RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

iPhone Bluetooth Audio Issues

Old 02-05-10, 02:36 PM
JoeMonty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone Bluetooth Audio Issues

I have a new 2010 RX 450 with Navigation. I have a 3GS iPhone. The phone pairs with no issue. When it connects to the phone, it immediately starts playing MP3s stored on the phone (iPod function). In the Audio section, the screen shows Connected. When I stop the playback by either pausing from the Nav screen or from the device itself, Bluetooth audio disconnects.

I'm a founder of a company called FlyCast, and we're one of the larger Internet Radio Mobile aggregators in the world, with thousands of radio station that we stream to the iPhone (and other phones), so I'd like to be able to listen to my own service rather than just the iPod. Same would be true for Pandora. Bluetooth does stay connected about 1 out of 5 times, so I end up connecting over and over again until it remains connected.

Any thoughts or solutions would be welcome.

Joe
Old 02-16-10, 05:06 PM
Islanti
Driver School Candidate

Joe,

I routinely have to turn off and back on Bluetooth on my 3GS in order to have it connect at all. I can't think of any occasion where I've had the phone disconnect once it is streaming however. Have you tried rebooting your phone?
Old 02-17-10, 08:11 AM
Nocaster7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Islanti
Joe,

I routinely have to turn off and back on Bluetooth on my 3GS in order to have it connect at all. I can't think of any occasion where I've had the phone disconnect once it is streaming however. Have you tried rebooting your phone?
That's odd. I've had my 2010 RX350 for about 3 weeks now and I've not once had my 3GS fail to automatically connect via bluetooth immediately upon starting the vehicle.
Old 02-18-10, 12:21 PM
Islanti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nocaster7
That's odd. I've had my 2010 RX350 for about 3 weeks now and I've not once had my 3GS fail to automatically connect via bluetooth immediately upon starting the vehicle.
Do you use Bluetooth for anything else? I have my laptop connect to act as a remote display for incoming calls as well as a security program that locks my computer when my phone moves away. I suspect the more frequent disconnect/reconnects I'm doing may put more stress on the iPhone software than most others.
Old 02-19-10, 07:07 AM
Nocaster7
Driver School Candidate

I have a set of bluetooth headphones I use at the gym. But I don't leave them on when I leave the gym.

If you have multiple devices paired to you phone, it'll bring up a text box for you to choose which on you want to connect to. This might be your problem if your laptop is on in the vehicle.
Old 03-13-10, 10:51 AM
Orbit
Rookie

Got a new Blackberry Tour with Bluetooth audio streaming. I had visions of pairing it with my Rx-350 and controlling playback from the dashboard. Connects okay, but all I get on the Lexus Nav screen are play and pause buttons. Even those are shaky. I have to start play using the Blackberry, then I can pause and play using the Lex's screen.

I thought I would be able to select songs and playlists using the Lexus. Like with iPod via USB. The idea, to me, was to be able to keep the BB in my pocket. I'm only mildly bummed, because it's a company-provided Blackberry.

Any way to have full functionality via Bluetooth?
Old 03-13-10, 03:05 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all blackberry apps works with bluetooth audio streaming. I've try online radio, didn't work.