RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-15, 03:32 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome to CL Jweihe. Congrats on your RX350. Pretty rare color combo there. And please post some pictures. They are mandatory around here after all
Old 08-01-15, 03:54 PM
Kostyan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 2013 RX

Hey guys

just picked up a 2013 RX for my wife, 9k mi white on saddle brown, AWD Navi etc. She is a beauty!

Next, all weather mats, and a clear bra????

Last edited by kitlz; 08-01-15 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-01-15, 04:55 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kostyan
Hey guys

just picked up a 2013 RX for my wife, 9k mi white on saddle brown, AWD Navi etc. She is a beauty!

Next, all weather mats, and a clear bra????
youll love her!
i personally went with weathertechs and absolutely love them. you also have husky liners that are a bit cheaper people like also.

enjoy it!
Old 08-01-15, 07:16 PM
paid4c4
Driver School Candidate

Default Just want to say hey

I just picked up my first Lexus which is an RX350, Nav, 19 inch wheels, dark red with tan interior. I sold my 2012 Cadillac on Craigslist and decided to step up to an RX350. So far I'm very pleased.
Here is a photograph of my new ride just before they drove it off of the showroom floor.
Bll
Old 08-01-15, 08:44 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Another saddle owner right here! You sir have good taste!

I started out with WeatherTech trunk liner. Didn't bother going with all weather mats since the dealer supplied us with extra brand new mats.

Did you pick up the 350 or 450h?
Old 08-02-15, 06:37 PM
Johnknee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So here is a picture of my RX! I hand washed it before I took the picture

Originally Posted by kitlz
Bert forgo to mention pictures are mandatory around here Congrats on your RX.
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (04-22-21)
Old 08-03-15, 04:49 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnknee
...So here is a picture of my RX! I hand washed it before I took the picture
Looks sharp! Nothing like a clean ride!
Old 08-08-15, 05:11 PM
AKRX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My fiancé and I recently purchased our first Lexus, a 2013 RX 350 AWD! So far we absolutely love the vehicle. It has all of the amenities we were looking for as well as low mileage (20K). I am meticulous about my vehicles and shopped around for awhile until I found this one. There are some things that aren't perfect on it. Some minor rock chips on the front hood, a scratch in one of the original rims, and a dime size scuff on the front bumper. Have you guys had any luck with wheel scratch repair? Are there any things I should be aware of with this model year vehicle that I can take care of now? Like I said, so far, the vehicle is amazing!! My fiancé loves it! We do have a 6 month old boxer that will be traveling in the back of the car. I am thinking about picking up set of weather tech rubber floor mats for the cargo area or possibly some sort of gate to keep him off the rear seats. Love this forum so far!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexusrx.jpg  
Old 08-08-15, 05:46 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AKRX350
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My fiancé and I recently purchased our first Lexus, a 2013 RX 350 AWD! So far we absolutely love the vehicle. It has all of the amenities we were looking for as well as low mileage (20K). I am meticulous about my vehicles and shopped around for awhile until I found this one. There are some things that aren't perfect on it. Some minor rock chips on the front hood, a scratch in one of the original rims, and a dime size scuff on the front bumper. Have you guys had any luck with wheel scratch repair? Are there any things I should be aware of with this model year vehicle that I can take care of now? Like I said, so far, the vehicle is amazing!! My fiancé loves it! We do have a 6 month old boxer that will be traveling in the back of the car. I am thinking about picking up set of weather tech rubber floor mats for the cargo area or possibly some sort of gate to keep him off the rear seats. Love this forum so far!
Welcome to CL and congrats to you and your fiance on your new-to-you 2013. Not a lot of issues on any 3rd Gen RX to worry about... Do some searching through threads here as you have time and you'll find plenty of hints and tips. Our Auto Care & Detailing Forum is where you what to head for info how to deal with those rock chips and maintaining the looks of your ride.

My 5 YO English Creme Golden Retriever is my constant companion in my RX rear seat. She's generally on her Canine Cover, loves to sniff for a bit as we back out from the garage from "her window" I put down for her every time we take off. She then lays down to bask in her own personal air vent, positioning herself so the cool air flows on her face this time of year as our speed picks up or I close the window for our mutual comfort. It's all very cute, and she's in heaven being cool and with me at the same time -- looking up only upon occasion to see what's what out the front window. Such is life with a Retriever. She's my constant companion in my RX around town unless the outside temp is too high this time of year, and then I have to leave her at home with her sad eyes and the kitchen TV on the Disney Channel or Nickelodeon watching Sponge Bob while I'm running errands. (She's not spoiled, BTW.) I have the Lexus OEM all-weather floor mats, and they work great with her here in SoCal, as long as I do my weekly vacuum regime to deal with year-round shedding. You'll find other threads suggesting Weathertechs may be a better floor mat solution if you have to deal with the more extreme snow and water slush (I fortunately don't have to deal with) in the winter.

Enjoy that RX!

Last edited by BertL; 08-08-15 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling! (again)
Old 08-18-15, 07:44 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Moving from NX to RX

Hey there.....Ronn here ! Moving over from the NX here as I'm traded for a new 2015 RX350. Having mostly Highlanders in the past, and then to my first Lexus which was an NX, it is just a bit smaller than I'm use too, and I didn't get all the features I wanted on the NX due to the wait if I had ordered. The NX is a sharp head turner, but I also love the look of the RX350, and it' more what I am use to. I love Lexus, and the customer service, so I am hooked on Lexus and getting my new ride Friday ! The dealer found this ride for me, and it's a rare one with all these options being on the lot. I will post pics this weekend after I get it. Can't wait !!! I look forward to being here on the RX forum !

RX350 AWD Satin Cashmire/ Parchment
Comfort Package
Heads up Display
Intuitive Parking Assist
Luxury Package ( which includes Premium Pack)
Mark Levinson Premium
Navigation
Pre-Collision System
Cargo Net, Mat, Wheel Locks and Key Glove
Door Edge Guards

Last edited by RDLGX; 08-18-15 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-19-15, 03:30 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Ronn, sorry the NX didn't work out. It's definitely a fun vehicle. Congrats on your RX. I'm sure a few people are jealous you were able to find one with all those options. Now I'm not sure if corrado warned you about the rules around here. Pics are mandatory So post 'em up after you take delivery Friday,
Old 08-19-15, 04:50 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Ronn, sorry the NX didn't work out. It's definitely a fun vehicle. Congrats on your RX. I'm sure a few people are jealous you were able to find one with all those options. Now I'm not sure if corrado warned you about the rules around here. Pics are mandatory So post 'em up after you take delivery Friday,
Hey thanks ! NX is a great vehicle, and fun to drive. I'm just spoiled with wanting a little bigger ride and more features ! The RX is more of what I am use to, and man did it have the equipment ! , and the best part, 5000 off MSRP.
OH yes, Corrado is a bud from the NX forum, so he will be surprised to see me over here LOL . I will share pics this weekend !!
Old 08-19-15, 08:55 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Well, corrado is still technically a mod in this forum. He hasn't visited much though since he traded his RX F-Sport for the NX F-Sport. No calls, no cards, nothing I think he'll be back. I'm glad the RX fits your needs with lots of extra options. Have fun playing with all the cool features. Oh, and your test on the manuals (all of them) is scheduled for next Thursday. So study up
Old 08-19-15, 10:27 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Well, corrado is still technically a mod in this forum. He hasn't visited much though since he traded his RX F-Sport for the NX F-Sport. No calls, no cards, nothing I think he'll be back. I'm glad the RX fits your needs with lots of extra options. Have fun playing with all the cool features. Oh, and your test on the manuals (all of them) is scheduled for next Thursday. So study up
Didn't know I would get a test ! LOL ! As for Corrado, I say he will like the new RX.
Old 08-19-15, 01:16 PM
Scottyscot
Driver School Candidate

Good to be here!
2015 RX350 F Sport
Obsidian
Cabernet leather

Also just wanted to throw in my 1st Lexus bought new in 2004. Still runs like a beast.
2004 IS300
Spordesign
Thundercloud metallic

Last edited by Scottyscot; 08-19-15 at 01:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (04-22-21)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE