RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

3RX Front seats are uncomfortable (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-12, 04:41 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest continuing to tweak the settings on the seats. If you tilt the seat area slightly down and use the lumbar support and then adjust the angle of the back it might help. It takes awhile. I've actually found the seats more comfortable than my 2006 RX 400h. I don't know if Lexus used different leather for different packages. I know that the leather on my IS is the softest.
Old 11-18-14, 03:52 PM
lchrisp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus RX 350 2013 Uncomfortable front seats

I have tried to adjust the seat several times but the seat is so hard and my back is hurting by the time I finish driving at the end of the day. I just purchased it and have only driven it 3 to 4 times. Any suggestions?
Old 11-18-14, 04:59 PM
rcf8000
Pole Position

I am now driving a Kia Sorento SXL, and I find the driver's seat and seating position to be far superior to my RX350.
(In my opinion, the Kia is a better car in many respects.)
Old 11-18-14, 06:51 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexus seats are one of the comfiest if not the absolute comfiest seats in the business.

Anyone who actually challenges that are either an awkward shape, or have their seat in the wrong position.

Im 6ft and have no problems, my wife is 5ft 3 and she has no problems either, my father is 5ft 10 and he also has no problems even though hes pushing past 75 so its not the seats, its the person sitting in them.

Ive owned all sorts of cars, from Q7's to M5's and I would go as far to say that the RX seats are one of the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in bar the M5 and thats only because it had comfort seats which were a £3k option.

Last edited by rayaans; 11-18-14 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-18-14, 06:52 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rcf8000
I am now driving a Kia Sorento SXL, and I find the driver's seat and seating position to be far superior to my RX350.
(In my opinion, the Kia is a better car in many respects.)
I dont think ive LOLed more in my life. Seriously?
Old 11-19-14, 04:32 AM
rcf8000
Pole Position

I am sure that few people who are considering the purchase of an RX350 would think of looking at a Kia. But they should. It's a better car. Seriously.
Old 11-19-14, 06:55 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I am sure that few people who are considering the purchase of an RX350 would think of looking at a Kia. But they should. It's a better car. Seriously.
We looked at the Kia when we were looking for an SUV, but still ended up with the RX. We did like the Sorento, but still preferred the RX.

To those concerned about the seats, I'm not sure what to say. We find ours to be very comfortable (though the seats in my IS are better). Might want to make sure you don't have the lumbar boosted too high. There are lots of adjustments, so just keep on playing with them and hopefully you can find the right position.
Old 11-19-14, 07:30 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Dr. Steve,
I'm sorry your wife's in pain.
You say your wife has a pain down her leg. That suggests sciatica to me. You may wish to check with your family doctor. Seriously.
Also, Google "How to sit properly in your car" or "How do I adjust my driver's seat?" There are many videos that show you how to do this for driving comfort. Hope your wife's comfort is improved.
Old 11-19-14, 11:28 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
I dont think ive LOLed more in my life. Seriously?
LOL! He must be trolling??

Anyway if he is serious it's probably his body shape/size/weight? There is no one size fits all.
Old 11-19-14, 12:47 PM
hovbuild
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next door neighbor has one and we traded a few weeks ago for a day........She is not happy now. JHO Mine is that they are not in the same league. Kia is nice but the RX is the bomb.
Old 11-19-14, 01:15 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We purchased a 2012 Kia Sportage (low end model) and my wife didn't say anything about the seats being uncomfortable. After a few 1 - 2 hour trips she just did not want to ride in it any more. It is my car and she seldom has to, so it worked out OK.

When we replaced her 2002 Highlander and purchased the RX350 we looked at a lot of cars. Having learned her lesson with the Sportage, and this car being for her, she would sit in the car before even considering features or a test drive. We had salesmen trying seat positions to make her comfortable but if the seat didn't fit we would not consider the car at all.

My wife has short legs and a long seat bottom cuts off the circulation in her legs below the knees and makes sitting for any length of time very uncomfortable. So, a seat that most folks consider comfortable might not work for her and no adjustment on the planet will make it work.

We both find the 2014 RX seats very comfortable. I really like the ease of adjusting the seats and find long drives much less tiring than in vehicles we have owned previously.
Old 11-19-14, 03:31 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ericsan13
LOL! He must be trolling??

Anyway if he is serious it's probably his body shape/size/weight? There is no one size fits all.
I refuse to believe that a Kia is better than an RX. Thats like saying Justin Timberlake is better than Michael Jackson, just no contest.

Kia (Justin Timberlake) may be good and all, but comparing him to RX (Michael Jackson) is just stupid
Old 11-19-14, 04:22 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
I refuse to believe that a Kia is better than an RX. Thats like saying Justin Timberlake is better than Michael Jackson, just no contest.

Kia (Justin Timberlake) may be good and all, but comparing him to RX (Michael Jackson) is just stupid
Dude, bad analogy! Justin Timberlake is better than Michael Jackson!
Just look at his movie career. But Kia is no match for Lexus.

And this thread is useless. We all know RX has one of the best seats out there.
Old 11-19-14, 04:30 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vlad_a

I was talking about his singing but yeah whatever lol
Old 11-19-14, 04:46 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a

Also, a bad analogy for me as I couldn't pick Justin Timberlake out of a lineup.

Quick Reply: 3RX Front seats are uncomfortable (merged threads)