06-14-11, 05:38 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
I took my car in this morning for its 12-month service (to Regency Lexus, in Vancouver). I had tried in February to have firmware version 3357 (or better) installed, and even brought in the [U.S.] TSB number. No joy - they disavowed all knowledge of the TSB or the firmware upgrade.

I tried again this morning, with the same result.
GREAT NEWS!!!!

I took my wife's RX in for service maintenance this morning and left them 4 of our ipods to test.. lol.. in any case, they fixed the scrolling problem! They even updated the nav firmware, etc. The menu looks slightly different now (darker blue). I'll post a photo and video of the scrolling shortly.

When I called last week, they said there wasn't an update but they fixed it this morning anyway so it's available now.

You should go back and try to get them to do it this time.
Old 06-14-11, 05:59 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Here's a video of the fixed scrolling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCUlcMtabGQ
Old 06-14-11, 06:14 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by DOUS
GREAT NEWS!!!!
Okay, now look at your invoice is than any clue on there that you can give to k9shelly1 so they can take that to their service advisor and get the fix???

Quick Reply: iPod Scrolling - FIXED