RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What is your favorite feature of your new 2010 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-09, 06:22 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your favorite feature of your new 2010 RX?

I really like the interior and the mouse controller.
Old 12-26-09, 06:34 PM
reefguy
Driver School Candidate

I would have to say mine is Lexus Connect. If I'm somewhere and don't have the address for a place, I can just call them and and it is automatically send to the GPS.
Old 12-26-09, 08:09 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Mouse Controller

If they had just put the "Talk" button down there instead of on the steering wheel it would be perfect.

Least useful - EV mode, can never get it to work, always unavailable.
Old 12-26-09, 10:44 PM
tonyhui
Driver School Candidate

Auto high beam. I left it on since day one and in four months only had one oncoming car flash it high beam at me. The system always turn off the high beam just at the right distance.
Old 12-27-09, 04:39 AM
DunWkg
Racer

I agree the auto high beam is great. Some day I'll let the wife drive the car and she is terrible about turning on the brights. This is just the answer.

I like the moving headlights too.
Old 12-27-09, 05:09 PM
DaRacerz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you guys mentioned the others, Mouse Controller and HUD... my favorite is the hybrid power train. It really makes the car quiet and smooth with reasonably good fuel mileage. And the silence when the car is stopped or at slow speeds, love it! Spoiled for life.
Old 12-27-09, 06:46 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Now that you mention it I really like the auto high beams and swiveling lights. The one thing I miss from my Audi was the side assist blind spot warning. I like the ipod interaction with the Lexus as well.
Old 12-27-09, 06:55 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by DaRacerz
Since you guys mentioned the others, Mouse Controller and HUD... my favorite is the hybrid power train. It really makes the car quiet and smooth with reasonably good fuel mileage. And the silence when the car is stopped or at slow speeds, love it! Spoiled for life.
HUD...tell me how you like it. Is it on all the time, do you have to adjust it between different drivers...?

Thanks,
Old 12-27-09, 11:08 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The auto dimming high beams are great. They aren't the auto dimmers we remember in the 1970's and 80's.
Old 12-28-09, 09:42 AM
LAMark
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DunWkg
HUD...tell me how you like it. Is it on all the time, do you have to adjust it between different drivers...?

Thanks,
I'm about a foot taller than my wife, and we don't need to adjust the HUD settings when we switch drivers. And it's a very cool feature, thought it would be a gimmick at first but glad we have it.
Old 12-28-09, 07:54 PM
DaRacerz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg

Thanks,
Likewise to LAMark, I also first bought the HUD as a gimimck to see how it works... now that its there, I always use it and really like it. Not sure it justifies the additional cost, but if thats not a concern, I'd get it.

Its always on, shows you MPH or KPH which is easily selectable. Contrast is not a problem between day and night. The height is also easily adjustable. The window on the HUD is fairly forgiving, so a few inches difference between driver's should not be any issue.
Old 12-29-09, 08:13 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

I didn't consider the heads up display because I knew several people that had a version of one in their cadillacs and many found it more distracting than helpful. But it sounds like you guys find it more useful.
Old 12-29-09, 11:52 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

US version of HUD is not the same as the one in Japan. The ones in Japan shows you how many lanes on a street.

I have to agree with the auto high beams on my LED's are the best feature on the new Gen3 RX.
Old 12-29-09, 01:20 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRacerz
Likewise to LAMark, I also first bought the HUD as a gimimck to see how it works... now that its there, I always use it and really like it. Not sure it justifies the additional cost, but if thats not a concern, I'd get it.

Its always on, shows you MPH or KPH which is easily selectable. Contrast is not a problem between day and night. The height is also easily adjustable. The window on the HUD is fairly forgiving, so a few inches difference between driver's should not be any issue.
agreed, i love the HUD especially with Nav on. knowing exactly when to turn (flashing turn arrows) really sold me on this great feature. changing audio channels and volume controls without having to take your eyes off the road.
Old 12-30-09, 04:05 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I appear to be in the minority here but I actually DON'T like the auto high beams. I think they are a bit gimmicky.

They work well with oncoming traffic - so I DO like that part of it. However, I find that when I really need them most the logic behind the system fails for me.

An example, the hi-beams automatically turn off under 20 mph. When I am driving through my neighborhood at night I rarely exceed 20 mph but I often need the hi-beams. Not many street lights so it's pretty dark. I would much rather have the option to turn them on myself but the only way to do that is to pull the stalk and activate them manually. I don't like this aspect of the system.

Also, I understand why they have the hi-beams cut out when going below 20 mph but sometimes when I get to a stop sign I want my hi-beams on. Not when there is traffic obviously, but again, if it is dark and I need visibility it's a pain to have to pull the stalk back a few clicks and then remember to push it forward to reactivate. Not lazy, not a big deal but I know that gets frustrating driving on back roads quite a bit.

Finally, I often find that when I am coming up to a street sign (i.e. warning sign for curves ahead) the reflection hits the lens and the hi-beams are deactivated. This happens more than I would like. The other day we had some pretty bad fog and the system was going crazy (I know that you typically don't drive with the hi-beams on in fog so pulling the level to low-beam was fine but if you aren't expecting it you feel like you are driving into a disco with all of the flashing lights )

So I like the idea behind the system but I think it might need a bit more polish for my liking.

Now what do I like about the RX? Loooong list. I'm glad the seats are more comfortable for me than the last generation!!

Jay

Quick Reply: What is your favorite feature of your new 2010 RX?