RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Motorola Droid

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 12:20 PM
oball2400
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Motorola Droid

I am buying a Droid this weekend. Has anyone tried pairing the Droid to the 2010 RX350? Will it work?

If no one has tried it yet, I'll let you know what happens if there is any interest.
Old 12-07-09, 07:12 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm supposed to get Droid demo next week... but, obviously you or someone else will test it first.

Please keep us posted. Thanks.
Old 12-07-09, 07:27 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluetooth is Bluetooth, regardless of the phone. Should be fine.
Old 12-07-09, 08:26 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he means how compatible it is like transferring contacts or showing battery/reception info. I'm not sure, but Motorola's should be fine. My mom has a Motorola and she has no problems, shows up phone info and car is able to access phonebook on phone. I have a Blackberry Tour and have nearly full compatibility.
Old 12-07-09, 08:53 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Talking about BB. My Curve doesn't work too well. It works well in most of parts, but the caller-ID isn't working. My car cannot display ID from all the calls coming in.

But, my Storm2 works pretty well.
Old 12-08-09, 12:53 PM
jay_man2
Rookie

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Bluetooth is Bluetooth, regardless of the phone. ...
Not in my experience it isn't. There are a wide variety of implementations of the various bluetooth profiles among the various handset manufcturers.
Old 12-08-09, 03:32 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jay_man2
Not in my experience it isn't. There are a wide variety of implementations of the various bluetooth profiles among the various handset manufcturers.
Agreed. There are still lots of BT phones which cannot connect with Handsfree system. That's why many of car manufacturers have listed the numbers of workable/suggested phones for the customers.
Old 12-08-09, 03:37 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

In the past, it was worse. Most of phones weren't working with handsfree. Many of customers had to buy the specific models based on the suggested list from the manufactures or car forums. It's about 5-8 years ago.
Old 12-08-09, 08:03 PM
hensta
Driver School Candidate

I have had a Motorola Droid for 2 weeks now. I was wondering the same thing, whether this works well with the Rx. This is an amazing phone:
-turn by turn Google navigation with voice instructions and street views out of the box. Check.
-accurate VOICE search for address, stores, restaurants, businesses, etc. Check.
-10,000 instantly downloadable apps, many of them free. Check.
-physical keyboard. Check.
-Verizon. Priceless.

Last edited by hensta; 12-10-09 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-09-09, 09:40 PM
garfull
Rookie

Droid rocks. Using it to reply to this post. It pairs with the rx with nav just fine and does bt music stream as well. I however have not transfered any contacts. Id just rather not have my private info stored on a car.
Old 12-10-09, 05:12 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by garfull
Droid rocks. Using it to reply to this post. It pairs with the rx with nav just fine and does bt music stream as well. I however have not transfered any contacts. Id just rather not have my private info stored on a car.
Not sure if this applies to the Droid, but with the iPhone if the phone is not in the car and or not connected via Bluetooth your contacts are not available. No phone, no contacts. With the ability to connect to four phones, one at a time the other three sets of contacts are also not available unless that particular phone is connected.

Simply stated:
Although the contacts are in the car, they aren't available unless the phone is connected.

Not sure that will allay your concerns or not. I'm sure someone can hack into a Lexus somehow.
Old 12-11-09, 07:31 AM
jimmyford1
Driver

You may want to check out letstalk.com and Lexus.com for phone compatibility. The same phone can have different functionality due to the carrier.
Old 12-11-09, 10:12 PM
ObsidianRX
Driver School Candidate

I'd like a definitive answer on the Droid, the issues with the G1 have been discussed here and I'm yet to hear of anyone who has been able to download their contacts to the RX from an Android device (1.x or 2.0) yet.

I would certainly not listen to any of the "Bluetooth is Bluetooth" banter or assume that a Droid will have full functionality with the RX based on what I've seen.
Old 12-12-09, 06:33 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great news! I found a Droid widget that lets you transfer your contacts to the Lexus (I have an ISF). Finally, I've been able to move my contacts to my car.

It's from Medieval Software and it's free. Enjoy!
Old 12-17-09, 09:40 AM
ICENUTZ
Rookie

i have the droid all contacts transferred and the phone works perfectly just like the phone.. the amazing phone!!!

Quick Reply: Motorola Droid