RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPod USB input for 2010+ models

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-10, 09:28 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod USB input for 2010+ models

VML-MultiMediaLinQ is compatible with new 2010 Lexus models.

These two videos will show you how easy it is to remove factory USB unit and put VAIS Technology VML instead. And you can also compare how much faster VML allows you to browse your iPod, and how much convenient it is to be able to go through your iPod library without "auto select" feature.

VML Connection:
http://www.multimedialinq.com/VML_Mo...L-2010-ins.mov

VML Operation:
http://www.multimedialinq.com/VML_Mo...ML-2010-op.mov

For more information please visit www.vaistech.com or send us your questions to info@vaistech.com
Old 05-20-10, 10:02 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I imagine a lot of people would buy this.

Does the original iPod control blink like that when selecting a song?
Old 05-20-10, 10:24 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by RXSF
I imagine a lot of people would buy this.

Does the original iPod control blink like that when selecting a song?
Factory does blink the same way, but stays grayed out for longer.
Old 05-20-10, 12:46 PM
dennison17
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sooooo, I'm trying to find just a ball park price on something like this...... anyone have any ideas? Also, any recommendations as to hard drive addition? What's the advantages?

Thanks
Old 05-20-10, 01:13 PM
gonecaxa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dennison17
Sooooo, I'm trying to find just a ball park price on something like this...... anyone have any ideas? Also, any recommendations as to hard drive addition? What's the advantages?

Thanks
Seems to be 319.99 without hdd cable and 334.99 with hdd cable, this is just from their website. I am not sure what the advantages of having a hard drive are, perhaps its faster to look up songs? personally I think using an ipod makes it easier to update your songs.
Old 05-20-10, 01:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if i get rx, i will for sure get the vml. a lot of the factory setup just doesn't make sense, and not able to use iphone, that's even more painful

with hdd, it's just another mean of storage. to me it's not as attractive, but just like ls460, some people love the hdd storage
Old 05-20-10, 02:25 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious if this is also compatible with the 2010 RX models without the NAV option?

Originally Posted by VaisTech

These two videos will show you how easy it is to remove factory USB unit and put VAIS Technology VML instead. And you can also compare how much faster VML allows you to browse your iPod, and how much convenient it is to be able to go through your iPod library without "auto select" feature.

VML Connection:
http://www.multimedialinq.com/VML_Mo...L-2010-ins.mov

VML Operation:
http://www.multimedialinq.com/VML_Mo...ML-2010-op.mov

For more information please visit www.vaistech.com or send us your questions to info@vaistech.com
Old 05-20-10, 02:27 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by sleepysurf
Just curious if this is also compatible with the 2010 RX models without the NAV option?
Yes it is!
Old 05-20-10, 02:47 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Originally Posted by dennison17
... Also, any recommendations as to hard drive addition? What's the advantages?

Thanks
The hard drive would be ideal for those with extensive music libraries stored in FLAC format (higher quality "lossless" file format, but much larger file sizes vs. lower quality MP3's). For example, I'm an audiophile with over 1000 CD's all "ripped" to FLAC files, and stored on an external hard drive (and streamed to my home stereo setup via a Squeezebox Touch). I could copy 100+ FLAC albums onto the hard drive, without having to convert to the lower quality MP3 format. Unfortunately, adding new albums to the hard drive (once installed) with this product seems to be a cumbersome process using a Flash Drive.

Eventually, I suspect somebody will offer an aftermarket solution that incorporates wireless networking, so I could just pull my car into my garage, and wirelessly transfer music from my home server. That's what I'd be most interested in!

Last edited by sleepysurf; 05-20-10 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-20-10, 08:05 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about iPod video?

Is the SL2Vi compatible for 2010 yet? If not, when do you expect to have this?
Old 05-21-10, 03:36 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

I have a 2010 RX and Aussie ones don't have a USB input at all. Had a VML installed. Brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Old 05-21-10, 08:51 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by antonio98
How about iPod video?

Is the SL2Vi compatible for 2010 yet? If not, when do you expect to have this?
SL2Vi isn't compatible with 2010 models. But we are working on the new unit will provide two Audio/Video inputs into 2010+ models. It is expected to be released in September this year. Expected price ~$500 and it will work while the car is in motion.
Old 05-21-10, 08:51 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by harleydjce
I have a 2010 RX and Aussie ones don't have a USB input at all. Had a VML installed. Brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Thanks harleydjce!
Old 05-21-10, 11:00 AM
BHart882
Driver School Candidate

Vaistech,

The number one feature on my wish list is quick scrolling; that is, fast scrolling through albums, artists, songs without stopping one screen at a time--or even better an iPhone-like option to click directly on the first letter of the album, artist, or song.

I have thousands of songs from hundreds of artists on my iPod, and even with the disabled automatic selection feature provided by your product, it still would be a chore to select a song from an artist whose name begins with an "M", for example (since you must start from A or Z every time you search for songs). If I could just hold down the up/down button, and scroll quickly through all the artists, without stopping, so that I could reach an artist within 5 seconds, I would buy your product without hesitation.

Oh yeah, one more item on my wish list. If the Lexus is playing a certain song, and I select the Menu option, it would be great if the search screen started from that same song, instead of starting from the very first album/artist/song by alphabetical order. For instance, sometimes I might be listening to a song by Journey, when I decide I want to listen to another song by Journey from another album. Under the current setup, my search has to restart from the letter A and I have scroll down to J again. I could of course set up a playlist for specifically Journey songs. But it's impossible to set up playlists for the limitless combination of possibilities that would satisfy my whims at some particular moment.

Thanks for listening.
Old 05-21-10, 12:20 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SL2Vi isn't compatible with 2010 models. But we are working on the new unit will provide two Audio/Video inputs into 2010+ models. It is expected to be released in September this year. Expected price ~$500 and it will work while the car is in motion.
Thanks for the response.

Will we be able to view the video inputs on the rear entertainment screens as well as the front NAV screen?

Quick Reply: iPod USB input for 2010+ models