RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-15, 01:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

LOL, welcome to the OCD club gregjhonda. I have more products for the 450h than myself, turning the RXh into a raging metrosexual For those less attractive times (and we know they're coming) feel free to commiserate by posting pics here.

BTW, very classy color combo on your 350
Old 08-26-15, 01:33 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
My first black auto and I have have heard that they are a joy to get clean. Thankfully the hood if it develops swirls is hidden from view while riding in the cockpit. ... Only cleanliness issue I am having so far is the windows. They came with a really greasy film on them. Windex, Meguiar's didn't touch it. Stoner's Invisible glass did much better. Bon Ami no longer recommends using their 1886 Original Formula on auto windshields. Tonight I am gonna try the Gel-Gloss NoSteek Glass Wax Cleaner and the lint free Surgical Huck Towels on the windows. Picky....picky...picky......
Be sure to check out our Auto Care & Detailing Forum when you have a chance. Great info and sharing there on maintaining one's ride that I've gleamed knowledge and advice from for years. Several professional detailers hang out there. Good luck getting rid of the film on your windshield -- makes me remember way back in-the-day before I knew better, what original Armor All that I used to use on my dash would do to the inside of all my windows after a few days baking in the sun.
Old 08-27-15, 03:16 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1st RX 350

Although I am not new to Lexus as I own an ES350 also, I am now the proud (hopefully) owner of a new 2015 RX350. This is my 1st RX350 and hopefully will enjoy it for years to come. Here is my option pkg:
Nav system
Comfort Pkg
Premium Pkg
19" Rims
Wood trim wheel & shift ****

Starfire Pearl w/black leather
Old 08-27-15, 05:16 AM
BertL

Richie7: Congrats on that new RX350. For me, any of the white pearl variants from Lexus make my jaw drop. Be sure to post a photo -- you know how that goes -- we're a visual bunch around here! Enjoy!
Old 08-27-15, 06:31 PM
MoLex5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 RX 350 in NC

Just got my RX yesterday! 😊

RX350 2013 (Lexus Certified Used Vehicle)
No navigation
ext: Nebula Gray Pearl
Int: Light Gray
Option Packages: Comfort Package and Premium Package

What an upgrade! I was driving a 1999 Toyota Camry Solara. It has 196,000 mi and still runs great. Have wanted a Lexus for a REALLY long time. Very happy with this vehicle.

My long awaited upgrade! Old Toyota can be seen parked in the background.

Last edited by MoLex5; 08-27-15 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a package on the vehicle
Old 08-27-15, 06:43 PM
BertL

MoLex5, welcome to CL and congrats on that new-to-you 2013 RX. It's a beauty, but then I'm partial to members of the Nebual Grey family. Enjoy it!
Old 08-27-15, 07:51 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been hanging out on the LS460, the SC430 and the CT200h forums being we've owned each model.

Two weeks ago we picked up a RX450h in Satin Cashmere with Saddle interior. I'll post pictures tomorrow when the sun comes up. It was the only RXh in that color combination anywhere in Florida. The color combo was picked out by my wife. She missed the Saddle interior of her 2007 SC430 I traded in for a Ford truck last year. Happy wife, happy life.

We are long time Lexus owners. We traded in a 2012 CT200h and a 2014 Ford 4x4 Lariat Super Crew cab for the RXh.

In the last 4 years I've owned a 2009 LS460, a 2007 Silver/Saddle SC430, a 2012 CT200h and a 2008 Matador Red w/Ecru SC430. We still have the Red SC430 and love that car more than any other car I've ever owned.

We've owned Hybrids for over 10 years and the familiar sounds of regenerative braking makes us feel at home. Our first hybrid was a Prius then replaced it with the CT.

Here's a picture of the cars in our driveway in Last year.

I look forward to learning from RX owners.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  

Last edited by FLYCT; 08-27-15 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-28-15, 01:05 AM
BertL

FLYCT: An official welcome over here to our world of everything RX... I have seen you in the RX boards for a few weeks now, and was pleasantly surprised to see in your signature a couple SC430's being part of your past -- and present.

While I've personally owned RX longest of any model within the Lexus or any vehicle manufacturer's brand for that matter, my purchased-new 2002 indigo ink pearl / ecru / maple SC430 remains perhaps the best toy I've ever owned. There was just something about having lived through the pursuit -- having a deposit down for nearly a year being part of what had become a global wait list because of the huge demand; wondering each time the phone would ring if my dream had arrived and I had 48 hours to pick it up; ultimately a friend finding an unexpected "bonus car" matching what I was looking for on the opposite coast; my flying out to buy it and have it shipped to the other side of the US on my own; and later learning my chosen color combination was less than 5% of what was ever manufactured during the model's lifetime. It was my first vert, had lines that can still get me going, and was a ride I will always miss. Ahhh ...but I digress here so early this morning.

Enjoy that SC while it's part of your stable, but here's also to many years of RX enjoyment as so many of us have also encountered. IMHO, RX just flat out is one, if not the best.

Last edited by BertL; 08-28-15 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Better English. My 5th grade teacher would have been mortified at my language.
Old 08-28-15, 04:20 PM
FLYCT

I took pictures pictures today of our new RX450h in Sarin Cashmere with Saddle interior.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  
Old 08-28-15, 04:22 PM
FLYCT

And here is the interior
Old 08-30-15, 06:55 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Nice. Not a common color at all. I've only seen a few out there. I especially like the interior. It's classy. Now go vacuum that rug, LOL!
Old 08-30-15, 11:36 PM
kloakndagg
Driver School Candidate

Default "New" used rx350

Hey! Wife and I just picked up a 2013 rx350 that was in immaculate condition. Starfire pearl with light grey interior. 30k miles and certified. We wanted an f sport but got this due to the funky transmission complaints by some users.

Drives very comfortably and liking it so far. Just picked up some weathertech floor liners and hopefully xenon kit from xenondepot.
Old 08-30-15, 11:38 PM
kloakndagg
Driver School Candidate

very nice! how many miles did it have?
Originally Posted by MoLex5
Just got my RX yesterday! 😊

RX350 2013 (Lexus Certified Used Vehicle)
No navigation
ext: Nebula Gray Pearl
Int: Light Gray
Option Packages: Comfort Package and Premium Package

What an upgrade! I was driving a 1999 Toyota Camry Solara. It has 196,000 mi and still runs great. Have wanted a Lexus for a REALLY long time. Very happy with this vehicle.

My long awaited upgrade! Old Toyota can be seen parked in the background.
Old 08-31-15, 03:47 AM
BertL

Originally Posted by kloakndagg
Hey! Wife and I just picked up a 2013 rx350 that was in immaculate condition. Starfire pearl with light grey interior. 30k miles and certified. We wanted an f sport but got this due to the funky transmission complaints by some users.

Drives very comfortably and liking it so far. Just picked up some weathertech floor liners and hopefully xenon kit from xenondepot.
Congrats on your new-to-you 2013. Sounds like an elegant ride -- loved the grey leather in my previous RX400h. Be sure post a pic when you get a chance.
Old 08-31-15, 03:50 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A Fix for Your Swirls on Black

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
My first black auto and I have have heard that they are a joy to get clean. Thankfully the hood if it develops swirls is hidden from view while riding in the cockpit. I have added mud flaps, roof rack cross bars, Weathertech mats and soon door side moulding. Not going to use the roof rack, just think it looks weird without cross bars. It was either add the cross bars or take the roof rack side rails off. Will hold the side moulding up to the doors to see if I like it before installing. the side doors are pretty massive and breaking them up with the moulding seems to give them a more 3D sculpted look. Have owned 7 Hondas before the GM Avalanche fiasco so reliability is key for me. My son has an IS250 and my dad a new RAV4 so we all greatly value reliability. So many nice new cars out soon like the new Tacomas, Maxima, 2016 RX, Genesis etal so I was hard to decide between buying now and waiting for a new gen vehicle. Only cleanliness issue I am having so far is the windows. They came with a really greasy film on them. Windex, Meguiar's didn't touch it. Stoner's Invisible glass did much better. Bon Ami no longer recommends using their 1886 Original Formula on auto windshields. Tonight I am gonna try the Gel-Gloss NoSteek Glass Wax Cleaner and the lint free Surgical Huck Towels on the windows. Picky....picky...picky......
I used to get swirls on my black FX4 until I bought a Porter Cable dual action polisher from Auto Geek (autogeek.net). This is not your normal polisher that you see at WalMart. I have used this polisher for 6 years on all my vehicles (2 Lexus' & FX4). My FX4 is black and no swirls. I see on their website that they also sell a different polisher which I am not familiar with. Call them and ask. I use their Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish and then Wolfgang Sealant. Both are applied with the same polisher but different foam pads due to the different products(polish, sealant). NEVER had one swirl! I called them and asked what I needed for my black truck and what I needed for my light colored Lexus'. They were very helpful and I continue to use their products. People cannot believe my 09 Lexus and FX4 are about 7 years old. They do look new. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE