RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Japan made RX come with coated?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 09:04 AM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japan made RX come with coated?

I'm about the pickup my Sport package 10 RX in Edmonton Canada this saturday, and I request dealership to complete undercoating and paint coating on the vehicle, but then the sales told me since the Sport package, and Ultra Premium package are both build from Japan, the vehicle is been coated before export to Canada.

Anyone know anything about this? I don't think the sale is BS since I will have to pay those service anyway.

I'm happy if this is true since I'm paying extra 2k for sport package from touring package, which I get sport tuned suspension, sport tuned steering wheel, polished wheel, head up display, VDIM, adaptive Front Lighting System, extra coating protection, and made from Japan !!!.

Sound like a really good deal
Old 06-16-10, 09:17 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

pretty sad when Canadians don't trust their own to build the same product....
Old 06-16-10, 09:27 AM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
pretty sad when Canadians don't trust their own to build the same product....
I'm sure there is a reason why the sport and ultra per. package are made only in Japan in the first place.

BTW, why dont you go drive an american car than a lexus?
Old 06-16-10, 10:04 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you sure those packages are only made in Japan? Seems weird. I guess as long as the VIN starts with J that might have some credibility.

As for the coatings, I highly doubt that there are differences like that between the Japan and Canadian factories. I generally find that salesmen will say anything to make you feel good about the purchase of a car.
Old 06-16-10, 10:51 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Canadian made RX's are notorious for having the front bumper issue where it pops out on the edges. Haven't heard much if anything about Japanese made RX's.
Old 06-16-10, 11:01 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by stonefan52
The Canadian made RX's are notorious for having the front bumper issue where it pops out on the edges. Haven't heard much if anything about Japanese made RX's.
Probably because they don't import as many.I got to believe that problem has been fixed by now.

Last edited by Joeb427; 06-16-10 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-16-10, 11:35 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by makalan
I'm sure there is a reason why the sport and ultra per. package are made only in Japan in the first place.

BTW, why dont you go drive an american car than a lexus?
Does Lexus have a plant in the USA?
Old 06-16-10, 12:08 PM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Does Lexus have a plant in the USA?
I'm refering american band car, not armerican builded car

BTW, I brought the car in Canada, doesnt mean I'm Canadian.

Please stop making non-informative post that just framing people.
Old 06-16-10, 12:12 PM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pbm317
Are you sure those packages are only made in Japan? Seems weird. I guess as long as the VIN starts with J that might have some credibility.

As for the coatings, I highly doubt that there are differences like that between the Japan and Canadian factories. I generally find that salesmen will say anything to make you feel good about the purchase of a car.
I mean they come with coated as I dont need to pay for those service, not refering the quality of the coating.
Old 06-16-10, 12:26 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

They (the dealer) should be able to provide you with a PDF file that explains exactly what will be done (services and parts added) at the port. The report looks like the sticker and lists the invoice date, ship date, port, vessel, etc. There will be a line that has the codes of what the port has to install upon receipt of the vehicle.

Last edited by jtrue28; 06-16-10 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-16-10, 03:16 PM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about the pickup my Sport package 10 RX in Edmonton Canada this saturday, and I request dealership to complete undercoating and paint coating on the vehicle, but then the sales told me since the Sport package, and Ultra Premium package are both build from Japan, the vehicle is been coated before export to Canada.

Anyone know anything about this? I don't think the sale is BS since I will have to pay those service anyway.

I'm happy if this is true since I'm paying extra 2k for sport package from touring package, which I get sport tuned suspension, sport tuned steering wheel, polished wheel, head up display, VDIM, adaptive Front Lighting System, extra coating protection, and made from Japan !!!.

Maybe these are new production requirement in Japan. all new LS now comes with scratch resistant paint [special coating] so maybe all other Lexus built in Japan are now getting the same treatment. This would be a huge improvement if this is true. I still don't think Canada assembled Lexus are any more prone to quality issue as the Japan assembled Lexus.
Old 06-16-10, 03:28 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sightdev
Maybe these are new production requirement in Japan. all new LS now comes with scratch resistant paint [special coating] so maybe all other Lexus built in Japan are now getting the same treatment. This would be a huge improvement if this is true. I still don't think Canada assembled Lexus are any more prone to quality issue as the Japan assembled Lexus.
I believe that new paint is just used on the LS.
I don't think Lexus would have some RX's having it and others not.
Old 06-16-10, 08:41 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm about the pickup my Sport package 10 RX in Edmonton Canada this saturday, and I request dealership to complete undercoating and paint coating on the vehicle
I don't think undercoating is required on most cars any longer because of all the plastics/materials used in wheel wells and other "under areas". Years ago I had all my cars undercoated. I don't think it's recommended any longer.

As far as a paint coating, a process was offered to me by the dealer which most say is not worth the extra money.
Old 06-16-10, 10:59 PM
ry888
Driver School Candidate

I dunno about the coating...Lucky u to get all the features like the remote touch & Heads up display..
Those r the coolest features for the RX which make it so special n unique.. Unfortunately, we don;t get it in here in Indonesia... ...Oh yeah, I just got my rx350 yesterday... Very satisfied w/ the build quality.. ride n performance has improved a lot compare to the previous model... overall, very happy w/ the purchase....