RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Venture Shield clear bra installed today

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 11:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Venture Shield clear bra installed today

i had venture shield clear bra installed this afternoon - half hood, full bumper, headlamps, fog lights, and side mirrors. my local lexus dealership recommended the clear bra installer, and i guess i'm pleased with the results. clear bra is virtually invisible on aurora white pearl from a step or two away, unless you get in real close.

the only minor concern i have with the clear bra is that there is still a very minute exposure at the edges - potential rock chip could still occur. i don't think it's an install problem, but the clear bra is actually pre-cut that way. i can live with this (i think).
Old 08-07-09, 11:21 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Here in Cali, I had one of my cars clear bra-ed by Premier (comes highly recomended by this forum in the NorCal section), and they are famous for doing a custom job on the car where they will actually wrap the plastic around the edges. however, just the full hood cost me $500
Old 11-25-09, 08:57 AM
kooser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have your clear bra installed on your RX450h or GS?
Would you share the cost for your job because I am trying to gather some quotes to see what is reasonable. Had both my Cayenne Turbo and 3-series done at the dealerships and can't even remember what it cost (I wanna say $1,100 USD with tax)

http://web.mac.com/kooser/iWeb/Koose...y/Welcome.html
Old 11-25-09, 09:03 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I was quoted about $1,200 for 3m from my dealer, around $1,400 for full hood and pillars.
Old 11-25-09, 04:33 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kooser
Did you have your clear bra installed on your RX450h or GS?
Would you share the cost for your job because I am trying to gather some quotes to see what is reasonable. Had both my Cayenne Turbo and 3-series done at the dealerships and can't even remember what it cost (I wanna say $1,100 USD with tax)

http://web.mac.com/kooser/iWeb/Koose...y/Welcome.html
i paid $750 Cdn dollars, but it did not include full hood (only half hood). and the clear bra was for my RX450h
Old 11-28-09, 12:06 PM
SALTY2
Rookie

How about some pictures?
Old 12-09-09, 09:54 PM
garfull
Rookie

For those in california sf area. Vincent @ Omega tinwerks in pleasanton is highly recomended. He installed the venture shield kit. Half hood, bumper, mirrors, headlights, fog lights. He hand cut the mirrors since the pieces from the kit were not very good. Also added extra coverage at the very bottom section of the bumper. The kit doesn't cover that and good thing it it since it hit a tire shard on the freeway. His price is very competitive.
Old 12-10-09, 05:56 AM
iewiew
Driver

Default Wax it

After a couple of weeks puy on a good coat of polish with Teflon. I use StarBrite Marine with Teflon. The bugs almost slide off by themselves.
Old 12-29-09, 10:29 AM
jwalker678
Driver School Candidate

Was quoted $500 for 3M and includes 4 door edges. The same guy that does the two lexus dealerships here in st. louis. He also did my GT-R and was excellent install.
Old 12-29-09, 07:44 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

In for some pics. Im about to take my parents Starfire Pearl RX350 in to get a clear bra put on.
Old 12-30-09, 11:14 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $1000 for 3M full hood, front and rear bumpers, mirrors, 4 door edges and fenders.
Old 12-30-09, 05:45 PM
jclem
Pole Position

I had the clear bra done at the dealer when I bought it. They called it Polyshield and it covers the bumper, full hood, mirrors and lights. They wanted $800, I paid $400. Well worth it.
Old 01-01-10, 07:52 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Storm... Don't know if you noticed, but the pattern for mirrors is a bit off. Look at it this way... better coverage than without. I also had my local shop put a piece between the top edge of the windshield and leading edge of the sunroof for the high flying rocks.

RXSF... Premier does a couple road trips up and down the coast and did a custom job on my IS350 in Santa Barbara. Did a crap job, edges kept coming up and no easy way to get it fixed. Given the way they handled it, I'd never use them again or recommend them, so I'm going to have to offer a differing opinion.

Cleaning... highly recommend using Plexus. Great to clean bugs etc off and has antistatic properties.

BTW don't ever use carnuba on your clear bra. Causes it to yellow early.
Old 01-01-10, 08:58 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by tazdevl

RXSF... Premier does a couple road trips up and down the coast and did a custom job on my IS350 in Santa Barbara. Did a crap job, edges kept coming up and no easy way to get it fixed. Given the way they handled it, I'd never use them again or recommend them, so I'm going to have to offer a differing opinion.
that is very interesting to hear. I hear nothing but good things for the place. I have one corner where the edge is not as concealed as the other corners, but overall, I am pretty happy with the results. However, they charge too much
Old 01-03-10, 07:20 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
that is very interesting to hear. I hear nothing but good things for the place. I have one corner where the edge is not as concealed as the other corners, but overall, I am pretty happy with the results. However, they charge too much
Custom is expensive regardless. Typically installers use more film but the coverage it better. Patterns are cheaper.

My experience, they got offended when I called them to let them know about the issues I was having, nicely mind you. Rather than offering to fix it on the next road trip or the return trip, they swung by SB on the way back to the Bar Area, pulled it off the car and gave me my money back.

Quick Reply: Venture Shield clear bra installed today