RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 05:05 AM
MoLex5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kloakndagg
very nice! how many miles did it have?
Hi it had just 14k miles and is a Lexus certified vehicle. Gray interior which I really like. I got the weather tec mats. Any recommendations on a trunk liner? And what is the Xenon kit about?
Old 08-31-15, 06:46 AM
kloakndagg
Driver School Candidate

Very nice. nothing with that sort of Mileage near me in Chicago. I got the grey interior as well . I actually got the weathertech set which included the trunk liner. That isn't as important and you can get husky if you want to save a few bucks. I live actually like 10 miles away in Naperville form the actual weathertech plant/outlet store so I picked it up there.

Mine had the heated ventilated seats but not in the comfort package. Part of that package are bixenon HID lights which you have already I believe. Mine is the halogen yellowish lights so I'm actually changing them out with xenondepot lights shortly

Originally Posted by MoLex5
Hi it had just 14k miles and is a Lexus certified vehicle. Gray interior which I really like. I got the weather tec mats. Any recommendations on a trunk liner? And what is the Xenon kit about?
Old 09-02-15, 12:31 AM
Scottyscot
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BertL
Scottyscot: Congrats on that new addition to your Lexus family. Your RX F-Sport is a beauty!
Thanks! glad to be here with other Lexus enthusiasts!
Old 09-02-15, 12:39 AM
Scottyscot
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats Scottyscott, very nice!! Don't you just love the Cabernet interior.
Thanks! Yes the Cabernet is very nice. I see you have it as well. Its a great color.
Old 09-04-15, 01:29 PM
slawless
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hello

Hello everyone. Today I join you. We just bought a 2013 RX.

RX 350
Nebula Grey pearl/ light grey inside
+ NAV
+ premium package
+ comfort package
18"

Only has 25K on it. Looks in perfect condition. "Lexus certified"

The original owner was as OC as I am. He still had the original windows sticker.

My other cars are a 2008 BMW E92 M3 and an 2004 SC430

Why I bought the RX:
My wife has the SC. I primarily drive the M3. I bought the RX as my M3 now has 70K and I want to preserve it as long as possible. The new M4 is nice but I really don't want to spend $75K right now. I plan on alternating days. Also the M3 is not the best in snow. With snow tires it gets by. I am counting on the AWD to handle the bad days. You would be surprised what the BMW can carry, it has a fold down rear seat. The RX capacity will be another world.

I am basically cheap. I first thought of getting a CRV equivalent. The Hyundai Tucson and the Mazda CX5 were my favorites. My wife convinced me to get the Lexus. Yea it was about $10000 more than the others. But you can't go wrong with a Lexus.

As you on the forum know. this is a really nice car.
Old 09-05-15, 04:49 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

slawless: Welcome on that new-to-you RX. I'm partial to the Nebula Grey myself. You have a pretty stylish combo with the light grey interior. Enjoy your RX -- and that SC430 -- oh, how I loved my 2002!
Old 09-26-15, 04:13 PM
Chicharito
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone! My name is Richard im 28yrs old and This is my first Lexus but after owning it for about 1 1/2 yrs, i can easily say it wont be my last. I got it with 51k miles on the Odo and dealer certified, i have currently put about 20k and loving every bit of it.

Before this I had a 05 Ford Focus ST With full Suspension Modifications, so this a totally whole new ball park for me. It was purchased with the idea as a nice recently engaged pre family/roadtrip car that we can both enjoy,drive ( The focus had no AC/Rear seats/radio with a half cage) so we always took her car everywhere.

But with a wedding coming soon and the whole house/kids package, i might just start with the modifications and make it into a cool dad CUV/Wagon ( i always wanted a cool wagon) before the kiddies come along.

Current list of mods:
LED interior and floodlights
LED Parking Lights
5K HID Foglights
Front window tint to match the rears
Removed Roof Rack
K&N drop-in filter, modified the intake snorkel for more straight thru airflow.

Future mods:
LED DRL
Lighter front window tint
TOM's push start button
TOM's Muffler
F-Sport pedals
F-Sport wheels
OEM Window Visors

2010 RX 350
AWD
Nav
Deep Blue Mica and Black leather Interior
Comfort/ Premium/ Luxury Package
19's
Old 09-26-15, 04:15 PM
Rx350Ric
Driver School Candidate

Default New Owner

2015 RX350
Starfire Pearl/Parchment
19' Alloys
Nav
Premium Pack

First time Lexus owner
Old 09-26-15, 08:58 PM
jmanthony
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, guys! Congrats on your Lexus and welcome aboard. You've both made great choices that will reward you with many years of terrific driving.

Our family is also a recent RX convert and we've been loving our car a lot!

John
Old 09-27-15, 07:00 AM
ronr9286t
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Return to Lexus

Just purchased a 2015 RX450h, AWD. This is our 3rd Lexus. We had a 2000 SC400 and then a 2006 RX400h. Loved the 400h, but at the end of the lease decided to go smaller. Got a 2009 BMW X3. Much smaller than the 400h, and much sportier. We were concerned about the exposure to high maintenance cost (although at 60K miles it was expensive to maintain but no major repairs (as if there is a minor repair on a BMW). We missed the amenities in the RX, and I was concerned that the 2016 RX was a huge step backwards (longer, lower), so we took advantage of the Labor Day deals and picked up a 2015 Claret Mica/Saddle (our favorite color combination since the Bamboo of our 400h is no longer available). So far we love it, and intend to keep it well past the 36 month lease.

To clarify our affinity for small cars, our other car is a Smart.

As an aside, I was strongly considering the Audi Q5 TDI for the slightly shorter length and better fuel mileage. Price was close enough to the same, but in the end went with gasoline hybrid and Lexus reliability over German maintenance and diesel. About 10 days after we took delivery of the RX, the VW diesel scandal broke, and the V6 may very well be caught up in the recall. Serendipity strikes again (or, better to be lucky than smart).

Ron
Old 09-27-15, 08:20 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome Chicharito, RX350Ric and Ron. Congrats on your RXs. Hope you're enjoying your new rides. Be sure to post some pictures. They're mandatory around here
Old 09-28-15, 05:02 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rx350Ric
2015 RX350
Starfire Pearl/Parchment
19' Alloys
Nav
Premium Pack

First time Lexus owner
Enjoy your new ride ! Welcome to Lexus !
Old 09-28-15, 05:06 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by slawless
Hello everyone. Today I join you. We just bought a 2013 RX.

RX 350
Nebula Grey pearl/ light grey inside
+ NAV
+ premium package
+ comfort package
18"

Only has 25K on it. Looks in perfect condition. "Lexus certified"

The original owner was as OC as I am. He still had the original windows sticker.

My other cars are a 2008 BMW E92 M3 and an 2004 SC430

Why I bought the RX:
My wife has the SC. I primarily drive the M3. I bought the RX as my M3 now has 70K and I want to preserve it as long as possible. The new M4 is nice but I really don't want to spend $75K right now. I plan on alternating days. Also the M3 is not the best in snow. With snow tires it gets by. I am counting on the AWD to handle the bad days. You would be surprised what the BMW can carry, it has a fold down rear seat. The RX capacity will be another world.

I am basically cheap. I first thought of getting a CRV equivalent. The Hyundai Tucson and the Mazda CX5 were my favorites. My wife convinced me to get the Lexus. Yea it was about $10000 more than the others. But you can't go wrong with a Lexus.

As you on the forum know. this is a really nice car.
The new Tuscon is a sharp looking vehicle ! Glad you went with Lexus though. Enjoy your new ride
Old 09-30-15, 07:12 AM
kurleedadd
Driver School Candidate

Default Lex Piece

Hello all. I am the new owner of a CPO 2013 RX350. This is my first Lexus. 4th Toyota product.

Just traded in my leased 2014 Tundra which sat in my driveway months at a time since I live 40 miles from work now and couldn't afford the gas anymore. Previously I came from a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V and wanted all the bells and whistles that the Caddy had (Nav, heated seats, comfort.) Plus my wife and I just had our second child less than 2 weeks ago. So I wanted something that will give me comfort, safety, reliability (Toyota product). So far I am happy with this purchase. A little bit of buyers remorse. But that will be addressed in another thread.

Here's what I bought,

2013 Lexus RX 350 AWD
Nebula Gray Pearl
Black interior
NAVIGATION PKG HD
PREMIUM PKG with BLIND SPOT MONITOR SYSTEM
COMFORT PKG
19" X 7.5" TRIPLE SPLIT 5-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST

It has just about everything I wanted. Very comfortable seats. Smooth ride. Now to put some miles on her.
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (04-22-21)
Old 10-01-15, 11:37 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I came from an 06 RXh, then moved to a 10 RX350. But I just couldn't get used to the gas version. So we went in to "look" if the dealer had a pre-owned 3rd gen hybrid on the lot. They did, but it was the manager's car. Told them what I was looking for, price, features, color, price, gas mileage, and most of all...price.

Next day, they called me with some outrageous price. So, I gave them my outrageous counter-offer. They actually accepted my offer. So I got put into a lease of a 2015 RXh with 5 miles on it!

Nebula gray Ext
Black w/ Bamboo trim Int
Navigation, BT, Rear camera, BSM, pretty much everything except ML audio.

From 19mpg to 31mpg! I am just stoked with my 3rd RX!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE