RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

XM Song Title and Artist not updating sporadically

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 09:38 AM
jamesbl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Song Title and Artist not updating sporadically

Have noticed this more times than not lately in my 2010 RX350 and it's getting quite annoying...I have full nav/xm integrated audio, etc. if that makes a difference, btw.

The issue I'm seeing is once I tune to an XM station, I see the current artist/title as usual. After that song ends and another one begins, however, the radio will still show the previous artist/title and won't update until I manually change the station to something else and come back.

Has anyone experienced this?

Best,
-jb
Old 05-24-10, 02:03 PM
Cough
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think some of it depends on the channel/station you are tuned to. I have noticed more delay on some channels but never had to change channels to get it to update.

A little off topic but has anyone figured a way around the 16 character display limit on titles and artists?
Old 05-24-10, 03:17 PM
jamesbl
Driver School Candidate

No, when this happens, it doesn't update ... PERIOD... until I change the channel and change it back.
Old 05-24-10, 08:52 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you provide some of channels you've usually experienced with this issue? So ppl here can give them a try.
Old 05-26-10, 04:18 PM
jay_man2
Rookie

I experience the same problem, and find that the only way to fix it is to shut off and re-start the vehicle. Just turning off and on the radio doesn't clear it up. It's very random.
Old 05-27-10, 01:24 AM
krypttic
Pole Position

This is happening to me too! It's only been happening lately on the music stations (I mostly listen to the 80's channel).
Old 05-28-10, 08:00 AM
oc34n
Driver School Candidate

I think it's weather related. When it gets too hot or too cold out, the XM kicks out and gets stuck on 'loading'. The only way to fix it is to stop and restart the car.

Sometimes XM will stay on but the song/artist won't update until I switch to another station and then switch back
Old 03-19-12, 09:01 AM
rog
Driver School Candidate

I can confirm this.. in warmer weather (usually over 72) it happens 50% of the time. Below 72, it hardly ever happens. The technician at my local Lexus told me he has had a few people mention the problem, but they don't know what causes it.
Old 03-21-12, 12:08 AM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Xm

The XM radio quality depends alot upon location. Some places it sounds great. Songs update and the music never goes out.

Some places the quality is a little weaker. And the signal will go out with every underpass or parking garage.

For the newer guys with XM. If you find you have to restart your car to get the XM to work. Or it sounds terrible or fades is or out. Do a refresh on your radio.

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

Type in your radio number. And it will reset your reciever.

Last edited by MC5Wes; 03-21-12 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-03-13, 11:05 AM
storms71
Rookie

Originally Posted by jamesbl
Have noticed this more times than not lately in my 2010 RX350 and it's getting quite annoying...I have full nav/xm integrated audio, etc. if that makes a difference, btw.

The issue I'm seeing is once I tune to an XM station, I see the current artist/title as usual. After that song ends and another one begins, however, the radio will still show the previous artist/title and won't update until I manually change the station to something else and come back.

Has anyone experienced this?

Best,
-jb
Has anyone ever come up with a solution on this issue, I too am annoyed by this random problem.
Old 03-17-13, 10:25 AM
webzila
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same exact issue as the original poster but I have a Nissan. So the issue does not seem to be vehicle specific.

My issue is identical - the XM radio works fine - when you go to a station it displays the proper information but then when the song changes it does not update to the new song. It still shows the previous artist/song info. Only way to get it to change is to go to another station then return to the previous one.

Everything was working fine about a week ago...
Old 03-18-13, 05:08 PM
DrDog
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2012 Nissan Rogue and am experiencing the exact same problem. I have owned the car for 6 months and the problem started about 5 days ago. When it happens the radio display does not update artist and song until I either change channels or hit the preset button for the channel that is playing. The music continues to play clearly without interruption. It happens on all 5 of the channels I have preset on one of my XM settings. Refreshing the radio with an activation signal does not resolve the problem. I spoke with technical support at Sirius/XM and they felt it was a hardware issue and suggested I see my Nissan dealer. Obviously it is a somewhat common problem based on info describing my exact problem both here and on a Nissan forum. I would appreciate hearing if anyone else has found a resolution to this problem.
Old 03-23-13, 06:20 AM
gw1
Driver School Candidate

Default same issue

same issue on my 201 Nissan rouge, the dealer blames XM.
Old 03-23-13, 07:39 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Likely a service provider issue. Between satellites, in city repeaters, and natural signal decreases caused by structures and weather. I've always thought the whole satellite radio system was a joke accompanied by ridiculous pricing. It's overly compressed and having had the service 7 years ago and comparing it to today's offering, they have seriously lost the quality since merging as they really don't have any competition.

Don't bother trying to get the dealer to rip your ad apart over a fault with the provider. They simply don't have enough satellites up and the radios don't have a large enough buffer for the data they stream.
Old 03-25-13, 11:24 AM
Lookin
Driver School Candidate

I have owned a 2008 HHR Panel and a 4Runner until recently. Both with XM and never had this problem but now I have a 2010 RX350 and it happens all the time. Hot - cold... it does not matter. Very random. I get the "nice" car and look what happens. Lexus should be looking into this. It is very annoying.

Quick Reply: XM Song Title and Artist not updating sporadically