RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Cleaning light colored seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-09, 12:39 PM
iewiew
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning light colored seats

what do use to wipe off your seats? I bought some baby wipes but they have aloe and I am afraid to use them.
Old 07-19-09, 01:17 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

We have used baby wipes for years on our leather (always light color leather too). Cleans most stains well, no problems. Maybe helps that still use leather conditioner twice a year regardless.
Old 07-19-09, 02:23 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

most people mix a solution of woolite and water.
Old 07-19-09, 02:25 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

use the lexus leather conditioner, or any other good leather conditioner.
Old 07-19-09, 02:58 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

meguiars. just used it for the first time the other day and man the seats are as good as new. soft, smooth, clean and smell good.
Old 07-20-09, 05:36 AM
iewiew
Driver

Default meguiars

Just checked out meguiars interior wipes and they have Aloe also. I am going to try the Baby Wipes, will report back.
Old 07-20-09, 06:29 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Btmnk21
meguiars. just used it for the first time the other day and man the seats are as good as new. soft, smooth, clean and smell good.
Are you talking about Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner? I just got a container of the wipes and it's good stuff. Now I'm getting ready to tackle that huge dash with Armour All. It's just too dry looking w/o it and collects dust fast.
Old 07-20-09, 07:15 AM
htn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Are you talking about Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner? I just got a container of the wipes and it's good stuff. Now I'm getting ready to tackle that huge dash with Armour All. It's just too dry looking w/o it and collects dust fast.
I hope you have not done so. Armour All is probably the worst product to use. It will dry out your dash and will lead to cracking in the future.
Meguiar's is the best over the counter product avail.
Old 07-20-09, 09:26 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by htn
I hope you have not done so. Armour All is probably the worst product to use. It will dry out your dash and will lead to cracking in the future.
i know armour all is crap when it comes to tire dressing...after awhile, your tires turn brown from that gunk. but that was back in the 90s, don't know if the formula is the same or not now.
Old 07-20-09, 11:45 AM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by htn
They have a brand new formula now. I used to be in the business and I know what you're talking about. The new stuff is really pretty good and spreads on better.
Old 07-20-09, 12:31 PM
ajs
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I'm getting ready to tackle that huge dash with Armour All. It's just too dry looking w/o it and collects dust fast.
Why not use a dash mat? I think it enhances the look of the interior and provides full-time protection for the dash. Just don't get a light colored one since it will create too much reflection on the front glass.

I got mine from mrdashmat.com, the only site I could find that offers dash mats for 2010 RX. They provided great service, so I don't mind giving them a little advertisement:

http://www.mrdashmat.com/Lexus-RX-Al...r-p-16631.html
Old 07-20-09, 12:52 PM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by ajs
Why not use a dash mat? I think it enhances the look of the interior and provides full-time protection for the dash. Just don't get a light colored one since it will create too much reflection on the front glass.

I got mine from mrdashmat.com, the only site I could find that offers dash mats for 2010 RX. They provided great service, so I don't mind giving them a little advertisement:

http://www.mrdashmat.com/Lexus-RX-Al...r-p-16631.html
Uh, don't take this the wrong way, but I can't fathom the thought of a 'mat' on the dash of my 2010 (h). Ugghhh !!!

It's usually parked in the garage. The new formula ArmorAll looks great once applied properly on it.

Shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-20-09, 01:31 PM
ajs
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh, don't take this the wrong way, but I can't fathom the thought of a 'mat' on the dash of my 2010 (h). Ugghhh !!!

Like they say, different strokes for different folks...

But I'm sure glad I got my dash mat. I got the charcoal color sedona suede and it looks great.

Good luck with the Armorall
Old 07-20-09, 03:00 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used Lexol leather conditioner on all my Lexus leather for years. As far as I know all the Lexol products are well respected in the auto detail community.

The conditioner works for me !

Old 07-20-09, 04:21 PM
art123
Driver School Candidate

ask my girlfriend, not my job

Quick Reply: Cleaning light colored seats