RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

All Weather Mats

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-10, 10:58 PM
cschwartz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Weather Mats

Just bought a new 2010 RX 350 and need advice on if there are any good quality after market all weather mats. I know the original Toyota and Lexus all weather mats were recalled and never replaced. The dealer says these were supposed to be redesigned but so far nothing has been released. Please advise me on this.
Old 09-06-10, 06:35 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lots of discussion about all weather mats on this site. I got mine from weathertech and they fit well.
Old 09-06-10, 07:17 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm probably the only fan of the Lloyd's Rubbertites here. I've had them for years without any problems in the snow and rain. No wear or holes either. The driver and passenger side front mats have the holes to secure them on the clips, the rear passenger mat is one piece and the cargo mat fits perfectly. Note, the driver side mat does not go under the gas pedal. I have a feeling the Lexus mats will be designed the same way when they come out again. The Rubbertites are definitely different look-wise than the Lexus or Weathertech mats. That's one of the reason I like them so much. And they are less expensive too. I got the entire set for less than $140.
Old 09-06-10, 09:14 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggy1
Lots of discussion about all weather mats on this site. I got mine from weathertech and they fit well.
Weathertech all weather mats here too.
Great mats.
Old 09-06-10, 11:47 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cschwartz
Just bought a new 2010 RX 350 and need advice on if there are any good quality after market all weather mats. I know the original Toyota and Lexus all weather mats were recalled and never replaced. The dealer says these were supposed to be redesigned but so far nothing has been released. Please advise me on this.
Order them from Canada. Lexus has the redesigned AW mats available here. Note when installed, they are nowhere near the accelerator pedal. They are a high quality, heavy rubber design that uses the floor clips, although I doubt they would move if they weren't attached. Call Lexus Richmond Hill's Parts Department in Toronto; their mud guard prices were very aggressive prior to Sewell's lowering theirs.
Attached Thumbnails All Weather Mats-sam_0488-800x600.jpg   All Weather Mats-sam_0486-800x600.jpg  

Last edited by Johnny; 09-06-10 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-06-10, 12:10 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Johnny, they look nice. My driver side mat is pretty similar. Other than a little dirt underneath the gas pedal, the design works fine for me.
Attached Thumbnails All Weather Mats-get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg  
Old 09-06-10, 06:13 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Weather tech here, you can spill a HUGE super big gulp and NONE will get to the carpet, I got first row, second row and cargo liner. The two shown above do very little when snow and water are on your shoes. The water can roll off the side of the mat and get below the rubber mat and get moldy. The Weathertech are very nice. I will post pics later.
Old 09-06-10, 06:28 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
Weather tech here, you can spill a HUGE super big gulp and NONE will get to the carpet, I got first row, second row and cargo liner. The two shown above do very little when snow and water are on your shoes. The water can roll off the side of the mat and get below the rubber mat and get moldy. The Weathertech are very nice. I will post pics later.
yep, true story. I've got the cashmere interior in my GS and the salt/snow/other chemicals used have stained the carpet underneath my Lexus all-weather mats. I'm now using Weather Tech. They're not as thick, but they protect the carpet a lot better.
Old 09-06-10, 07:50 PM
watch37
Driver

I was told by the parts department of 3 different Lexus dealers that the Lexus all-weather mats have been redesigned and will be re-released mid-September. But, as they say, I'll believe it when I see it. I hope the info is true, as I'm anxious to get them before the bad weather arrives.
Old 09-06-10, 07:55 PM
watch37
Driver

Oopps, I didn't see Johnny's post with the new mats ... I guess they're now available after all! Thanks for the info Johnny.
Old 09-07-10, 01:26 AM
E12ic46
Driver

I have the lexus ones and nothing is near the foot pedal.
Old 09-07-10, 09:17 AM
atalsma
Driver School Candidate

Had the Weathertech's for about a month. Great fit. A little pricey but worth it. Wait til you spill something and it catches all the liquid. Or if you are in a cold weather region and you have to deal with snow, slush, and salt.
Old 09-07-10, 10:03 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by watch37
Oopps, I didn't see Johnny's post with the new mats ... I guess they're now available after all! Thanks for the info Johnny.
There weren't any stop-sale in Canada, only in the US market, so you could get it anytime in Canada. As for the US, they will be available sometime mid-September. It may not look the same.
Old 09-07-10, 10:41 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wyau01
There weren't any stop-sale in Canada, only in the US market, so you could get it anytime in Canada. As for the US, they will be available sometime mid-September. It may not look the same.
Probably won't be like the Canadian mats.
The replacement ES350 mat was of cheaper quality and much less of a 'all weather' mat.
I like the Weathertech all weather's over most other company mats because they look less 'trucklike' for a luxury vehicle and offer true all weather protection.The Weathertech floor liners provide more protection but are very trucklike to me.
Old 09-07-10, 11:47 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Joeb, I guess people will be buying the mats from Canada now. I can see the shortage coming. They'll be backordered for months. Or maybe our Canadian friends will scoop them all up and sell them to us at a premium

That's a shame about the lower quality. I haven't had Lexus mats since the 300. I wasn't too impressed with the quality and deterioration in the heel area. I'd sooner buy cheap mats every few months. I discovered Lloyds when I had the kick panels done on the 330. I needed something that could be cut to fit without looking cut. Lloyds mats fit the bill perfectly. The Rubbertites held up great over the years with little to no sign of wear. But I will say I like the design of the Canadian mats. They definitely do not look like the typical Lexus mats or remotely trucklike. I'm curious to see how they hold up, especially in the winter.

Quick Reply: All Weather Mats