RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Fahrenheit to Celsius

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-09, 08:36 AM
SALTY2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fahrenheit to Celsius

I was wondering guys and gals if there is anyway to change the outside temperature readout from Fahrenheit to centigrade? Thank you in advance
Old 11-26-09, 10:39 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

It is weird that you are in Canada and dont have it on Celsius. Im assuming you bought the car in Canada. Usually, they have the Canadian cars programmed using Celsius. In the past, this was not changable, but Im not sure if the more menus in the '10 RX allow for this.
Old 11-26-09, 12:33 PM
SALTY2
Rookie

Actually I bought the car in US. I thought it would be a simple taskto change from F to C as it is in my wife's VW, but I was wrong!
Old 11-26-09, 12:36 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I am certain that if you bring it to the dealership they should be able to do this for you as part of the personalized settings.
Old 11-26-09, 07:53 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SALTY2
I was wondering guys and gals if there is anyway to change the outside temperature readout from Fahrenheit to centigrade? Thank you in advance
I'm answering this without going out to the car to verify so I could be wrong. But... I think in the setup portion of the NAV menu you can select Fahrenheit or Centigrade. If anyone knows different for a fact than sound off.
Old 11-27-09, 07:35 PM
SALTY2
Rookie

I dont have a NAV system. What are the "personalized settings" anyway? My 1 month coming up in 10 days. What do they do for you exactly?
Old 11-28-09, 06:47 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I'm answering this without going out to the car to verify so I could be wrong. But... I think in the setup portion of the NAV menu you can select Fahrenheit or Centigrade. If anyone knows different for a fact than sound off.
I tried to look for one but no luck. The closest I can get to is selection of kilometer to mile which after I tried did not do anything anyway.

Your best bet is ask the Lexus service people.
Old 11-28-09, 07:35 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

This question has been asked literally hundreds of times on Lexus car forums over a number of years. I have yet to see anyone say that they were successful in switching their Lexus cars between "F" and "C".
Old 11-28-09, 08:06 AM
SALTY2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kansas
This question has been asked literally hundreds of times on Lexus car forums over a number of years. I have yet to see anyone say that they were successful in switching their Lexus cars between "F" and "C".
I know. Isn’t it weird? Not only on this model but all Lexus models and all generations. You would think that by now they would come up with a quick fix
Old 11-29-09, 08:34 AM
mdv
Driver School Candidate

I was looking at Lexus web site and in there it says that it is set at factory.
Old 11-29-09, 10:27 AM
SALTY2
Rookie

Dang, That's what I thought. I hope they can change it at the dealer without complications and too much hoopla!
Old 11-30-09, 07:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The conversion factor is in the frimware, there is no way to change it with out changing the frimware.
Old 05-31-15, 10:33 PM
Handybud
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. From what i have read so far, Fahrenheit to Celsius will only take effect once the firmware has been updated. Unfortunately, the UAE Lexus dealer refuses to work with American spec cars. Any idea where i can get the new firmware ? Updated Navigation maps would be of great help as well.
Old 06-01-15, 02:44 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Handybud
Hey guys. From what i have read so far, Fahrenheit to Celsius will only take effect once the firmware has been updated. Unfortunately, the UAE Lexus dealer refuses to work with American spec cars. Any idea where i can get the new firmware ? Updated Navigation maps would be of great help as well.
Welcome to CL.

Firmware is licensed, so it's only available through authorized Lexus Service Departments.

I'm not 100% sure if you have an ES 350 by your profile, or if you have an RX because you're posting in this forum and thread that is 3rd Gen RX-specific -- also, I suspect you're not in North America by your "Out of State" location. Regardless, updated Maps are also something that is licensed material and only available through authorized Lexus Parts Departments. If you have a vehicle that was imported from another country, it may be impossible or you may be challenged to first get your headunit updated to support your region as others have found trying to do that and reported in other threads here (so some searches for those references -- I unfortunately don't remember anyone reporting back successfully getting the job done overseas -- that does not mean however it's not possible -- just that I don't know). FYI though, that an individual Nav unit does not support the entire world at one time as delivered from the factory, and simply updating Maps won't do what you may be expecting. I'd suggest two things: First, since I don't know if you have an RX and the model year, but if you are in the US or Canada, check the Lexus Navigation site for details -- you can find info there on map updates for all Lexus models, what they include, etc. The other suggestion is you really need to try and find an authorized service department to help with the firmware and nav/map updates.

Here on CL per our guidelines, we can only help with getting work involving licensed materials done the official way.

Good luck.
Old 06-01-15, 03:00 AM
Handybud
Driver School Candidate

Hello Bert,
Many thanks for the detailed reply.
I have an ES350 (American Spec) but live in the Emirates. The reason why i have posted on this thread is because what could work for one car, may work for another (navigation, firmware updates). As the local dealers won't touch an American car, i am looking to whomever is authorized to provide the same .... licensed stuff only. If you can guide me where to obtain this information, it would be appreciated, I am sure it can be sold over the net. I can do the updates myself. It is no big deal.

Maps ... it would be nice to get the Middle Eastern Region (or the Gulf Region)... Not the whole world. But frankly, the firmware is what i really need and i understand that both come together, thus the request.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Fahrenheit to Celsius